MAIA, a Pacific 38 in Langkawi
'MAIA' is a great little sailing vessel, 38 ft (11,6 meters) for 7 tons built in fiberglass. She is a Pacific 38 built in New Zealand in 1976 by Smith Boatyards in Whangarei.
She is a perfect boat for a solo sailor or a couple.
We've had a perfect sailing trip with her around the Pacific and SE Asia for the last 2 years but we need to come back to Europe in the next months, so that's why we are looking for a new owner for 'Maia'.
Everything is easy and simple on board, perfect for a couple or a solo sailor. We did a huge refit in 2017, a lot of equipments are new, the interior is clean and neat, new paint on the deck and cockpit, new flooring inside, etc...
She is a perfect liveaboard boat and she is also ready for longer passages and oceans crossing.
Hull and deck
- Hatches and portholes (new 2017);
- Hull (complete osmosis treatment, all seacocks new 2017 and taps changed);
- Deck repainted in white and new grip in 2019;
- antifouling 2017.
Mast and sails
- Yanmar 3JH2 TE, 50hp, less than 1000hr;
- Well maintained;
- Turbocharger changed in 2018;
- 200L diesel tank;
- hydrolube ring new 2017.
- rigging (stays, head mast, chain plates, furler ballbearing...all new from 2016);
- 4 self tailing winches Lewmar;
- Windpilot + poulies to the tiller all working perfectly;
- Main, very good condition;
- Genoa, good condition;
- Genaker on furler, good condition;
- Spinaker, good condition;
- Storm sail, like new;
(+ 1 spare Main and 1 spare Genoa in good condition);
- Lazy bag.
- 300L water tanks (new 2017);
- Electric water pump (new 2017);
- Electricity: 3 Newmax batteries, 320watt of solar pannels (All new 2017);
- all led lights;
- new fridge (2017);
- new matress (2018);
- 2 gas cooker + oven and grill;
- Gas barbecue.
- 3d Tender, superlight twin vib air 250 (2016);
- 2,5 hp tohatsu (2017).
- 50 m of 10mm chain;
- electric windlass Quick 1500W;
- anchor Manson Supreme 35Lbs;
- 2nd mooring: 100m of 8mm chain + 2nd CQR anchor 35 Lbs.
- Outside plotter: Garmin 421S (with worldwide charts), AIS display and depth sonar on it;
- AIS receiver Navicom RT550 (new 2017);
- AIS transmitter EM
- trak E100 (New 2018);
- Autopilot RAYMARINE ST2000+ (new 2017).
- EPIRB AccuSat GME (New 2017);
- Satellite phone Inmarsat (New 2015);
- Liferaft SEASAFE 4 people (New 2017);
- 1 handheld vhf;
- 1 spare GPS garmin etrex 20;
- All safety equipments (life jackets, flares...).
is currently in Langkawi, Malaysia.
Asking Price: $40,000 negotiable
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Aug 16, 19 12:16 PM
This ad has been removed at the request of the owner. For the current list of sailboats for sale by their owners, please click here...
Aug 16, 19 11:55 AM
It's true that the ketch sailboat with its split rig can make an attractive cruising sailboat for a short-handed crew, but there is a downside to these types of sailboats
Aug 15, 19 06:58 AM
The honest answer to the question 'Should I Buy a Boat?' is 'No, not unless you've properly thought it through'. There are four fundamental aspects of boat ownership that you must consider...