'Firefly', a CSY 44 Walkover for Sale
'Firefly' is a CSY 44 walkover (1979), fully fitted for bluewater cruising. She’s had many upgrades and with a few personal touches, she’s ready to be yours!
CSYs are famous for being tough and having lots of storage options. So, if you’re looking for a reasonably priced cruising boat, with systems that are easy and straightforward to maintain, and that will keep you safe in heavy weather, definitely check out 'Firefly'.
Conveniently located in San Diego, she’s ready to head south, or be the perfect live-aboard sailboat!Dimensions & Specifications
- LOA: 44'0";
- Beam: 13'3";
- Maximum Draft: 6'6";
- Displacement: 38,000 lbs;
- Hull: Fin keel, with skeg-hung rudder
- Builder: Caribbean Sailing Yachts (CSY), Hamlin & Schmitt.
- Brand: Perkins;
- Year Built: 1983;
- Engine Model: 4-154;
- Engine Type: Inboard;
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel;
- Horsepower: 60hp;
- Engine Hours: 3,000;
- Drive Type: Direct Drive.
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2 fiberglass (400 Gallons);
- Fuel Tanks: 2 stainless steel (100 Gallons);
- Holding Tanks: 2 (40 gal).
- Number of single berths: 1;
- Number of double berths: 3;
- Number of cabins: 2;
- Number of heads: 2.
- Powered by single Perkins freshwater cooled 4-164 4-cylinder 60 hp diesel;
- Engine hours estimated to be 2500 based on old survey and current reading on meters;
- New prop shaft, 7/12;
- New PSS dripless shaft seal, 7/12;
- 3-blade propeller;
- Edson mechanical steering, new cables 2013;
- 120-amp alternator, new 2015;
- Racor and Fram primary and secondary fuel filters;
- Radar arch and davits (2013);
- Rebuilt transmission (2016);
- New cutlass bearing (2016).
- Cutter, with staysail;
- Roller furling headsail;
- Mainsail with battens;
- Custom lazy jacks and sail cradle ;
- Asymetrical spinnaker;
- Extra staysail.
- Batteries: Trojan J200 RE (new 11/17) with easy-fill system, dedicated windlass battery;
- Xantrex Prosine 3000 inverter, 100amp charger;
- 110v AC 30-amp shorepower, 2 50-foot cords;
- 3 x 175w BP solar panels;
- CPT Autopilot (2013), Seapilot (back up);
- Furuno VX2 NavNet chartplotter/GPS 36 mile radar with 10" display;
- Furuno LS-4100 depthfinder/fishfinder;
- Standard Horizon GX2150 Matrix AIS VHF radio, with RAM mic;
- Furuno FS-1502 SSB radio with automatic tuner.
Anchor and deck gear
- 12vDC Nova Kool R58 upright refrigerator;
- 12vDC Nova Kool upright freezer;
- Force 10 3-burner stove/oven, 2 x 5gal propane tanks;
- Alpine CDE9852 AM-FM and CD player, w/Ipod input;
- 8-gallon water heater by AC and engine;
- Hot and cold pressure water to both heads and galley;
- Portable icemaker;
- Microwave oven;
- Dynex TV w/DVD player;
- LED lighting throughout vessel, including anchor and nav lights 2013.
- Custom SS bow roller;
- SS Bow Pulpit;
- Maxwell HWC 2200 windlass at bow;
- 60# CQR primary anchor on 325" of 3/8 G# chain;
- secondary anchor, with 275' of 3/8 G# chain;
- Dodger forward and side window covers;
- Lewmar ST winches;
- 5" steering compass at helm station;
- Magma propane BBQ;
- Swim boarding ladder;
- Magma deck-mounted rack;
- Large cockpit lockers & lazarette for storage;
- Liferaft (needs recertification).
- 2 Jabsco Quiet-Flush marine heads w/holding tanks, fresh water plumbed;
- Full showers in both aft and forward heads;
- Y-valve overboard;
- Two fiberglass water tanks (200 gal each);
- Bronze ball valves/seacocks throughout.
Maintenance & Upgrades summary
- Teak & holly sole;
- Main salon: 12 opening ports, 5 opening hatches;
- Entry to main salon is through forward companionway from main cockpit;
- Salon includes custom-made table, long galley, pull-out double berth and pilot berth;
- CSY is famous for their ample storage lockers and drawers;
- Forward head area includes toilet, separate shower, and more storage;
- Forward of head and shower is forward cabin with double vee-berth and hanging lockers;
- Aft cabin: 7 opening ports, 2 opening hatches;
- Entry to aft cabin is through aft companionway from main cockpit;
- Aft cabin includes huge queen-sized+ berth, with drawers and hanging lockers;
- Aft cabin has navigation station, chartplotter/radar, VHF radio, SSB radio;
- Aft head area includes toilet, shower and ample storage.
- 7/12: replaced all thru-hulls and backing plates, ball valves serviced;
- 7/12: new prop shaft, PSS dripless shaft seal;
- 9/12: new custom exterior chainplates;
- 9/12: new running rigging;
- 10/12: rebedded deck prism;
- 4/13: Replaced rear main seal on motor;
- 2014: replaced engine exhaust elbow;
- 11/14: raw water pump rebuilt (bearings, seals, impeller);
- 11/16: New transmission, new cutlass bearing, rebuilt diesel injectors and seals, completely replaced battery cables to motor and bank with Ancor Marine battery cable, new house battery bank (Trojan J200RE) and starter battery (lead acid), sea cocks serviced, bottom painted;
- 2018: shower sump pump replaced;
- Planned haul-out for bottom painting: 11/19.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jun 14, 21 03:18 AM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale...The Malo 50, a 37' Bluewater Cruiser
Jun 10, 21 12:24 PM
'WYRD' is a 1981 Tartan 37. This classic Sparkman & Stephens design performance cruiser, hull #309 is a clean example of one of the most desirable Tartan's
Jun 09, 21 01:19 PM
''Namaste'' is a 2001 Bavaria 40, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 'Namaste' is meticulously cared for by a German engineer and yachtsman.