'Miss Fe', a Spray 33 Steel Cutter for Sale
by Paul Coletta
'Miss Fe' is a Bruce Roberts Spray 33 Steel Cutter
Beautiful professionally built full keel Bluewater cruiser. Recently refit, new electronics, new rigging etc.
Monitor Windvane, Superwind Generator, Solar, Vesper AIS Transponder, Jordan drogue, Mantus anchor, Watermaker. Aug 2018 survey with Ultrasound.
This boat is a solid blue-water cruiser and a real head-turner built by a marine surveyor and commercial diver 'Bill Wolfe' in Brownsville TX. Mr Wolfe took his time building this boat starting in the early 80’s and not launching her until 2006.
'Miss Fe' is recently back in the States after spending the past two cruising seasons cruising the Chesapeake to the Bahamas. She has undergone extensive refitting prior to this cruising.
We are moving onto a new land-based adventure and are sad to see her go. The hull is sound and has never needed patching. She has been professionally surveyed with ultrasounds in both 2015 and Aug 2018 which we can provide to interested parties.
This boat is very comfortable both offshore and at anchor due to its heavy displacement. The prop and rudder are very protected. At 4’ draft she is well suited to the ICW and Bahamas but with solid steel construction she can take you anywhere safely. We think you would be hard pressed to find a more capable boat for the price.
- Full Keel;
- Displacement ~28,000lbs;
- LOD 33';
- LOA 36';
- Beam 12';
- Draft 4';
- Tanks: 2 x 40 gallon diesel, 2 x 75 gallon water (all tanks repainted in 2017);
- Berths: double forward berth, double aft quarter berth, single convertible settee, single sea berth. Sleeps up to 6.
- Flame sprayed throughout for corrosion protection with paint overtop;
- Decks/cabin top painted in 2016 with Pettit Easypoxy;
- Sides Awlgrip ~2013;
- Bottom Epoxy Barrier Coat with Pettit Ultima Eco Copper-free paint in Nov 2018;
- Hull is solid with no patches and good thickness throughout as shown by 2015 and 2018 ultrasounds (surveys available).
- Sabb 2HSP 18HP with controllable pitch prop system (fully feathering, motors at 5 knots in calm weather, sails up to 7 knots. Engine hours unknown do to broken hour meter estimated to be ~1500). Both a US and UK dealer stock all parts for these engines;
- 80 gallons of Diesel storage in 2 integral tanks. (tanks repainted in 2017);
- Racor fuel Filter;
- 120 amp alternator with external controller (rebuilt in 2016);
- Heat exchanger cleaned and pressure tested by radiator shop (2017);
- Silicone cooling hoses (2017);
- Fuel lines replaced (2017);
- New Jabsco raw water pump 2018;
- Injectors professionally rebuilt in 2017;
- Starter replaced in 2018;
- Aqua Alarm Water flow and exhaust temp alarms;
- Comes with numerous spares for the engine.
- All standing rigging professionally replaced in 2017 using all new Sta-Lok fittings;
- All halyards replaced with New England VPC in 2017;
- Jib sheet and main sheet replaced in 2018.
- Storm Trysail with separate track;
- Storm Jib;
- Sunbrella sail covers;
- Forespar whisker pole;
- Monitor Wind Vane.
- 2 Anderson 40 Self Tailing;
- 4 Anderson 28 Self Tailing;
- 2 Anderson single speed.
- Muir Hercules Manual Windlass;
- 300’ 3/8th BBB chain;
- 2 300’ spools of 3-strand anchor rode (1 forward, 1 aft);
- 55lb Mantus anchor;
- 45lb CQR anchor;
- 35lb Danforth HT anchor.
Communications & Navigation
- 6 Trojan T105 6v lead acid batteries (675 amps compacity at 12v);
- Victron BMV 700 battery monitor;
- Promariner 50 amp battery charger;
- All electrical panels replaced with Paneltronics panels in 2016;
- 315 watt LG solar Panel with 30 amp Victron MPPT controller on custom pan/tilt mount to get the most out of the sun;
- Superwind 350 wind generator;
- Clarion Stereo with Rockford Fosgate Speakers below deck;
- Katadyn Powersurvivor 35 watermaker (membrane new 2018);
- Delta Lighting Arrestors/ Surge Capacitor on both solar and wind generator.
- SGC SSB radio;
- Vesper Marine AIS Transceiver (networked to plotter and VHF);
- Standard Horizion Matrix GX2000 VHF With Ram 3 Cockpit Mic;
- B&G Zeus T7 Touchscreen chart plotter with C-MAP chip.
- Bright interior with wood trim and floors and bronze fixtures;
- Exceptional amount of storage;
- Sleeps up to 6 people in 4 berths (fwd, aft, pilot, and pull out settee);
- Newport by Dickinson Diesel Heater;
- Cabin cushions with Ultraleather covering and premium foam (2017);
- Forward berth 8 inch memory foam (2017);
- Cockpit cushions 4 inch dri-foam with Sunbrella covers (2018);
- Alpenglow CFL lighting throughout;
- ABL Bronze portholes throughout;
- 3 Dorades;
- 4 12v fans (2017).
- Force 10 3-Burner Gimballed Stove with Oven;
- 2 20lb Aluminum propane tanks (enough to last many months);
- Dual stainless steel sinks with cutting board covers and fresh and salt water spigots;
- Pressurized fresh water system with dual 10inch carbon micron filters (2018);
- 150 gallons of water storage in 2 tanks;
- Adler Barbour 12v Cold Machine Freezer with spill over refrigerator system.
- Groco toilet with ~30 gallons holding tank;
- Custom Bacote wood countertop;
- Stainless steel sink.
- Parachute Sea Anchor;
- Jordon Series Drogue;
- 4 person Viking liferaft repacked 2017;
- Weems & Plath electronic flare & day signal;
- 3 Fire extinguishers;
- 2 electric bilge pumps + 1 manual bilge pump.
- Spare parts, hardware, filters, etc;
- Dock lines;
- Extra rope.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
May 24, 19 01:13 AM
'Zen', a Cheoy-Lee 46 Needs a New Owner! 'Zen' was built in fiberglass by shipyard Cheoy-Lee in Hong Kong in 1981, on a Robert Perry design. Length:
May 21, 19 03:03 AM
30' Newport Mark III Bahamas Cruiser with New Upgrades $26,700 Wind Spirit is a meticulously maintained and refitted 1985 Capital Yachts Newport 30 Mark
May 09, 19 05:24 PM
This Bristol Channel Cutter 'Waxwing' is hull #22, and was layed up in 1977 by the Sam L.Morse yard in Costa Mesa, California. We bought the bare hull