'Footloose IV', a Lavranos 36 for sale
Designed by Angelo Lavranos and built in South Africa, 'Footloose IV' is a 1988 Lavranos 36 sailboat. Currently located at South Shore, Nova Scotia, Canada, 'Footloose IV' is an ideal bluewater cruising boat and was sailed from South Africa to Canada in 1988.General Lavranos 36 Specification:
Hull Type: Fin keel & skeg-hung rudder
Rigging Type: Sloop
Length Overall: 36'0"
Waterline Length: 29'0"
Construction: Solid Fiberglass (GRP) with cored fibreglass deck
First Built: 1977
Last Built: 1990
Number Built: 50 approximatelySpecific 'Footloose IV' Specification:
- Sails include fully battened main, 130% Genoa on profurl roller furling gear, staysail on inner forestay and storm jib all made by North Sails;
- Mast and Boom made by Bellamy in Cape Town;
- Rigging is stainless steel wire with CAP shrouds, intermediate shrouds, lower shrouds and inner forestay;
- Stainless steel wire running back stays with 4:1 purchase;
- Winches are all Lewmar self-tailing;
- Engine is BMW D35-2, 2 cylinder marine Diesel- propeller is bronze 3 blade 18” diameter with 9” pitch;
- Steering is wheel on Cobra Pedestal with direct linkage to rudder shaft - no quadrant or chain. Stainless steel emergency tiller fits to top of rudder shaft;
- Keel is semi full lead with iRobot’s deadwood - rudder is skeg mounted;
- Voyager windvane self-steering gear is combined with Raymarine tiller pilot;
- Primary anchor is 45lb CQR On 170feet of chain and 100feet of 3 strand nylon rhode - maxwell windlass with wireless remote control;
- Secondary anchor is 35lb CQR;
- 170 litre diesel fuel storage;
- 400 litre freshwater storage - 200 litres each on port and starboard sides;
- Shore power hookup with charger;
- Two ships batteries and dedicated engine start battery;
- Drop leaf table in saloon and cockpit table with cup holders;
- Large storage lockers on port and starboard sides of saloon;
- Berths are double quarter on port side, single quarter on starboard side, sea berths in saloon port and starboard with lee cloths, two additional berths in fore peak;
- Galley with 2 Burner propane stove, locker and drawers on port side;
- Navigation table on starboard side;
- Raymarine chartplotter;
- Dickinson propane cabin heater in saloon port side bulkhead.
'Footloose IV' has been well maintained and is sailed regularly every season.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Feb 28, 21 05:12 PM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale... Currently Located in San Diego,
Feb 28, 21 12:12 PM
Jormungandr is a 1978 Cruising Consultants Crealock 37 for sale. She's moored in a transferable liveaboard slip on Lake Union in Seattle - and priced to
Feb 27, 21 03:20 PM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale... 'About Time', a centreboard version