'Hakuna Matata', a Custom Built 65' Sailboat for Sale
by Roland Vandermeersch
(Hösel, Ratingen, Germany)
'Hakuna Matata' is a sailboat that allows you to sail both in the tropics and in Antarctica. You are completely autonomous. The ship is incredibly strong and can handle almost all weather conditions. Due to its structure - long keel - it is not a racer, but rather a comfortable ship, which does not hit the water (like many modern sailboats), but rather "soft" through the waves. Lies also calmly for anchor. Cruising speed 8 knots at 2200 rpm.
One previous owner, who made the ship to his own wishes. The first owner sold the ship for health reasons. I bought the sailing ship about 15 years ago and want to sell it now because of "advanced age".
1 GENERAL INFORMATION:
Year of construction: 1983
SLOOP CUSTOM BUILT at Vandewerf and Visser (Nl) in Aluminum. LONGKEEL. Wood constructions of Haquebo (Nl). Germanischer Lloyd approved.
Registered in Germany. VAT paid
Located in Puerto Calero, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain.
LOA: 20m; Length over deck: 17.50m; Height mast 22m, 5.05m wide, 2.40m draft,
length waterline: 14m10
Displacement Empty: 38 Ton; Ballast 14 tons of lead
Aluminum thickness is 2cm.
At the bottom of the deck is the aluminum insulated with PU foam against the heat / cold
2 ENGINE - TRANSMISSION:
Engine Mercedes (Schwarting) Turbo Diesel Type S-352 168pK; Engine compartment fully noise insulated.
Large engine room where one can stand up. Automatic Halon extinguishing system
Borg Warner gearbox hydraulic 2.91: 1
There are 3 waterproof compartments (theoretically, the ship is therefore unsinkable). First part in front, till the kitchen; second part engine room; then the back part of the ship.
All glass, except in the cockpit, is made of safety glass.
Profile rudder with ground protection
Life raft for 6 people
3 Automatic bilge pumps, one in each watertight compartment + big 240V electric pump
4 ENGINE COMPARTMENT:
You can stand up in the engine compartment.
4500 litres diesel in 2 tanks (aluminum) with bulkheads and a big manhole + 1 tank of 600 litres, which can easily be adapted as waste tank (at the moment not necessary in Lanzarote).
2 x 1000l water tanks in aluminum, with special coating on the inside.
U and L shaped sofas in the living room and in the kitchen, are in alcantara.
Inside, all the furniture is full teak. The parquet in the whole ship, inside, is made of oak. All wardrobes are heated.
Inside the ship, centrally located is a higher seating area of approximately 4m x 4m with table. To the right is a desk board. Cushions and seat covers are made of blue and green alcantara. All windows on the side of the ship are double glazed. Outside these windows, stainless steel plates can be applied so that windows cannot be pushed in a very heavy storm.
Three steps downstairs is in the kitchen, fully equipped with gas oven, microwave, 2 large fridges and 1 large freezer, 2 very deep stainless steel sinks. On the left is a dining area for up to 5 to 6 people.
Further to the front, on the left side is a toilet Rheinstrom with macerator, basin and a big shower.
Completely at the front are 2 separate sleeping rooms with 3 beds
At the back of the central seating area, 3 steps down, you have first a small room for tools and you go through a watertight door to the engine compartment.
At the back of the ship is the master cabin (double bed) with further a fixed toilet Rheinstrom with macerator, washing machine, showers and a small sitting bath.
6 COCKPIT OUTSIDE:
The cockpit outside (about 3m x 3m) is fully covered with a wooden, covered with polyester, roof (no sprayhood) with a big sitting area and a folding table.
The cockpit is completely shaded. Even in the hardest weather at sea, the cockpit stays dry. The cockpit can also be completely closed to the windward side with clear thick plastic (both sides and back), so that you can be completely protected from the wind, coming from whichever side).
