'Ariadne', a 1977 Camper & Nicholson 31 Sailboat for Sale
(Charleston, South Carolina, USA)
'Ariadne', a 1977 Nicholson 31
SORRY, NOW SOLD!'Ariadne', a Nicholson 31
Length 9.32m / 30'6"; Beam 3.12m / 10'2"; Draft 1.52m / 5'0".
Year of Build 1977; Gross tons 7.51 / 15,020 lbs; Displacement 5,897 kg / 13,000 lbs .
Builder: Camper & Nicholson; Hull Material: Fiberglass; Long keel; 5 berths.
Engine/Fuel type: Yanmar 2QM20 Diesel, 22 hp.
Water tank 300 L / 80 gallons; Fuel tank 90 L / 23 gallons.
Built in 1977 by world-renowned British boat builders Camper & Nicholson, this 'go anywhere' ocean cruiser is well-known for her sea keeping qualities. In excellent condition, she benefits from having had many upgrades including a purpose built mast with furling main sail and during an extensive 2016 refit had new standing rigging, a new Sea Feather wind vane, new solar panels, AGM batteries, navigation equipment and a Natures Head Compost toilet. Her hull has an epoxy barrier coat. Engine is original 1977, well maintained, running smooth - never missed a beat. Newly anti-fouled this week!
Recent circumstances mean we have to sell our much loved Nic 31. She has safely sailed us all the way from England, down into the Mediterranean, across the Atlantic, up through the Caribbean and Bahamas.
This robust and comfortable ocean cruiser is absolutely turn-key with everything included! Spares, tools, safety equipment.ENGINE
- Yanmar 2QM20 Diesel Engine 22hp - no problems at all;
- Yanmar engine spares - impellers, thermostat, belts etc;
- Volvo dripless shaft seal (2016) plus spare;
It is the original 1977 engine so we don't know the engine hours.ACCOMMODATION
- Head room 6ft approximately;
- V berth fore cabin (converts to double);
- 2 saloon berths with lee cloths (2016) Quarter berth behind chart table;
- Headlining (renewed 2016);
- Saloon woodwork refurbished (2016) Excellent storage throughout;
- Opposite the galley is the full size chart table and starboard aft quarter berth;
- Secure battery stowage beneath chart table seat. opening hatches to forecabin and saloon;
- New LED lights throughout cabin;
- Salon Fan;
- Both acrylic and wooden washboards for companionway;
- Side windows are tuffglass non crazing and very tough completely refurbished 2016 - leak free;
- 3 Dorade vents.
- 2 Lewmar 40 self-tailing winches in cockpit;
- 2 Lewmar 16 (one self-tailing for reefing the genoa & one on the mast);
- 1 Lewmar 8 (on the mast);
- All winches regularly serviced;
- Sprayhood (re-stitched 2016 in good condition with clear forward facing panels) Swim ladder lalizas stainless steel with discreet deck fittings;
- Teak grab handles on coach roof forward;
- Large cockpit locker with self-draining gas locker and spare bottle holder inside;
- Pulpit and Push Pit – Stainless Steel;
- Cockpit drains well through sensible scuppers;
- Stanchions and guard wires stainless;
- Fenders and warps in good condition and enough to satisfy marina mooring;
- Hatches re glazed in acrylic 2016, re-bedded and resealed no crazing and no leaks.
SAILS & RIGGING
- 16kg Kobra anchor and 50m of 10mm chain + 30m of quadplait rope;
- 17kg CQR spare anchor;
- 8 kg grapnel for dinghy;
- 15m of 8mm chain for kedge or backup.
MACHINERY & ELECTRICS
- 2016 Standing rigging;
- Z Spars keel stepped mast with mainsail furling (Can also be used with traditional slab reefing sail.) - Z Spars Boom;
- Easykick - solid Vang (as well as traditional cunningham);
- Profurl furling for genoa;
- Inner forestay;
- Crusader main sail, genoa & triple-stitch storm sail (all in good condition) Crusader cruising chute in sock, great condition;
- Cutter jib can be used on inner forestay;
- Spinnaker pole (stored against mast);
- All running rigging in good condition.
- Yanmar 2QM20 Diesel Engine 22hp - no problems at all. Yanmar engine spares - impellers, thermostat, belts etc Volvo dripless shaft seal (2016) plus spare. It is the original 1977 engine so we don't know the engine hours;
- Walker Bay 8ft dingy with wooden oars, fenders & anchor;
- Seago inflatable dingy 2.3m with oars, pump and repair kit. ok condition;
- Suzuki Dt 2.2hp outboard engine in good order;
- 2 220ah Lucas AGM Deep Cycle Batteries (new 2016) in excellent condition;
- 2 Solar Panels 100w (2016);
- Solar Charger - Victron Energy Blue Solar MPPt 75/15 (2016);
- Battery Charger - ProNauctic (same as sterling) 40amp battery charger (2016);
- Windlass - Simpson Lawrence S-l Highspeed (2016 gypsy upgraded for 10mm chain);
- New switch panel, electric buses and lots of new wiring (2016);
- LED lights throughout cabin (2016);
- LED Navigation lights (2016) Deck light;
- DSC VHF Icom IC-M323 (new 2016);
- Garmin GPSmap 4008 8 inch Chartplotter excellent condition;
- Secondary GPS Garmin GPS-65 (old);
- Many Garmin charts including Med, Caribbean and Americas - (negotiable);
- Handheld VHF Standard Horizon HX280E (2016) with charger and battery in excellent condition;
- Stowe Wind, Depth & Speed (working but could use an update ) Navico DS200 backup depth display above chart table;
- AIS Receiver (2016);
- Navtex (2016);
- Autohelm 2000 electric autohelm with wind sensor - older, but works great;
- Sony CD player with USB & bluetooth (2016);
- External waterproof speakers (2016) Internal Speakers;
- Eberspacher D2 cabin heater with ducting throughout the vessel;
- Both manual and pressurised water from main tank;
- Instant hot or cold water pressurised water to cockpit shower, heads basin and shower and galley sink;
- Taylor 043 - 2 burner gas cooker with oven & grill (suitable for both butane or propane);
- Fridge - Waeco Portable Fridge - CDF-18 (2016 );
- Gas water heater - Paloma. Feeds pressurised hot water to cockpit shower, heads and galley large well-insulated built-in cool box;
- In the saloon there is a large fold-out teak dining table.