'Makaha', an Island Packet 350 for sale
by Roberto Arbulu
Roberto, please let me have your contact details.
Without them, I won't be able to send any interested parties your way.
And your asking price too please.
'Makala', an Island Packet 350, is an excellent blue water vessel, a very steady and safe boat, perfect for short-handed sailing. The IP 350 cutter rig is one of Island Packet's best mid-sized models, and Makaha has circumnavigated as a proof of its quality and seaworthiness.
Keel stepped mast, twin backstays, roller furling in mast mainsail, staysail and genoa with all running lines leading to the cockpit.
Both the forward and aft cabins have queen-sized berths with ample storage and the large head is accessible from both the salon and privately from the forward berth. The engine room is located underneath the companionway, with easy access for maintenance. Two burner stove and oven, microwave and plenty of storage. There is a pull-out trash bin and the opening port and hatch keep the galley ventilated. Large cockpit with boarding ladder, swim platform and davit for easy dinghy handling.
Cockpit and Deck
- Dometic 16, BTU reverse cycle heat and air unit (2018);
- 15 opening ports and hatches for excellent ventilation;
- Ultraleather cushions in the salon;
- Hot/cold pressure water;
- Additional cold-water hand pump in galley;
- Non-skid sole in galley, companionway landing and head;
- Teak and holly sole in salon and cabins;
- Screens for ports;
- Custom waste tank (replaced 2017);
- Hillerange 2-burner gimbaled propane stove and oven with security bar for offshore strap;
- Two #10 aluminum propane tanks;
- Large inventory of parts, tools and equipment.
- In mast furling mainsail (new 2019);
- S/S Ocean brand davits (2012);
- Fresh Water cockpit shower;
- Genoa and staysail on Harken Furlers;
- Staysail is on a Hoyt Self-Tacking Boom;
- Winch handles;
- Spare mainsail halyard;
- Boom vang;
- Coach roof mounted traveler;
- Two Harken 40ST primary winch;
- Two Harken 32ST cabin top winches;
- Running rigging replaced 2018;
- In mast furling serviced 2018;
- Teak cockpit table and drink caddy;
- Deep functional lazarettes on port and starboard.
- Yanmar 3JH3E, 40 HP, 3cylinder diesel, naturally aspirated and fresh water cooled. Engine hours 7098. In excellent condition (see test results);
- Three blade MaxProp feathering propeller;
- 50-gallon fuel tank;
- Racor fuel filter;
- 100-amp Balmar alternator.
Hull and Deck
- Electric automatic and manual bilge pump;
- Mechanical bilge pump;
- Whitlock Rack and Pinion steering;
- New 30 gallon Duraweld polyurethane holding tank (2018);
- Waste system with “Y” Valve directing waste overboard or to holding tank;
- All new sanitation hoses (2018);
- Water tank pick-up tunes replaced in 2018;
- Complete engine and equipment manual;
- Good maintenance records.
Electronics and Navigation
- Solid glass hull;
- Synthetically cored deck (not ply or balsa);
- Integral bowsprit;
- Molded swim platform;
- Integral molded keel;
- Engine hoist for dingy (new 2020);
- Magma round propane kettle grill (new 2020);
- Deep divided anchor locker;
- Sealed and overboard drained propane locker with full safety features;
- New bottom paint (December 2019);
- Bowsprit with 2 anchors davits and chain protectors;
- Lewmar 1000 electric windlass with controls on foredeck and cockpit (2018);
- Rocna 20kg anchor with 150’ of 5/16 chain;
- Fortress FX16 secondary anchor with 10’ 5/16 chain and 100’ 3 strand nylon rode;
- Kato dingy davits with stabilizing straps and outboard lift;
- Dodger with front covers (new 2018);
- Bimini and connecting panel (new 2018);
- Stern rail seats;
- Cockpit cushions with closed cell foam;
- 2 PVC dorade vents;
- Binnacle and winch covers;
- Hatch covers;
- Cockpit table and drink holder (new 2019);
- Fenders, dock lines and boar hook;
- Lifelines with pelican hooks and bow/stern gates;
- Folding swim ladders.
Electrical Systems and Equipment
- Garmin 1042XSV at helm (new 2020);
- Garmin GMI multi-function in cockpit;
- Raymarine ST6000 hydraulic/electric ram autopilot with new control head;
- Raymarine Autopilot ST4000 with SPX10 CPU;
- Ritchie SP-5 Compass;
- Lofrans VHF radio with AIS in cockpit (new 2020);
- Uniden Um45 VHF at nav station;
- Autohelm ST50 Tridata at nav station;
- Pyle Bluetooth speakers in cockpit (new 2020);
- ACR 406 EPIRB.
- 30 Amp shore power 110V system and shipboard 12V system;
- 30 amp shorepower cord with 50 amp adapter;
- Four AGM Group 27 batteries (new 2018);
- 100 watt renergy solar panel with controller;
- 400 watt wind generator;
- 100 amp high output alternator on engine;
- Charles charger 40 watt on shore power;
- Yank level monitor.
- USCG Safety package;
- LED spotlight;
- ACR satellite 4 EPIRB 2018;
- First aid kit;
- Lifesling on stern pulpit;
- Island Packet emergency tiller;
- Fire extinguishers current;
- Winslow valise-packed Liferaft (not currently certified).
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Nov 22, 20 09:21 AM
Solo sailing has always been a major challenge whether or not the sailor is engaged in an athletic contest such as the Single-Handed Transatlantic Race or simply sailing solo. But all mariners are req…
Nov 21, 20 05:49 AM
Want to avoid brokers fees? Then take a look at these selected cruising sailboats for sale privately by their owners.
Nov 20, 20 03:57 PM
'Teragram', a Swan 40 #43 from 1972, has undergone continued maintenance by all owners and while in current ownership. She has been sailed by current