Morgan 33 Out Island in Excellent Condition
by Kyle Klischuk
Morgan Out Island 33
Year Built: 1974
- LOA: 33 ft 0 in
- Beam: 11 ft 10 in
- LWL: 27 ft 6 in
- Maximum Draft: 3 ft 11 in
- Displacement: 14500 lbs
- Ballast: 5000 lbs
- Bridge Clearance: 45 ft 0 in
- Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Engine and Fuel
- Engine Brand: Yanmar
- Engine(s) Total Power: 30 HP
- Engine Model: 3JH2-TE
- Drive Type: Direct Drive
- Cruising Speed: 5 knots
- Yanmar 30 HP Turbo diesel with low to mid hours HJ2T-E (top end fully rebuilt March 2014)
- Balmar 80 Amp High output alternator with Smart Regulator
- Spare 40 Amp Alternator - Operational
- All new hoses replaced 2011 with complete spare set of hoses
- Fresh engine paint 2012
- New Raw Water filter 2012
- New engine mounts 2011
- Spare Transmission
- Fiberglass 55 gallon Diesel Tank
- New Wet Exhaust
- Voltage 12 volt and 110 volt
- Batteries 4-6 volt batteries 220 ah and one 12 volt 150 ah Starting battery - all Flooded.
- Spare Gel 12 volt 150 ah battery for emergency
- Charging Method – Alternator and Battery Charger
- Xantrex Freedom HF 1800 - 40AMP Battery Charger/1800 Watt Inverter
- 2 x 30 AMP -50’ cords with ‘Y’ Splitter
- Battery Isolator
- 60 Amp Galvanic Isolator
- Blue Sea Systems DC and AC power 19-15 amp circuits and 6 -15 Amp AC circuits and 2- 25 Amp circuits
- Blue Sea Systems Vessel Systems Monitor 422 with Ultrasonic Fuel Sensor and Bilge Alarm Monitor
- All LED lighting throughout Cabin and in engine room. Cabin lighting has Blue Sea Dimmer.
- All new Marine Wiring in entire boat properly gauged for circuit draws.
Navigation and Electronics
- Garmin Chartplotter mounted at Helm 4208 with Southwest Caribbean Card
- Garmin 48 nm HD Radar 18”
- Garmin AIS 300 VHF Radio Receiver
- Garmin GSM 10 Wind Instruments at top of mast (direction and speed)
- Garmin Intelliducer Depth Sounder
- RaymarineSPX-5 Wheel Smart Autopilot
- Sony Marine Stereo with 4 Bose Speakers - 2 in and 2 out
- 2 Xena Infared Motion Sensor Alarm Systems, one with keypad and one with key fob
- Contest Compass, visible from interior and exterior
- New LED Navigation lights Forward, new stern light aft
- Force 10 3 burner stove and oven
- Norcold N310 - 3 way refrigerator 110v, 12v and Propane
- Ice box with Dometic Chiller unit and oversized evaporator plate
- Magma BBQ with cover and valve and hose connection to main Propane Tank
- 18500 BTU AC unit with Digital Programmable Thermostat
Sails and Canvas
- Jabsco Toilet
- Shurflo Macerator pump
- Shurflo 3 way valve
- All new Odor Safe piping for gray water
- All undermount stainless steel sinks in Quartz countertops
- Kohler Faucets in Galley and Head
- Whale Shower Mixer and Handheld Shower in Head
- Whale Twist Handheld shower installed at Transom
- 70 Gallon Fresh Water tank
- Raw water filter and Fresh Water pump Shurflo Extreme Smart Sensor 3.8 GPM
- Hot and Cold Seatech Plumbing lines throughout with Seatech quick connect fittings
- Seaward 6 Gallon Water Heater 120v with option to hook up to heat exchanger
- Manual Bilge pump in Cockpit
- Automatic 12 volt Bilge pump and backup switch and pump aside.
Rigging and Deck Hardware
- Quantum 3 reef main with Captain Navy Blue Cover (3 years old)
- Quantum Roller Furler Genoa 130% with Captain Navy Blue Cover (3 years old)
- Backup main in OK condition, Backup 150% Genoa in OK condition, Spinnaker in OK Condition
- Captain Navy Blue Sunbrella cover for Wheel
- Ronstan Boom Tent
- Dodger – Clear Windows – used only twice – Captain Navy Sunbrella
- 10’ Sea Anchor with tackle and 500’ of 8 plait 5/8” rode
Ground Tackle and Outside Equipment
- Mast pulled (mast is 6 years old), rigging upgraded to thicker gauge, all new fittings March 2012
- Mast Boot removed and Spartite used. No leaks!
- Tubular Radar Reflector
- All new blocks and pulleys
- New stainless steel pop-up cleats at winches
- New stainless steel oversized cleats for dockage
- New Life lines upper and lower with gates
- Three Anchors, Two Danforth and one CQR
- Windlass (believed to be original)
- Two mounted Danforth and CQR Anchors have 50’ of 5/16” Chain with 250’ of 8 Plait 5/8” rode with Stainless steel swivels
- Swim ladder
- Teak Swim Platform
- Dinghy Davits
- Tender is West Marine 8’6” Alumimum bottom Inflatable with new paint on bottom and over Hypalon and 9.9 HP Mecrcury 2013 Engine including 6 gallon fuel tank- electric start - Brand new, never started.
- All floors removed and new floors installed from framing up.
- Stairs built new, floating style
- All White Quartz Counter-tops with undermount sinks.
- All new white formica interior bulkheads with Solid IPE custom trim
- Hardwood floors with custom oversized floor hatches for storage in Solid IPE
- All Seating and Bed Areas finished in IPE flooring
- New Subrella Grey Cushions/Bedding throughout.
- Recessed LED Dimmable Lighting throughout boat
- 4 man emergency liferaft with Roof
- Backup GPS and VHF
- 3 fire extinguishers installed in Foreward Cabin, Galley and engine room
- Man Overboard Throw Ring with 100’ of line
- 10’ Sea Anchor with Rode
- Manual Bilge Pump mounted in Cockpit
This was my first time owning a sailboat after sailing for years on other people's. I fully refitted the boat from bottom to top.
Being a finish carpenter with a successful construction company, I spared no expense making sure this will always be the nicest Morgan of its age. The boat has over $90,000 into it.
It has been an education, but I don't regret it. We sailed to Honduras, Panama and Colombia and back.
It is a very solid boat. Really takes heavy seas well. While not that fast, she is very roomy inside with the storage of a 45' racer. We now have a 39 Leopard Catamaran.
I would sell this boat to my next door neighbor or best friend without any hesitation. Not many who are selling boats can say that.
Currently out of the water for the hurricane season. Please take a look, you won't be disappointed.
Thinking of buying a sailboat?
For some absolutely essential money-saving advice Click Here!
Interested? Phone Kyle in the Cayman Islands on +1 345 5475776 or contact him by email...