'Kiwa', a Cavalier 39 Sailboat for Sale
She's a classically designed, fully outfitted, true bluewater cruiser.Engine
Built in New Zealand to handle the Southern Ocean, 'Kiwa' is ready to take you anywhere in the world. She is fully outfitted to sail around the world, with all systems required for self-sufficiency, and more electronics than you’ll ever need. Her interior and exterior wood was all completely refinished in early 2020 (note that pictures are original gloss finish; current finish is satin).
Only 1,330 hours on the Kubota 46hp engine. Monitor wind vane, 260 watts of solar, AIS, radar, multiple GPSes, roller furling, EPIRB, life raft, dinghy new in 2019, cockpit shower, etc. There is a tremendous amount of storage throughout, filled with too many spares to list. The navigation station is in the quarterberth, making for convenient access to instruments while on a passage. She sleeps 6 comfortably.
'Kiwa' is on the hard in Puerto Escondido, Baja California Sur, a short taxi ride from the airport in Loreto. She’s waiting for you, ready to explore the Gulf of California and then take off around the world.
Designer: Bob Salthouse
Builder: Export Yachts in NZ
Modified fin keel, skeg-hung rudder, fully enclosed propeller
Displacement: 18,000 lbs
Ballast: 7,500 lbs
Sail Area/Displacement: 18.5
Comfort Ratio: 35.2
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.7
Tanks and Plumbing
- 1330 h on 46-hp Kubota V2203 MEEUI engine. Freshwater rinse for exhaust plumbed in;
- 2-blade propeller;
- Spare 3-blade propeller.
- Freshwater: 110 gallons in 2 SS tanks;
- Fuel: 80 gallons in 2 SS tanks;
- 10-gal gravity holding tank;
- Pressure water at sink in galley and head.
- Raymarine ST4000 wheel autopilot;
- Raymarine ST1000+ tiller pilot for wind vane (2015)
- Raymarine ST800-P120 depth and speed transducers (2015);
- Vesper Marine Watchmate AIS transponder;
- Icom 710 SSB fitted with new tuner and backstay (2015);
- Onwa GPS chartplotter–access to free world charts (2018);
- Furuno GPS GP 32 (2015);
- Magellan handheld GPS;
- Furuno 1621 radar;
- Interphase Echoscan forward-facing sonar;
- VHF with embedded GPS and DSC Distress function (2016). Remote mic repeater in cockpit (2016);
- Standard Horizon HX210 handheld VHF (2020).
- Fully battened mainsail with 2 reefs, the second very deep for heavy weather (good condition);
- 120% jib with foam luff installed in 2015 (good condition);
- Staysail (excellent condition);
- Bimini (2015–like new);
- Dodger (very good condition);
- New sail covers (2019; spare main cover also in like-new condition);
- Binnacle cover (2019; spare in good condition).
- Wheel with quadrant-drive steering, steering cables and chain new in 2015;
- 2 Lewmar 40 two-speed primary winches;
- 2 Maxwell 26 two-speed spinnaker winches;
- 1 Maxwell 18 mainsheet winch;
- Spinnaker pole mounted on mast;
- Whisker pole;
- Inner forestay, adjustable running backs;
- Schaefer roller furler;
- Monitor wind vane (2015).
Safety Equipment and Ground Tackle
- 260 watts of solar mounted to bimini frame (2015 and 2016);
- Freedom Heart Interface inverter/charger;
- 30-A shore power inlet and cord;
- AC and DC outlets throughout;
- 4 golf cart batteries for house, 1 start battery;
- LED tricolor sailing and anchor light;
- 6 LED cabin lights (2015).
- Revere Offshore Commander 4-man life raft;
- McMurdo Smartfind 406 MHz CAT II EPIRB;
- ACR ResQLink+ Personal 406 MHz Locator Beacon;
- XINTEX propane detector;
- New bilge pump (2015) and float switch (2018);
- Emergency tiller;
- 5/16” chain (250’) and 20-kg Rocna anchor;
- Nilsson V700 windlass (2020);
- Spare 35-lb CQR anchor;
- Spare FX-23 Fortress anchor;
- 300’ of new 12-strand braided line.
- Novakool MEGI/00 refrigeration;
- Mariner marine propane 3-burner stove and oven
- Stainless steel double sinks and countertop;
- Pressure freshwater with carbon filter at sink.
- Zodiac Zoom 260 dinghy (2019);
- Rail-mount propane grill;
- Self-ascending bosun’s chair;
- Cockpit shower.