Outside in front is a large storage room with the diving compressor and spare ropes. At the rear, there is a very large storage space that, years ago, was used to storage even a Honda Dax.
7 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:
Electrical System: 12V / 24V / 240V
8 x 180aH batteries (total 1.440 Amp) + 1 starter batterie for the engine 180ah + Inverter 3000W.
Generator Westerbeke Diesel: 15KVA at 1500rpm. Land Connection 2 x 5000W.
Oven/ Grill/ Microwave / Coffee Machine Nespresso / Gas oven “Alpes-Inox Super” with 4 fires/ Extractor hood.
2 fridges + 1 freezer (3 compressors). Total 300 litres.
8 MISCELLANEOUS APPARATUS:
A - Sailing Equipment:
- Lewmar winches 2 speed 2 x 65; 2 x 52; 2 x 46; 1 x 40; 1 x 30;
- Sails: Genoa 230,8m², Stormfok 56,3m² Main Sail 124.5m² are about 10 years old;
- Mainsail is hydraulic in mast furling (Bamar). Genoa is operated with the electric winches. Stormfok idem. All sails can be operated from the cockpit by 1 person;
- The classic instruments: 2 radars (1 FURONO radar / plotter GPS, waypoint, overlay, color), 2 steering wheel controls (inside and outside); autopilot Autohelm 6000, GPS, 2 depth gauges, front view sonar, ARC radio with EPIRB;
- UKW Sailor, Icom SSB, Fastnet Radio Marine Decoder, Furono Weather Cards Writer
B - Dinghy/RIB:
- RIB Zodiac Pro7MAN 2009 4m20 with solid bottom with outboard engine Tohatsu 50HP. Second outboard engine Tohatsu 40pK;
- Small dinghy without fixed bottom 3m with 5HP outboard engine;
- Davits electric till 250kg
C - Music:
- Inside Bose Surround music system with 5 boxes and subwoofer;
- Second Music System in the cockpit;
- LCD TV + DVD player
D - Anchors:
- Anchor front stainless steel 60kg with 100m stainless steel chain. Lofrans Titan Winch 2000W;
- Anchor rear 60kg with 50m stainless steel chain. Winch 1500W;
E - Heating / Air conditioning:
- New Air-conditioning system (2016) Marix (Holland);
- New (2015) Eberspächer heating system with diesel, via hot water and radiators
F - Divers:
- Bow thruster: 20HP Sidepower 24 / 48V SP285 TCi (2011);
- 2 x 11kg gas bottles for the kitchen;
- Gangway Almar hydraulic + gangway manual;
- Stainless steel ladder at the back to go into the water + Second ladder to hang on the side;
- Water Maker Sea Recovery 2000 litres/day;
- Compressor for filling self-contained diving bottles;
- Sidebar: Automatic filling of glasses with 5 different alcohol types
In 2001, a complete refit has been done with many new instruments, new sails and has been fully repainted and new antifouling. We started a new refit from 2013. Meanwhile, a larger and heavier (20pK) bow thruster has been fitted, and the front stow room, the full engine compartment and rear storage room has been completely repainted.
What still has to be done is: new teak and re-painting the ship.
Antifouling has been new for 2 years. (The last time the antifouling has lasted 10 years, is special for commercial boats).
Between 1998 and 2007, we were sometimes 6 months a year (divided into different periods) on the boat. Our sailing experience is limited to the Canary Islands; Portugal and South Spain and the Cabo Verde Islands.
The last 10 years, we are more in Mallorca, in a finca; that means that, the last 10 years, we are only 6 weeks to 2 months on the 'Hakuna Matata'
. This is why we would sell the boat (I am already 71 years old).10 PRICE AND CONTACT:
FIXED price in the condition, the ship is now:
€420,000 Now reduced to US$325,000
(free of VAT), without new teak and not repainted.
PRIVATE SALE without the intermediary of a broker.
I speak Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish.