'Abeaona', a Catana 42 Carbon for Sale
'Abeaona', a 2012 Catana 42 Carbon Infusion is cruise-ready and for sale in the USA.
The Catana 42 Carbon was named the Best Multihull under 50ft by Cruising World and is unique as the only sub 45ft performance catamaran built in the last decade for long term cruising. This boat out-sails anything in the class and lives up to the hype in terms of performance while also being a comfortable home at anchor. She has been extensively retrofitted, upgraded, and fine-tuned for long-range cruising and the lucky new owners will be purchasing a “cruise-ready” catamaran to sail away on.
The Catana 42’s unique sail handling systems – combining quality over-spec’d hardware, a line/winch console, and unique sheet/traveller rigging set-up allows easier short-handed sailing, safer/quicker reefing, more sail trimming control, and a clean deck/cockpit. Aft helm stations allow sailors to feel the wind, watch the ocean, monitor the sales, and feel like they are actually sailing. Catanas enjoy sailing at upwind angles that most cruising catamarans only dream about. With uniquely shaped hulls, overbuilt construction, and flexible sail plan, challenging conditions that would test other catamarans are comfortable and no-sweat for Catanas.
The unique layout creates a wide and comfortable cockpit that is much more spacious and comfortable than other boats this size and the views underneath a structural bimini are expansive. The seamless transition between cockpit and comfortable salon/galley creates an “open floor plan” that lets the overall living space feel far larger than a 42ft boat should. This is the four berths and two head layout that accommodates growing families, guests, and “stuff” with ease. Storage space takes advantage of the raised berths and large lazarettes and provides a nearly limitless amount of storage for provisions and gear.
Abeona has benefitted from extensive upgrades and retrofitting since 2019 as she has been cruised full-time over 3000 nautical miles. During that time the owners have fine-tuned her inventory to meet the needs of serious sailing families – this boat is ready to go cruising. Please contact us for a complete spec sheet.
Highlights include the following upgrades in the last 18 months:
- New Volvo D2-40 engines (440 hours currently);
- All three sails replaced with Elvstrom sails;
- 900W of solar added (for a total of 1.2kW);
- New AGM deep charge house bank (840Ah). New Victron bluetooth controllers, battery monitor, and battery combiner;
- New cockpit cushions and mattresses with upgraded foam and high quality Sunbrella fabric;
- 65lb Mantus Anchor;
- New Caribe 320 aluminum dual hull dingy powered by Suzuki EFI 15hp motor.
Other equipment includes:
- Garmin chartplotter, autopilot, and instruments;
- Garmin AIS 600 transponder;
- ICOMM VHF Radio w/ DSC;
- All LED lighting;
- DC low-amp Aquabase watermaker;
- Isotherm water heater (can be powered by solar/batteries);
- Redundant fresh water pumps and pressurized tanks;
- Salt-water pump with deck wash down and galley faucet;
- Eno 3 burner range and oven;
- Isotherm auxiliary freezer;
- 8 person life raft and 6 inflatable life vests;
- Cavernous storage under berths and huge deck lazarettes for gear.
Please contact the owner with any questions.