'Magic', a Cherubini 44 Ketch for Sale
'Magic', our 1986 Cherubini 44 Staysail Ketch has freshly painted Flag Blue Awlgrip on Hull, NEW Bright Work, and NEW gold leaf Cherubini Scroll work. Also, 2 NEW fuel tanks with dual filter arrangement, NEW water tank, NEW Holding Tank and NEW manual toilet. Original beautiful Honduras Mahogany teak interior. Sleeps 7 in 5 berths with one head and shower.
Sails include a main, genoa, staysail, spinnaker and mizzen.
Rod rigging with Lewmar self-tailing winches, port and starboard.'Magic'
is ready to go back into the water. She has been stored in an environmentally controlled shop during all of her upgrades. All she needs is to have the rigging re-installed; and the Owner has the professional staff to do that in a few days.
Once back in the water she will be a real "show-stopper" that will make everyone's head turn!
You cannot believe how beautiful she is - her new Awlgrip Flag Blue hull and teak bright work make her shine!Specification:
Hull Type: Long Scheel keel with keel-hung rudder.
Rigging Type: Staysail ketch
Length Overall: 44'0" (13.4m), 50'0" including bowsprit
Waterline Length: 40'0" (12.2m)
Beam: 12'0" (3.7m)
Draft: 4'10" (1.4m)
Max Bridge Clearance: 55'0" (16.8m)
Total Sail Area: 1138 sq. ft (106 sq. m)
Displacement: 29,800lb (12,701kg)
Ballast: 12,000lb (5,443kg)
Construction: GRP (fibreglass hull, teak on ply deck.
Ballast Type: Lead
Builder: Cherubini Yachts (USA)
Designer: John E. Cherubini
First Built: 1977
Number Built: 35Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 19.7
Comfort Ratio: 38.4
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.58Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here... ENGINE
- Engine Make: 1986 Mercedes Benz;
- Hours: 1,648;
- Inboard Power: 76 hp;
- All hoses replaced;
- Racor Fuel Boss 2 Filter System;
- Direct Drive;
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade Max Prop.
- Number of double berths: 2;
- Number of single berths: 3;
- Number of cabins: 2;
- Number of heads: 1 - NEW Jabsco Marine Toilet, all NEW plumbing.
- NEW Origo 2 burner alcohol stove with oven;
- Refrigerator/Freezer - NEW Frigoboat 12V - keel cooled;
- Hot & Cold Pressure water;
- 1 Hot Water Heater - 6 gallon, stainless steel.
- 2 NEW FUEL TANKS - All welded aluminum, 75 gal total, with tank tender & all new plumbing;
- 2 NEW WATER TANKS - All welded plastic, 165 gal total, with tank tender & all new plumbing;
- 1 NEW HOLDING TANK - Roto Molded, 25 gal total, with new monitor & manual pump out or dock side pump out.
- Sea Tiger Manual Windlass;
- Edson Pedestal Steering Wheel;
- NEW Double Lifelines.
- Depth-sounder - Raytheon ST60 Tri-data;
- Log-Speedometer - Raytheon ST60 Tri-data;
- Wind Speed & Direction - Raytheon ST60 Wind;
- Plotter - Raytheon RL70 Pathfinder;
- Navigation Center;
- Autopilot - Simrad AP 25;
- Compass - Danforth Constellation.
SAILING & RIGGING EQUIPMENT
- Shore Power Inlet;
- Electrical: 110V - 30 AMP Shore power cords;
- Heart Freedom 2000 watt/ 100AMP Inverter/Charger;
- Galvanic Isolator;
- 55AMP Alternator;
- Batteries: NEW AGMs (2) 4-D House, (1) 4-D Engine;
- 2 rule 2000 bilge pump 12V;
- 1 par diaphragm pump 12V;
- 1 Whale Gusher Manual Pump.
- Rod Rigging;
- 2 Lewmar 48 self tailing primary;
- 1 Lewmar 40 self tailing;
- 1 Lewmar 16 self tailing;
- Main & Mizzen Batt-car System;
- Harken MK3 Roller Furling Genoa;
- Club Boom Staysail;