'Coconut', a Contest 41S For Sale
We are considering selling our dear 'Coconut'. She has taken us on many adventures in Europe as well as across the Atlantic and the Pacific. 'Coconut'
is a 1985 Contest 41 sloop and has been continuously upgraded and maintained. All works onboard by professionals. The last ten years she has been maintained and stored inside in Sweden at the yard that builds Sweden Yachts and Malø.DimensionsLOA: 12.50 m;
Beam: 3.85 m;
Maximum Draft: 1.80 m (wing keel).Engines
- Engine Brand: Yanmar;
- Engine Model: 4 JH 4E;
- Engine Type: Inboard;
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel;
- Engine Hours: 1352;
- Propeller: 3 blade propeller;
- Drive Type: Shaft Drive;
- Engine Power: 55 HP.
- Fresh Water Tanks: (800 Litres);
- Fuel Tanks: (350 Litres).
- Number of single berths: 3;
- Number of double berths: 2;
- Number of heads: 2;
- Number of bathrooms: 2.
- Wind speed and direction;
- Autopilot - Raymarine;
- CD player;
- Furling genoa;
- Fully battened mainsail.
- Steering wheel;
- Electric winch;
- Spinnaker pole.
- Electric bilge pump;
- Battery charger;
- Hot water;
- Manual bilge pump;
- Oven - 2 burner hob with oven and grill;
- Marine head.
- Shore power inlet;
- Teak sidedecks;
- Cockpit cushions;
- Cockpit table;
- Outboard engine brackets;
- Teak cockpit;
- Radar reflector;
- Swimming ladder.
- Bimini Top;
- Cockpit cover;
- Spray hood.
She has a Doyle Durasail genoa. A large multipurpose sail. A well-used sail.
She has a mainsail that’s only a few years old and a lovely sail.
There is a hi-cut jib for use in the tropics. Its an older sail but used lightly.
There is an inner forestay for her in storage.
I also have running backstays for her. We used that to bulletproof the rig for heavy winds.
She has been continuously upgraded over the years with e.g. new engine (2005) new teak decks (2011) new floorboards (2012) New lithium batteries (2017) and much more. See below for a recent list of upgrade work done:
- 2004 New Harken 55St electric winches;
- New cushions inside and mattresses;
- New steering pedestal and service of the steering linkage;
- Rudder bearings changed;
- 2005 New Yanmar 55 4JH4E, new shaft, bearings;
- New Variofold 3 blade propellor;
- New fridge compressor;
- New boiler;
- Diesel tank restored;
- 2006 New Sun awning - Antigua Sails;
- All work from 2009 by CR Yachts the builders of Sweden Yachts, Regina and CR. Boat stored inside;
- 2012 New teak deck;
- New deck hatches in GRP;
- New cockpit cushions;
- New Sprayhood;
- Machine rubbing and polish of all GRP;
- New Cockpit tent;
- 2013 New Selden headsail furler;
- New Raymarine i50 depth and i50 Speed;
- New Raymarine sailing instruments i60 and i70;
- New RaymarineGPS/ Chartplotter (e7);
- New Raymarine HD Color radar;
- New floorboards;
- 2014 New countertops in galley and in the heads;
- New diesel meter;
- Service steering system;
- Clean tanks;
- 2015 New Lundh fully batten mainsail;
- New Selden batcar system;
- 2016 New back stay;
- New Selden vang;
- 2017 New inflatable dinghy;
- New outboard engine;
- New MAkspower Lithium Ion batteries with charger;
- 2018 Full service of liferaft by Viking;
- New Ocean Signal EPIRB 1;
- New Battery monitor (BMS);
- Keel sandblasted and faired. Epoxy treated;
- Keel and hull joint cleaned, and filled with Sikaflex;
- New galvanic isolator on shore power.
'Coconut' is Norwegian flagged and VAT paid.