A Modern Classic Yacht
The Mustang 45
by Pierre Chateau
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
Thinking of buying a sailboat? Avocet of Ryme
For some absolutely essential money-saving advice Click Here!
is for sale after a successful 18 month trip around the Meditteranean and the Atlantic.
She has a strong red cedar/ epoxy sandwich hull (West system) and a cutter rig.
Built to the best standards by Mustang Yachts in the UK in 1983, she is in pristine condition with all major items having recently been changed or updated (Teak deck 2007-8, Sails 2013, Electronic 2013 etc.). Avocet
is a very stiff and seaworthy vessel and a real head-turner.
She is now in south of France in Port Napoleon shipyard awaiting her new owner.Avocet of Ryme
is a Mustang 45.
She's registered on the Part 1 registry (MCA) and the VAT is paid for Europe.Her main dimensions are:
- LOA: 13.68m
- Beam: 4.1m
- Draft: 2.1m
- Displacement: around 12T
- Sails: Yankee, Staysail and Main and Hydranet triradial from Quantum sails (2013)
- Mooring: Rocna 25kg + 100m chain of 10mm (2013)
- Winches: All Barlow self-tailing (8 in cockpit, 5 on the mast)
- Stern gantry supporting antenas, 3 x 100W solar panels, Radar (Raymarine 418 HD Color) and 400W Windturbine (D400)
- Raymarine C120W chartplotter in the cockpit (2012)
- Standard Horizon C300 chartplotter at nav station
- DSC + AIS VHF (2012)
- GPS Garmin
- NMEA wifi multiplexer to get all ship's data on tablets or computers (2012)
- B&G Hydra nav system
- Navman Autopilot
- Digital yacht WL510 + inavconnect wifi amplifier and wifi router (2013)
- Clipper battery controller (2013)
- Yellowbrick tracker (2013)
- Saegan SSB receiver (2012)
- Seago Epirb (2013)
Asking price is €110k - which is around 88kGBP
- 5 x fire extinguishers (2013)
- 4 x 100A Bosh deep cycle batteries (2012)
- New (2014) 1500W windlass
- Dinghy: Zodiac 285cm in hypalon with inflatable floor (2012)
- Outboard: Yamaha 6CV 2st
- Set of spare sails: Main, Genoa, Yankee stay sail and spinnaker all in good condition
- Fenders: 8
- Tailored winter cover covering all deck (2012)
- Fixed bimini and anchorage sun cover (2013)
- Baby Blake toilets
- Teck deck (changed 2008-2009)
- New hull paint (2009)
- New standing rigging (2009)
- The engine is from 1997 and was overhauled in 2012-2013