'Irish Mist', a Charger 33 Cruiser Racer
by Alan Heward
(Nelson, New Zealand)
'Irish Mist' is a beautifully presented Racing/Cruising yacht, designed by award winning designer Angelo Lavranos. She is a pleasure to sail and is currently located in Nelson, Nelson Bays, New Zealand.
Built in 1988 by John Robertson Yachts Capetown, she was the 1997 winner of the iconic Cape to Rio race. (http://www.fti.co.za/pg.php?p=&pid=32&sid=3)
1st place in the Tasman Bay Cruising Club Division 3. 2014 – 2015.
Lovely interior which is spacious, and provides sleeping accommodation for up to 7 crew.
- Length overall: 33ft (10.06m)
- Beam 3.43m.
- Draft 1.85m.
Sail wardrobe and covers
- Main sail: slab reef fully battened mainsail new 2013
- New Genoa 2014, number 3 and number 4 jibs & Storm Jib
- 2 x Spinnakers
- 1 x Gennaker
- All new canvas dodger and sailcover 2015,
Winches and rigging
- Fractional rig with inner forestay
- Winches: 2 x SS Anderson self tail main winch new 2016
- Cockpit: 2 x SS Anderson self tail main winch 2016
- Cabin Top: 2 x cabintop halyard winches
- 14 x spinlock clutches new 2015,
- All new dynema halyards 2015,
- Yanmar 18hp diesel engine
Accomodation and Galley
- 7 berth, full headroom
- Marine flush toilet and holding tank
- 2 x gas burner, grill & oven
- LPG tank
Electrical and Electronics
- 80W Solar panel
- House and start batteries
- 12V fridge,
- VHF and SSB radios,
- Depth, wind direction & colour chartplotter
- Stereo/CD/MP3: CD Player / Radio / Cassette Tape
- Anchor, 40m chain & 50m warp,
- Maxwell capstan reconditioned 2015
- 2.4m inflatable tender & 2.5hp mercury outboard
Overall a fantastic and versatile yacht. Appointed with all the modern conveniences and equipment, this vessel has all you need to get out on the water.
Asking price: NZ$58,000 or US$40,000.
Please click here to contact the owner for further details...