Cobra 850 Sailboat 'Wandering Star' for Sale
by Philip Hopcroft
'Wandering Star' has been constantly maintained and has given us years of pleasure in the Solent. It is a bilge keeler which means that we have been able to explore the most beautiful bays which are in shallow waters, such as Newton Creek, Keyhaven, Christchurch, Bembridge and Newport.
The Cobra 850 is robust, easy to sail and will be ideal for someone just getting into sailing.
Designed by David Feltham and built in the UK by Cobra Yachts, she's 28'6" overall with a 9'6" beam and displaces 7,750lb.
'Wandering Star' will sleep 5 people and is fitted for comfort for the cruising sailor.
Contact: Philip Hopcroft, Tel Number (UK): 0121 308 7682
List of Maintained and Updated Items:~
- New aerial fitted and cables replaced within the mast;
- New Clipper depth and speed instructions;
- New upholstery throughout fitted with washable covers;
- Spilt pins, O rings and cleats replaced;
- 2 fitted new 2-speed chrome winches;
- New control switch panel;
- New Yanmar engine 2004 and serviced every year since;
- Fitting costs for new engine;
- New boom, lazyjacks, sprayhood with grab rail and dodgers;
- New Barton genoa cars and blocks replaced;
- New Sc LopPro Front Hatch fitted in saloon bunks;
- New Cooker with 2 rings and grill fitted;
- New steaming and deck lights;
- Interior wood work stripped and varnished;
- Fit new hatch for toilet compartment;
- New white laminate fitted in main cabin area;
- All halyards and blocks have been replaced;
- New Tacktick and Tricolour fitted;
- 2009 New Headsail/Genoa fitted;
- Anchor chain anodised;
- 2010 New roof and side panels fitted in Saloon;
- Replace rubbing strake on starboard quarter;
- Engine seacock replaced;
- Domestic battery replaced;
- Windex replaced;
- New engine mounts fitted;
- New cutlass bearing fitted.
Thinking of buying a sailboat?
For some Absolutely Essential Money-Saving Advice Click Here!