1986 Tayana Victoria 42
Aft Cockpit Sailboat
The Tayana is a great live aboard / cruising sailboat, comfortable, safe, and able to withstand adverse weather conditions easily.
Cruising speed under sail is approximately 7 knots, but we have seen 9+ knots. We are the second owners and both owners have taken care to keep the boat in good condition. She has spent half of her years in Lake Superior and half in salt water, cruising.
The Tayana has an incredible amount of interior storage, with lots of lovely golden satin finished teak cabinets, shelves and drawers.
Below the cockpit is an enclosed compartment which houses the steering mechanism, AC refrigeration system, water heater, inverter, emergency tiller and plenty of additional storage space.
We have updated many of the systems and equipment in the 8 years we've owned it. The boat has never been chartered.
Thinking of buying a sailboat? General Specification
For some absolutely essential money-saving advice Click Here!
- LOA = 42';
- LWL = 33';
- Beam 12'6";
- Displacement = 29,157lb;
- Ballast = 11,800lb;
- Draft = 5' 10";
- Bridge clearance 62'
- 2011 - New Mermaid 16,500 BTU Reverse cycle A/C;
- 2008 - Propane system updated with new Fireboy regulator for auto switching between 2 tanks;
- Propane locker holds three 20# tanks;
- 2012 - New Seaward 11 gal. water heater with engine heat exchange, new hoses;
- 2009 - New water pressure tank;
- 2010 - New Shurflo Extreme 65 psi water pump;
- 3 burner stove with good size oven/broiler;
- 2 deep stainless steel sinks in galley with pressurized fresh water or fresh/salt water foot pumps;
- Two 75 gallon fresh water tanks;
- 7 cu ft refrigerator and 8 cu ft freezer, AC or engine driven;
- One head with manual toilet and separate shower compartment;
- 35 gallon holding tank;
- Forward and aft staterooms plus insert for additional bedding in salon - sleeps 6 easily
- 2008 - All running rigging replaced;
- 2010 - All main sail blocks replace with Garhauer Blocks;
- 2008 - New Jiffy Jax lazy jacks for Main Sail;
- 2009 - New Charleston Spar Boom with vang lug and 4 sheaves;
- 2009 - Custom made solid teak boom crutch;
- 2008 - New blocks for Yankee;
- 2011 - New Bimini and Dodger, 8 piece system with removable center section
- 2008 - New custom made cockpit cushions;
- 2008 - New OEM navigations lights;
- 2008 - Mystic stainless steel swim ladder which installs on port or starboard sides;
- Bishops post on stern;
- Manual windlass with 150 feet of 3/8 inch chain attached to 45 lb. CQR anchor;
- Spare 40lb Danforth anchor;
- Custom made helm seat;
- 5 dorades with screens inside and out with SS ventilators;
- 5 hatches with screens - screens replaced 2009, seals replaced 2008;
- 13 opening ports with screens;
- 6 deck mounted light prisms
- 2008 - Garmin 5208 touch screen chart plotter loaded with all US charts;
- 2008 - Xantrex Prosine 2.0 Inverter added;
- 2008 - Custom made wiring for 660 amp-hour AGM battery bank;
- 2010 - New Furr 30A 50 foot power cord;
- Navico 5000 wheel pilot with replacement belts;
- Icom VHF radio;
- 2015 - New Garmin GWS10 wind and DST800 depth/speed instrumentation;
- 2015 - Icom M802 single side-band system
2008 - Custom made sails and covers:~
- 116% Dacron Yankee with roller furling;
- Loose footed Dacron Main with standard battens and 3 reef points;
- Dacron Staysail with self tending boom;
- 110% original Yankee sail and original staysail included as well;
- Yanmar 4JHE 44hp with 5300 hours;
- Cruising speed under power is approximately 5.5 knots;
- Two 60 gallon diesel fuel tanks
- Fiberglass hull and decks;
- Built in Taiwan, designed by Robert Harris
$125,000 now $115,000!Boat located in Washburn Marina, Washburn WisconsinPlease contact Cindy or Terry on 715-210-4390 or email us...