1979 - 41 foot Morgan Out Island Center Cockpit Ketch
(Long Beach, CA)
This is the original Morgan Out Island Blue Water Cruising Boat. It has the full leaded keel.
The hull is in some placed 2 inches thick. This was discovered when we installed the new port lights.
Located in Long Beach, CA
Thinking of buying a sailboat?
For some absolutely essential money-saving advice Click Here!
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single Diesel
Builder: Morgan Yachts – Florida
Designer: Charlie MorganDimensions:
- LOA 41'3"
- LWL 34'0"
- Beam 13'0"
- Draft 4'2"
- Displacement 27,000 lbs
- Ballast 9000 lbs.
80HP Westerbeke. Diesel engine, new and installed in 2006 with new exhaust hoses, plumbed for generator exhaust hoses and stainless exhaust ports. Also installed new hydraulic lines for the steering at that time. It has dual Racor fuel filters and an ALGAE-X model LG-X500 Fuel Conditioner installed in line. The high output alternator was installed when the Westerbeke engine was installed.
Cruising Speed: 7 Knots, Max Speed: 8 Knots
Fuel: 270 Gallons in 2 tanks (the port tank is not in use at this time)
Water: 300 gallons
Holding: 2 soft sided tanksAccommodations (for Six+):
- Forward V-Cabin features large double berth with hanging locker to port and a private head with shower to starboard;
- The Salon area features a large dinette to starboard and settee to port;
- There is a mattress and a board for the settee;
- All mattresses were replaced in 2002;
- The Galley is midship to starboard;
- The Master stateroom is aft and features a large double berth with a private head and shower;
- There is a chart table with storage drawers;
- There is a passage way from the front of the boat to the aft stateroom and head without going outside through the center cockpit;
- Have 2 new heads that are not installed yet;
- New carpet installed on the interior walls in 2015.
Electronics and Navigation:
- New 3 burner Stove with oven and gimbaled. Partially installed. Never used;
- Double Stainless Steel Sinks and Stainless Fixtures;
- Fridge (Not working at this time);
- Two Ice boxes;
- Microwave oven;
- Autohelm 3000 wheel pilot;
- S-100KL Datamarine Knotmeter;
- S-200 DL Datamarine depth sounder;
- VHF Radio;
- AM/FM stereo/CD;
Sails and Rigging:
- 110 volt AC shore power system;
- Heart Freedom 25 invertor/charger;
- High output alternator;
Deck and Hull Equipment:
- Sail inventory; Dacron Mainsail, Jib Sail, Mizzen Sail and sail covers. The sails and sail covers are new, only used one time;
- There is a spinnaker pole;
- Stainless wire standing rigging;
- Pro-Furl roller furling system (new as of 2001);
- Six Lewmar winches;
- Running rigging was new as of 2005;
Please text me at (562) 481-5076 for more information or to schedule an appointment to see the boat.
- Cockpit dodger added to the boat in 1998;
- Anchor with chain and rode, new as of 2002;
- Lighthouse Anchor winch was added in 2002;
- Some of the soft rails were changed to stainless hard rails in 2003;
- The entire boat was painted in 2003 with Sterling Paint;
- Port lights were installed in 2003;