Hunter 31 Legend for sale
by Tim Stark
(St.Petersburg, Fl, USA)
Hunter 31 why not get sailing Now
Hunter 31 LEGEND, 1983 - Reduced Price below Market (see Boattrader.com ads)
Great assets that you do not have to worry about on this boat:
Things you can do yourself - Your Way and You Save:
- Professionally installed Yanmar 20 hp only 248 hours 3.75 yrs, P prop, 6 month filters changes. If you are not aware of what a new motor costs call. The motor is $8,000 and the install was $3,630 - think about that when looking at other sailboats;
- Three big group 27 batteries 1.75 years and a charger at 2.5 years;
- New Foss Rudder, steering tuned 1.5 yr;
- Simrand Auto Pilot makes single hand sailing easy - original rugged unit works great;
- Sails, standing rigging and running rigging, Hood jib roller reefing - all great;
- Main Reefing by Bruce Bingham design / installed, reef safely in less than a minute;
- Lines back to the cockpit with Lewmar line locks;
- Winches: main & jib halyards, primary Self Tailing jib winches by Barlow - big #23;
- 541S GPS / Depth by Garmin is 6 months old with extended transferable warranty;
- Anchors: Bruce 10kg Plow with 150 feet of plait, Danforth forged with 120 feet triple;
- Cushions are clean and neutral;
- Interior is clean and a blank slate for your design tastes;
- 6 Port Lens and gaskets New last month so you are good for another 30 years.
- Forward deck hatch: This Bomar hatch needs a lens, chalk, gasket and holder ($110)
- Mid deck hatch: This Bomar hatch requies the same. ($110)
- Bottom Paint: It is 3.5 yrs, the hull looks good, yet the keel needs attention, bottom paint typically lasts three years so this is normal. So haul, epoxy barrier coat the keel and repaint ($960)
- Fore deck gelcoat: 6 square feet of gelcoat is thinning, paint these panels. We bought the Imron paint - if it wasn’t raining it would have been done. ($100)
- Cabin sole(floor), plywood: This is an easy fix as the sole is panelized. This is your opportunity to choose what sole finish you want so the repair price varies. ($320-$550)
- Vee berth walls: We have purchased carpet for that space (gray) and will give it to you. All you need is contact glue, or choose a different finish. ($20-$120)
- VHF is not sending/receiving, we have a new antenna in box. It may be simple corrosion so replace the entire wire and ends. ($40-$170)
Bottom Line: The do it yourself things are $1,780 - $2,010. Boattrader.com typical market price averages $19,200. Look at the 'average boat' and you will find issues and things you would change to suit your needs/tastes. So $19,200 less DIY repairs of $2,010 = starting point of asking $17,190.
Let’s get to the bottom line - $11,700.
Susan moved off the boat, moved on in her life, is not using it so wants to see a new owner enjoy sailing, she wants to sell the boat NOW!
Call Tim to see the boat 727-403-9900, (no endless texts), Make offer 7 AM to 9 PM. St. Petersburg/Gulfport Municipal Marina, Florida.