'Crush-n-Brew', a Hunter 31 Sailboat for Sale
by Larry D
(San Diego, CA, USA)
We have owned our Hunter 31 'Crush-n-Brew' for over 3 years and my wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed her!
When we were looking for a sailboat, we wanted something that was easy to sail yet capable of getting us into the open waters of the Pacific off San Diego Bay. This Hunter 31 fit the bill perfectly and really hooked us on the sailing gig, to the point that we are looking to take a step up on the sailboat food chain. We truly hate to let her go but will always remember the great sailing experiences she has provided over the years.
'Crush-n-Brew' is in very nice condition, has been well maintained, and is ready to sail. She has a special layout below with headroom of 6' 3" (very comfortable to move around in), an enclosed head forward, a galley with fridge (we have the stove/oven that originally occupied this space), and plenty of storage. The portside features a sette and full navigation station with chart table. Shore power with new hot water heater. The Yanmar 2GMF diesel engine provides plenty of dependable power.
This model Hunter has a very comfortable interior that can be enjoyed as a weekender or liveaboard. The design successfully combines this comfort with a very capable cruiser with responsive handling characteristics while under sail and the cockpit layout allows for ease of single-handed sailing. This is a solid, well-built boat that will provide years of enjoyment for the new owner.
- Harken roller furling;
- B&R rig with double-swept back spreaders;
- 130% Doyle genoa;
- North mainsail;
- Doyle spinnaker with pole.
- Yanmar 2GMF fresh water-cooled diesel engine;
- Fuel: Diesel with 18 gallon tank;
- Water: 33 gallon freshwater tank;
- Grey water: 20 gallon tank;
- Jabs 29090-3000 marine manual twist and lock toilet;
- Rule 20F Marine Rule Square Marine bilge pump (800-GPH, 12V);
- Sea Choice claw anchor 22b - 300’ of rode and chain.
- Man overboard;
- Portable waterproof VHF radio;
- Life jackets.
- 2 new house batteries;
- 1 starter battery;
- Semi-flexible 135 watt solar panel (High Efficiency Sunpower Marine);
- Genasun 10.5 A MPPT charge controller;
- Lawrence Link-8 VHF (new Feb 2015);
- Manta 6 VHF marine antenna with bracket (new Feb 2015);
- Kenwood KDC-BT558U CD receiver with built in Bluetooth;
- Yamaha NS-AW150WH 2-way speakers (new Feb 2015);
- Garmin Chartplotter GPSmap;
- Davis AV antenna mounted Wind Vane-15 inch (new Feb 2015)
- Depth finder;
- 1000 W power inverter;
- Autohelm autopilot;
- Battery charger.
*Cockpit Bimini provides nice shade and cool comfort when needed;
*Canvas in good condition;
*Exterior teak recently refinished;
*Interior teak in very nice condition;
*Coast Guard registered vessel.'Crush-n-Brew'
is located on Shelter Island, CA.
Please call or text with any questions.
I have many more pictures I can send.