'Ohana', a Gulfstar Sailmaster 47 for Sale
(San Diego, Ca., USA)
Currently Located in San Diego, 'Ohana' has been meticulously restored and retrofitted and is set up for blue water cruising. She is a Gulfstar Sailmaster 47, 1979. Our plans have changed due to personal health restrictions.
Upgrades and maintenance in the last three years alone
Our loss is your gain - she is ready to go! Specification:
- 2020 Ullman cruising Gennaker with ATN sock & Turtle Bag;
- 2020 Sunpower rigid solar panels: two 225W for a total of 450W;
- 2020 propane fume detector;
- 2020 Pepwave wifi/cellular router w/antenna;
- 2020 LED Photocell Masthead light;
- 2019 Vizio smart TV with HD antenna;
- 2019 Viking 6 Person RescYou liferaft mounted on deck in canister;
- 2019 Starboard Storm covers for salon windows. Stowed securely on top of water tank;
- 2019 Quantum Hydranet 135% Genoa & Mainsail;
- 2019 new Northern Lights 6KW Diesel Generator with water separator for quiet anchorages;
- 2019 new cockpit cushion (vinyl upholstery & mildew resistant foam);
- 2019 new B & G NAC-3 Autopilot with spare. There a 2 separate control heads and 2 computers. Spare one in not integrated with the Navionics so it will still work if those are lost. They share the hydraulic system. It is all labled under the bunk;
- 2019 Mastervolt DC/DC charger/converter for bow thruster batteries (bow thruster is 24V);
- 2019 Mastervolt charge controller;
- 2019 Magma Propane BBQ mounted on the stern rail with oversize (refillable) propane tank for it;
- 2019 Lifeline AGM batteries: 6V/300 amp hours (x8). Provides 1200 amp hours at 12V for house bank;
- 2019 Engine room temperature gauge;
- 2019 Eclectic D400 Wind Generator with custom mast;
- 2019 Drinking spigot at galley sink with “Guzzle” UV filter;
- 2019 Custom swim ladder for starboard side with angled lower steps 7 oversized teak steps, custom mount to lock ladder in when in use. Custom stowage mount on rail;
2019 all new Navionics installed. B & G Zeus system, 12” Chartplotter, 2 Triton readouts, engine room camera, 24” Halo Radar;
- 2019 160 amp alternator;
- 2018 Shore Power cords;
- 2018 Nova Kool 12V freezer;
- 2018 New rudder packing: rudder was pulled and serviced, hole drilled in top for emergency steering;
- 2018 Mastervolt 2500W Inverter;
- 2018 Lifelines replaced with Stainless Steel rail;
- 2018 Lee Cloths added to starboard & port settees & across V Berth;
- 2018 GE microwave;
- 2018 Dometic Heat & A/C, DTV15-410A;
- 2018 Bow to Stern Preventer system added.
Hull Type: Fin keel and skeg-hung rudder
Rigging Type: Masthead ketch
Length Overall: 47'5"
Waterline Length: 40'6"
Construction: GRP (fibreglass)
Ballast Type: Lead
First Built: 1978
Last Built: 1981
Number Built: 79
Builder: Gulfstar Yachts (USA)
Designer: Vince LazzaraDesign Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 13.1
Comfort Ratio: 41.8
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.65Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Sep 27, 22 03:14 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Sep 20, 22 09:56 AM
If you're a fan of traditional cruising yachts, then you must take a look at 'Silver Heels', a beautiful Alajuela 38 sailboat for sale...
Sep 18, 22 08:06 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?