MAIA, a Pacific 38 in Langkawi
'MAIA' is a great little sailing vessel, 38 ft (11,6 meters) for 7 tons built in fiberglass. She is a Pacific 38 built in New Zealand in 1976 by Smith Boatyards in Whangarei.
She is a perfect boat for a solo sailor or a couple.
We've had a perfect sailing trip with her around the Pacific and SE Asia for the last 2 years but we need to come back to Europe in the next months, so that's why we are looking for a new owner for 'Maia'
Everything is easy and simple on board, perfect for a couple or a solo sailor. We did a huge refit in 2017, a lot of equipments are new, the interior is clean and neat, new paint on the deck and cockpit, new flooring inside, etc...
She is a perfect liveaboard boat and she is also ready for longer passages and oceans crossing.Hull and deck
- Hatches and portholes (new 2017);
- Hull (complete osmosis treatment, all seacocks new 2017 and taps changed);
- Deck repainted in white and new grip in 2019;
- antifouling 2017.
Mast and sails
- Yanmar 3JH2 TE, 50hp, less than 1000hr;
- Well maintained;
- Turbocharger changed in 2018;
- 200L diesel tank;
- hydrolube ring new 2017.
- rigging (stays, head mast, chain plates, furler ballbearing...all new from 2016);
- 4 self tailing winches Lewmar;
- Windpilot + poulies to the tiller all working perfectly;
- Main, very good condition;
- Genoa, good condition;
- Genaker on furler, good condition;
- Spinaker, good condition;
- Storm sail, like new;
(+ 1 spare Main and 1 spare Genoa in good condition);
- Lazy bag.
- 300L water tanks (new 2017);
- Electric water pump (new 2017);
- Electricity: 3 Newmax batteries, 320watt of solar pannels (All new 2017);
- all led lights;
- new fridge (2017);
- new matress (2018);
- 2 gas cooker + oven and grill;
- Gas barbecue.
- 3d Tender, superlight twin vib air 250 (2016);
- 2,5 hp tohatsu (2017).
- 50 m of 10mm chain;
- electric windlass Quick 1500W;
- anchor Manson Supreme 35Lbs;
- 2nd mooring: 100m of 8mm chain + 2nd CQR anchor 35 Lbs.
- Outside plotter: Garmin 421S (with worldwide charts), AIS display and depth sonar on it;
- AIS receiver Navicom RT550 (new 2017);
- AIS transmitter EM
- trak E100 (New 2018);
- Autopilot RAYMARINE ST2000+ (new 2017).
- EPIRB AccuSat GME (New 2017);
- Satellite phone Inmarsat (New 2015);
- Liferaft SEASAFE 4 people (New 2017);
- 1 handheld vhf;
- 1 spare GPS garmin etrex 20;
- All safety equipments (life jackets, flares...).
is currently in Langkawi, Malaysia.