by Bob Willis
(St Maarten, Caribbean)
Passat is a 1980 Montevideo 43, built and designed in South Africa by Fred Schultz.
She has been our home for 10 years and we have sailed her extensively around the Caribbean, USA, Venezuela, Panama and Guyanas.
With her wine glass hull profile she doesn't pound to windward and is comfortable on all points of sail.
Her fin keel is moulded into the hull giving a draft of 2 metres and she has a skeg hung rudder.
Very recent upgrades include a brand new Hydrovane Self-Steering Gear, two Lewmar 65 winches, a Kubota generator, a stainless steel rail including dinghy davits and a new dodger.
- new Seahawk Islands 44 TBT antifoul paint (2015);
- a new Lofrans project X3 windlass - 2013;
- all new Lewmar hatches were in installed in 2007;
- a hard bimini/rain catcher with 2 x 130w Kyocera solar panels;
- an Aero 6 wind genny;
- liferaft (now out of date);
- recent gel batteries of 600 A/hr plus AGM start battery;
- various winches, mostly self tailing, some new since 2010;
- various anchors, 150 ft good chain;
- Furuno radar new recently;
- Harken Batt car system;
- lazy jacks, drop bag, etc;
- all new standing rigging +/- in 2008;
- running rigging new recently (spectra halyards);
- very new genoa 117% and a perfectly good genoa 140%;
- good staysail, storm jib, main sail with 3 slab reefs excellent +/- 2008;
- cruising gennaker excellent;
- new folding mast steps on a double spreader Z-spars mast;
- all recent Raymarine electronics and auto-pilot;
- recent new hydraulic steering in new pedestal;
- Hydrovane self-steering (needs some refurbishment);
There is a 40 gallon/hour watermaker and 5kw Northern Lights generator on board.
She also has a recently new Yanmar 55 hp engine with only 850 hours.
Inside has aft cabin with own heads (electric), shower, etc.
The galley runs the length of the starboard side, it has a recent Force 10 stove and a new fridge.
There is a salon, a centre cabin with bunk and storage shelf, refurbished heads (electric), shower and hot and cold water throughout. There is a double bunk in the forepeak with a new mattress.
Insurance survey report available.
Her decks need painting and we are busy having a new dodger made.Price: US$85,000 negotiable
Please email the owner, Bob Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details or give him a call on +1-721-5227648.