'Life is Good', an Amel Super Maramu 2000 for Sale
by Marina Burmaka
(Baltimore, Md, USA)
Scroll down for more pics...We have owned 'Life is Good', a 2002 Amel 53 Super Maramu 2000 (Hull #345) for six years. During that time, we have sailed her from Maryland to the Caribbean and back twice and from Maryland to Nova Scotia and back once.
She is fully equipped and ready-to-go for more bluewater sailing with her new owner.Specification:
Hull Type: Wing Keel & Full-Skeg Rudder
Rigging Type: Masthead Ketch
Length Overall: 52'6"
Waterline Length: 41'4"
Displacement: 35,274 lb
Ballast: 12,130 lb
Construction: GRP (Fibreglass)
Ballast Type: Iron
First Built: 1999
Last Built: 2005
Number Built: 241Mechanical
Yanmar 4JH3-HTE – 75 HP(5500hr)
Onan 7.5 KW generator (2100hr)
Turbo Diesel 24V & 12V alternators.
Dual Racor 500 fuel filter.
Folding Autoprop propeller.
Amel 10hp retractable bowthruster.
Amel transmission (U drive)Tankage
Fuel Tanks: 1 x 600 gal
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 x 1,000 gal
Holding tanks; 2Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 19.1
Comfort Ratio: 32.9
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.84Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here...Accommodation
Navigation & Communication Systems
- Air conditioning 3 units;
- Desalinator 220 V water maker;
- Electric flushing toilets;
- Aft cabin with double bed and dressing table;
- Passageway berth to starboard;
- Galley to port aft of saloon;
- Large forward cabin with double/2 single berths;
- 24 V fridge;
- 2 Deep-freezes/refregirators;
- Cold and hot water (engine and 220 V);
- Cockpit shower;
- ENO stainless steel stove. 2 burners;
- Electrolux washing machine;
- Corian galley surfaces.
- Raymarine GPS;
- Raymarine VHF;
- Raymarine autopilot direct to rudder stock ST 7000+ in the cockpit and remote autopilot at nav table;
- Raymarine depth sounder;
- Raymarine Hydra wind force/direction;
- Raymarine Radar;
- ICOM 802 SSB radio transceiver;
- ICOM at-140 automatic SSB antenna tuner;
- ICOM high output 24-volt to 12-volt transformer;
- ICOM 504 VHF radio transceiver and microphone - at the nav station;
- ICOM Command VHF handset controller.
Rig & Sails
- Lofrans electric windlass;
- Cockpit remote control;
- 2 anchors;
- Gangway ladder;
- Sun cover;
- Main, Mizzen, Genoa & Jib (2010);
- Genoa and Main recut 2010;
- Stainless steel standing rigging (2014);
- Electric roller furling mainsail;
- In-mast furling mizzen;
- Mizzen staysail;
- 2 X Amel poles for ballooner;
- Adjustable sheet travellers for genoa and mainsail;
- Electric winches;
- All self-tailing winches.
Galley EquipmentDouble Sinks;
- Automatic and manual bilge pumps;
- Liferaft 4 persons;
- Jackline on deck;
- Security camera;
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room;
- 2 CO2 monitors;
- 3 handheld fire extinguishers.
ENO Stainless Steel Two Burner Gas Stove;
Front Access Refrigerator/Freezer 24 Volt;
2 Top Access Deep Freezers 24 Volt;
Galley Ventilator Cowl/24 Volt;
Electrolux washing machine;
Corian galley surfaces.Latest Upgrades and Replacements:
- Headsail rigging (2018);
- 3 gear boxes of headsail are rebuild and 1 gear box of mainsail is new (2019);
- Anchor chain - 400 ft, anchor Rocna – 40kg (2016);
- 8 House batteries 6V Trojan (2015);
- Windlass - Lofrans Tigress 1200W (2019);
- New Bimini (2020);
- Electric windlass (2016);
- Aluminum steel arch with davits;
- 3 Solar panels on the davits;
- Wind generator - Rutland Windcharger (2015);
- Laundry washing machine (2018) - Electrolux;
- Sails are 10 years old, redone in 2020, very good condition;
- Watermaker was rebuild in 2017;
- Chartplotter and other nav equipment is Raymarine from 2010. AIS is from 2017;
- SSB antenna tuner (2016);
- Manual bilge pump (2018);
- Toilet pump (2020);
- Changed all toilet hoses (2018);
- Manual freshwater pump in galley (2017);
- Security camera;
- Freshwater pump (2018);
- Hot water heater (2016);
- AC digital display is added to indicate: Voltage, Current, Watts and Frequency;
- Last antifouling April, 2020.
- 12 electric winches (2018);
- Engine (2020);
- Generator (2020);
- Bow thruster (2019);
- Flush fuel tank (2020);
- Last rigging inspection (2018). Current one is in progress.
A Survey Report (2020) is available upon request.