'Idylle 5', a 1989 Oceanis 500 for Sale
by Terry O'Keeffe
'Idylle 5', a 1989 Oceanis 500 currently lying Riposto, Sicily.
We bought Idylle 5 in Greece in 2015 and have been living aboard her since; she is now being offered for sale. This yacht is very easy to sail single-handed with everything neatly operated from the cockpit, and with her shallow draft wing keel can easily go where many fin keel boats of her size cannot. The deck layout is very clear and uncluttered making it easy to get around in all conditions.
'Idylle 5' is comfortably setup as a liveaboard sailboat with the front two cabins converted to a single master owners’ cabin with an island bed and two double aft guest cabins. The large salon seats 8 round the dinner table with great light and very comfortable seats.
The aft starboard heads have the toilet removed and is now the laundry with a 7kg Westinghouse top loading frontload (barrel) washing machine. The forward crew quarters are currently used as a sail and storage locker.
Beneteau Oceanis 500 Specification
Inventory List as of March 2019
- Hull Type: Wing Keel;
- Rigging Type: Masthead Sloop;
- LOA: 50.25 ft / 15.32 m;
- LWL: 44.50 ft / 13.56 m;
- Beam: 15.58 ft / 4.75 m;
- Sail Area: 1,115.00 ft2 / 103.59 m2;
- Draft: 5.92 ft / 1.80 m;
- Displacement: 30,700 lb / 13,925 kg;
- Ballast: 10,800 lb / 4,899 kg;
- Sail Area/Displacement Ratio: 18.27;
- Ballast/Displacement Ratio: 35.18;
- Displacement/Length Ratio: 155.53;
- Water: 265 gals / 1,003 L;
- Fuel: 148 gals / 560 L;
- Construction: Fibreglass;
- Ballast Type: Iron;
- Built: 1989;
- Builder: Beneteau (France);
- Designer: Philippe Briand.
Rig and Sail Particulars
- Main Engine Perkins M92, 85Hp, Diesel New 2011, 351hrs;
- Batteries – 6 x 180 ah GEL House + 180 ah engine;
- Battery charger 100 amp;
- 4 x 150w 12V Solar Panels;
- 60Amp Solar Regulator;
- Electric windlass;
- Bow anchor with 100m chain + 32kg CQR (Spare);
- Stern anchor with 30m Chain +50m Rope.
- Mast Height from DWL: 63.25 ft / 19.28 m;
- Roller genoa, re-stitched 2018;
- Facnor Roller main. Sail new 2016, as new less than 40Hrs, old sail re-stitched still in good condition;
- Winch handles x 3;
- Echo sounder & speed log – Autohelm Tridata;
- Echo sounder & speed log – Raymarine Tridata ST60;
- Echo sounder – Raymarine ST60;
- Speed log – Raymarine ST60
Wind instrument – Raymarine ST60;
- Autopilot – Simrad Hydraulic Linear Drive HLD2000 MK2L;
- VHF – Raymarine DSC type;
- Compasses x 2;
- Sprayhood (2105);
- Bimini top with canvas (2015);
- Sun awning;
- Tender Lomac 2.8m Hard bottom Rib;
- Yamaha 4hp 4 stroke;
- Gas cooker with oven;
- 12V Electric fridges x 2;
- Water heater 220 and engine;
- Westinghouse Washing Machine (2015);
- Radio CD – Sony;
- Charts x Multiple Mediterranean;
- Nautical books x 6 Mediterranean;
- Various mooring lines;
- Shore Power cable 30 meters;
- Gas bottles x 4;
- Water hose 2 x 30m.
Everything else on the boat is as is where is for a liveaboard boat, ie crockery, cutlery, pots & pans, galley appliances etc, along with various electric and hand tools & spare parts.Safety Equipment
- Manual pumps x 2;
- Electric Bilge pumps x 2;
- Emergency tiller;
- Horseshoe lifebuoys x 2;
- Lifejackets x 6;
- Liferaft, 12 person;
- Pyrotechnics (probably expired);
- Fenders x 8;
- Fire extinguishers x 5;
- Life harnesses x 8.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jun 22, 19 04:00 PM
There are plenty of saltwater trolling lures that just won't get the job done. To keep the crew well fed on passage, use these proven fish-catchers...
Jun 21, 19 02:23 AM
If you're a sailboat cruiser you'll find lots to interest you here. Best of all, it's free and delivered each month straight to your inbox...
Jun 20, 19 08:22 AM
'Tehani-Li' has just finished a circumnavigation and is ready to go again. A Tayana 52 aft cockpit version, build in Taiwan, she is one of Robert Perry's