'Fairwind', a Noray 43 Sailboat for sale
by Frank Jacobs
'Fairwind' , a Noray 43, is a bluewater sailing boat that was build in 1981 to a high standard at the time.
The building yard was located in Astillero Delapanta in Spain. The hull is the same shape as the Swan sailing boat.
'Fairwind' has serial number one and was presented at the boat show in 1981. They made also the Noray 38 and 1 Noray 54.
- LOA - 43';
- LWL - 34';
- Beam - 12,66';
- draft - 7,66';
- Air draft - 63,3';
- Sail area - 1080 square feet;
- Displacement - 21,000 pounds;
- Ballast - 8,000 pounds (lead keel with polyester covering);
- 18 mm teak deck.
- Fuel - 2 x 33 gallons;
- Water - 2 x 105 gallons.
- Engine: Ford 2,300 cc 4 cilinder (reachable by removing entrance steps);
- Fuel type - diesel;
- Marinised intercooling system;
- Horsepower - 75;
- propeller - 3 blade;
- Drive - Volvo Penta sail drive type S 110 (reachable by removing cover under sink);
- (1) Starter battery 100 Ah;
- (1) Deep cycle house battery 100 Ah.
- 12V system (engine and internal circuit separated): no trace of corrosion) fully secured;
- automatic battery charger;
- sensors in cabin: water / fuel / battery 1 / battery 2 / load current / alarm / running hours;
- sensors in cockpit : cooling heat / charging light.
- manual bilge pump above deck;
- automatic electrical bilge pump below deck;
- radar reflector in mast;
- first aid kit;
- flares in wateright container;
- electrical anchor winch + 60 pound Bruce anchor + 200 ft chain;
- life raft on deck;
- sailor marifoon with speaker below and above deck.
- 3 pit gaz stove with oven;
- double molded sink in kitchen area;
- H/C pressurized water with 5,3 gallon boiler (heats on 220V + engine cooling system);
- Webasto air heating system;
- many storage lockers above saloon + under seats;
- refrigerator with freezer.
- 3 sleeping cabins (1 double + 1 bunk bed + 1 normal bed) : length 6,66' with wardrobe;
- 2 toilets with shower and sink + mirror and lockers + H/C water pressurised system;
- deck shower;
- in cockpit banks 3 big storage areas.
- mainsail 315 square feet;
- furling genua 585 square feet;
- high aspect fock 190 square feet on removable forestay;
- 2 x 11,5 genoa boom;
- spinnaker 900 square feet;
- rigging 10 mm stainless steel wire + 2 extra removable backstays 6mm;
- hydraulic backstay tensioner;
- 10 winches (3 self-tailing and the other with holding clamps);
- cockpit steering wheel.
- wind speed;
- wind direction;
- close hauled;
- speed log;
- depth log;
- water temperature;
- chart navigator;
- wheel steering autopilot (partly installed) + 1 heavy duty autopilot sharp.