'Berkana', a Valiant 40 for Sale
by Jim Lavers
(Duncan, BC, Canada)
VALIANT 40 'BERKANA'
Built Bellingham 1976
Canadian Registered Vessel
- Hull Type: Fin keel and skeg-hung rudder;
- Hull Material: GRP (Fiberglass);
- Length Overall: 39'10" / 10.90m;
- Waterline Length: 34'0" / 10.36m;
- Beam: 12'4" / 3.76m;
- Draft: 6'0" / 1.83m;
- Rig Type: Cutter;
- Displacement: 22,500lb / 10,206kg;
- Sail-Area/Displacement Ratio: 15.5;
- Displacement/Length Ratio: 256;
- Designer: Bob Perry.
- 140% Genoa;
- 110% Genoa;
- Storm Jib;
- 2 X Asymmetric Cruising Chutes;
- Spinnaker Pole;
- Reaching Strut;
- Hyfield Type Release Lever on Staysail Stay.
- 2 x Primary Two Speed Barients;
- 2 x Secondary Two Speed Barients;
- 2 x Barient Two Speed Halyard/Mainsail sheet trim;
- 2 x #10 Reefing.
- Perkins 4108 Diesel (rebuilt 2008);
- Tach, Ammeter, Temperature instruments;
- High Output Balmar alternator;
- Xantrex Digital alternator Regulator;
- Link 10 battery Monitor;
- 1200 Watt Xantrex Inverter;
- 6 x 6Volt house batteries 705 AH – (New 2020);
- 1 x 12V Starting Battery;
- 3 Blade KIWI feathering propeller;
- 1 x 12V Winch/Head Pump Battery.
Navigation & Electronics:
- Water Heater 110V;
- Pressure Fresh Water;
- Manual fresh water;
- Saltwater footpump;
- Large Reefer with Deep freeze and fridge - 12V;
- 4 Burner Propane Stove with oven ( 12V solenoid shutoff);
- 2 x 20 lb propane tanks;
- 2 x Fire extinguishers.
- FabAll Diesel Heater with SS Stack.
- Amec AIS tx/rx with built in GPS;
- Garmin 76 Backup GPS;
- 120 Watt Inverter;
- Icom DSC VHF Radio;
- Computer Monitor;
- SGC 2000 Ham/SSB Radio;
- Electronic Barometer 7day/1day;
- Furuno Radar 1632;
- 12V AM/FM radio + CD player;
- 2 X Cogema Solar Panels on top of dodger. (5 amps);
- HP laptop running Navigation Systems (Opencpn) with BC and American West Coast charts;
- Monitor wind vane. (Spare Wind Sensor Blades);
- CPT Autopilot;
- Spare Knotmeter/Temperature sensor (Installed to instruments but no terminals).
Dinghy & Outboard
- 45lb CQR style Primary Anchor with 380ft 5/16 high stress Chain;
- 20KG Bruce anchor with 22ft 3/8 chain and 270 ft ½inch 3 Ply Nylon rode;
- 12 Volt Electric Anchor Winch ( Quick Release Handle).
- 10.5 ft Nested dinghy on deck (Cameleon by Danny Green);
- 2.5 HP Yamaha 4 Stroke kicker.
- Rigged Headsail halyard;
- Rigged Main halyard;
- SS Backstay;
- SS Forestay;
- Galvanized wire for emergency standing rigging;
- Many more spares.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jul 11, 20 01:24 PM
Sailing the Catana 401 shows her to be very fast with frank accelerations. She is easy to handle, both under sail and with motors. The gentle steering
Jul 11, 20 11:09 AM
No monohulls here, just a list of catamaran sailboats for sale privately by their owners - and buyers won't pay brokerage fees either!
Jul 11, 20 10:40 AM
LAGOON 440, 2010 Description 4 cabins, 4 heads configuration; Rainman watermaker, 32 GPH; 800 litters fresh water tanks; Washing machine; BBQ; Stove and