‘Jerrican’, a Dix 43’ Pilothouse Sailboat for Sale
Knysna Lagoon, South Africa
'Jerrican' carried us safely through the southern Indian Ocean and was supposed to take us to Patagonia and further; but plans change when we least expect them to and now she must go to someone who can sail her off the beaten track in the higher latitudes for which she is designed!
Design: Dudley Dix 43’ Pilothouse
Builder: Drakkar Marine, Somerset West
Keel: 3/4 full keel with integral tanks
Displacement: 13.2 tons
Launched: December 2013Construction:
- Hull and deck are steel. Hull was constructed using the radius chine method giving a remarkably fair finish;
- Hard spray dodger was designed by Dudley Dix and constructed in aluminium;
- All deck and dodger glass is toughened and laminated;
- Keel is integral part of the construction and contains 4 tonnes of lead ballast;
- Hull was purchased as partially complete by current owner and completed by Drakkar Marine of Somerset West. She was launched in December 2013.
- Sparcraft two-spreader mast, boom and spinnaker pole. Trysail track fitted;
- Twin forestays and inner forestay for staysail. Profurl furler fitted to aft forestay;
- Twin backstays;
- Running backstays are dyneema.
- All sails by Ullman, Cape Town;
- Mainsail with 3 reefing points. 3rd reef is very deep for +40 knot conditions. Low friction rings fitted to leech and extra long reefing points to luff;
- Yankee cut foresail in heavier than normal specified cloth;
- Similar cut and sized headsail on hanks for downwind passage making;
- Staysail on hanks that can be reefed to storm jib size. (Not yet required despite 70+ knots).
- Vetus VH 4.65, hydraulic gearbox coupled to Brunton Autoprop.
- 70 ltr diesel day tank;
- 500 ltr main diesel tank in keel with Jabsco transfer pump;
- 500 ltr fresh water tank in keel.
- B & G wind, speed and depth;
- Garmin 521s chartplotter at wheel;
- Digital Yacht AIT2000 AIS transponder;
- Uniden UM380 VHF;
- Apple MacMini computer with Open CPN;
- All the above linked via NMEA 2000/0183 backbone;
- Standard Horizon HX290 Handheld VHF;
- Ocean Signal EPIRB;
- 4 x S20 Personal AIS MOB beacons.
- Sea-Safe 10 man liferaft serviced November 2017;
- All current safety equipment required for SAMSA LGSC Cat A.
- Quick Hector 1500w 12v windlass;
- 1 x 40kg Rocna anchor on 100m G70 8mm chain;
- 1 x 15kg Fortress anchor;
- Additional 50m x G70 8mm chain.
- 12v system powered off 4 x 105 a/h deep cycle batteries;
- Separate starter battery;
- 280w solar panels mounted on solar arch;
- 210 amp Balmar high output alternator;
- Spare 80 amp Vetus alternator;
- Victron Energy Phoenix 12|1200 Pure Sinewave inverter;
- Victron Energy BlueSolar charge controller 100|30;
- Spectra 200T 12v watermaker;
- Galvanic isolator;
- 220v outlets in saloon, galley and workshop area run from shore power or inverter;
- USB and 12v outlets at chart table and companionway;
- All interior, anchor and navigation lights are LED.
- Isotherm drawer type refrigerator;
- Isotherm 40ltr water heater run from shore power or engine calorifier;
- Pressurized hot and cold water to heads and galley;
- Cold water shower on transom.
- 2 x double berth cabins;
- Fore cabin with 2 single berths;
- Saloon seating for 8;
- Chart table;
- Galley with Force 10, three burner + oven stove, in pilothouse saloon;
- Vetus gas alarm and solenoid;
- Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater;
- Additional insulated space wired for freezer, but not fitted as such yet;
- One head with custom composting toilet, shower and basin;
- One aft head with fitted bucket system and basin.
- 1 x 4.2m ARK Inflatables FishDuc dinghy with 15hp Yamaha outboard;
- 1 x 3.0m ARK Inflatables dinghy with Mariner 5hp outboard (condition of outboard not warranted);
- Windpilot Pacific wind vane self steering gear;
- Iridium Extreme Satellite phone with charging accessories;
- CMR extensive First Aid kit;
- Many engine spares and tools.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jul 20, 21 04:32 AM
Pelagic is a 1980 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 Yawl outfitted for cruising and living aboard. We are the second owners and cruised from SoCal to Mexico
Jul 20, 21 03:32 AM
''Namaste'' is a 2001 Bavaria 40, currently located in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. 'Namaste' is meticulously cared for by a German engineer and yachtsman.
Jul 19, 21 03:35 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!