'Heymede', a Westerly Discus 33 for Sale
by David Corner
(Grenada, West Indies)
'Heymede', our Westerly Discus 33 is for Sale!
U.K Tax paid;
Ready to sail away;
Boat name: 'Heymede';
Bilge (twin) keels.
- Icom VHF Radio;
- Raymarine, C120 MFD;
- Raymarine 2KW Radar;
- Raymarine Depth, speed & Wind instruments;
- Raymarine AIS receiver;
- Raymarine Autopilot (12 volt type 1 linear ram).
Rig & Sails:
- 240v shore power;
- 250 Wt solar;
- Rutland 913 wind gen;
- 240V inverter;
- LED lighting throughout;
- 1 x engine battery (New on sale of boat);
- 2 x domestic batteries (New on sale of boat).
- Sloop Rigged;
- 7mm wire Standing Rigging;
- Slab reefed Mainsail;
- Roller Furling Genoa 120%;
- Second Furling Genoa (approx) 85%;
- Cruising chute in snuffer bag;
- 2 x Lewmar 44 self tailing Genoa sheet winches.
- Mercedes OM636 42HP;
- 17x11 inch fixed blade propeller;
- 16x10 inch feathering;
- We use the larger fixed blade propeller when motor sailing and fit the feathering;
propeller for long distance sailing.
- Main anchor Manson on 200 ft 8mm chain;
- Second anchor Danforth on 20 ft 8mm chain and 100 ft 18mm nylon rope;
- Third anchor Fortress (FX16) on 20 ft 8mm chain and 100 ft 18mm nylon rope;
- Lofrans Windlass;
- Binnacle Compass;
- Swim ladder;
- Dinghy 8'6" fiberglass hull.
- 2 ring gas stove with oven and grill;
- 12 volt fridge;
- Stainless steel sink;
- Stainless steel saucepans, plates & cutlery.
- Diesel 160 Ltr;
- Fresh water 200 Ltr.
- Sleeps 7 ('Heymede' is suitable for a couple + 1 child, I would not sleep 7 people on this boat);
- 2 x forward cabin;
- 3 x saloon;
- 2 x rear cabin.
We have lived on 'Heymede'
for 10 years and sailed her from the U.K. to France, Portugal, Gibraltar, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, The Gambia & crossed the Atlantic to the Caribbean. 'Heymede'
is perfect for exploring shallow waters, tidal waters, the Bahamas or the Inter coastal waterway as she sits upright on the bilge keels.Disclaimer:I have written this listing to the best of my ability and taken great care in its preparation, however, the correctness of these particulars are not guaranteed. The particulars are intended only as a guide and they do not constitute a term of any contract. A prospective buyer is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at his/her own expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or have an engine trial conducted. This vessel is subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jan 17, 20 07:19 AM
Ocean Phoenix is a 1989 C&C 37R (Hull #11) designed as a racer/cruiser. Currently located in Barrington, Rhode Island, she has been in the water for
Jan 16, 20 06:12 PM
Currently located in Grenada, West Indies, Snowflake is a 1987 35 foot Richard Woods Flica F3 catamaran, production boat built by Palamos Boatbuild Ltd
Jan 16, 20 06:41 AM
This GibSea 37 Ketch is Fully Loaded for Liveaboard, and Ready to Set Sail! The boat is currently in Martinique, French West Indies. We have lots of