'Pax Vobiscum', Fast Passage 39 For Sale
Pax in the San Juan Islands
'Pax Vobiscum' is a Fast Passage 39 built in 1979 at the Philbrook’s Boatyard in Sidney, B.C. by Canadian craftsmen. She is a 39 foot-six-inch cutter designed by Bill Garden to be a trans-oceanic cruiser that is easily handled by a couple. The cruising fin keel design displaces 22,000 pounds and draws 5 feet 6 inches. She is rugged and sea-kindly.
Pax has a hand-crafted interior with abundant storage compartments. Unique to Pax is a custom aft deck that supports the wind vane, dinghy motor, and other gear, and a custom shower stall in the head. 'Pax Vobiscum'
means "Peace be with You"
. She is a sturdy, comfortable, well-maintained blue water cruiser that has taken us from Seattle down the coast to Cabo San Lucas and then across the equator to the Marquesa Islands, the Tuamotus Islands, the Society Islands, the Hawaiian Islands and back to Seattle. She served us well on this 11,000 mile voyage.
Due to medical issues, we, with great reluctance, offer her for sale for $82,000.Specifications
- LOA: 39’ 6″ (12.0 m);
- LWL: 33’ 6″ (10.2 m);
- Beam: 11’ 2″ (3.4 m);
- Draft: 5’ 6″ (1.7 m);
- Ballast: 7,500 lbs. (3,402 kgs);
- Displacement: 22,000 lbs. (9,979 kgs);
- Cutter Rig;
- Sail Area: 735 sq.ft. (224 sq.m.);
- Fuel: 87 US. Gal. (329);
- Water: 80 US. Gal. (303);
- Designer: William Garden;
- Builder: Philbrooks Shipyard Ltd, Canada;
- 'Pax Vobiscum' was built in 1979;
- Owner's 2005 professional survey available by pdf on request.
- Powder anodized heavy gauge mast;
- Stainless mainsail track;
- Stainless storm staysail track;
- Heavy gauge stainless steel rigging;
- Norse fittings (not swaged);
- Boom with boom kicker and high ratio boom vang;
- Whisker/spinnaker pole on track, stowed vertically on mast;
- Profurl genoa furler;
- Heavy duty skeg hung rudder;
- Pedestal steering;
- Aires Wind Vane with many spare parts;
- Cetec-Benmar Autopilot.
- Mainsail – Port Townsend Sails (Carol Hasse);
- 110% Genoa – Port Townsend Sails;
- Storm trysail - Port Townsend Sails (new condition);
- Staysail – North Sails;
- Storm staysail (like new) – Tasker Sails;
- Spinnaker with launching sleeve.
- 2 Andersen 40st self-tailing jib sheet winches;
- 2 Andersen 28st self-tailing staysail sheet winches;
- 1 Andersen 28st self-tailing main halyard winch;
- Barient (Lewmar) 21 jib halyard jib winch;
- Barient (Lewmar) 18 staysail halyard winch;
- Barient (Lewmar) 23 self-tailing mainsheet winch;
- Barient (Lewmar) 10 Reefing winch on boom;
- Bariet (Lewmar) 10 p Traveler winch;
- Spare Andersen reefing winch.
Water and Plumbing
- Perkins 4-108 4600 hours (approx);
- Borg Warner heavy-duty transmission;
- MaxProp feathering propeller;
- Dripless packing;
- 50-gallon diesel tank;
- 37-gallon diesel tank;
- Dual Raccor fuel filters.
- Two 40-gallon fresh water tanks;
- Katadyn 12 VDC watermaker;
- Salinity tester;
- Finest handpump marine toilet ever made - Wilcox - Crittenden Skipper II (Thetford);
- Holding tank;
- Enclosed shower;
- 12 VDC freshwater pump;
- Freshwater foot pump;
- Saltwater foot pump;
- Saltwater 12 VDC deck pump.
- 2 kw Inverter/charger;
- 4- 12v 80 amp/hour AGM house batteries;
- 1 AGM starter battery;
- 100-amp Ballmer alternator and 3-step smart charger;
- 2 solar panels;
- Blue Sky solar panel controller;
- 30 Amp 120 AC service and dock cord;
- Galvanic isolater;
- 120 VAC & 12 VDC breaker panels;
- Interior Lights LED and compact florescent;
- LED Masthead Anchor Light/Trilight;
- Running lights and spreader-mounted deck light.
- Furuno Radar;
- Raymarine i50 tridata (depth, speed, temperature);
- Raymarine i60 wind instruments;
- Standard-Horizon VHF;
- Spare VHF;
- Handheld VHF;
- Garmin-map GPS;
- Magellan GPS (a collector piece, still functions, but don’t count on it);
- Icom Ham band HF radio with marine SSB band modification;
- Paccor modem for HF e-mailing while at sea;
- Stereo with internal and cockpit speakers.
Cabin and Galley
- 66 lb Bruce-type main anchor with 250' 5/16" chain + 400 feet 5/8" nylon line;
- 44 lb Bruce anchor;
- 44 lb Danforth anchor;
- 75 lb Luke Fisherman anchor.
Dinghy and Miscellaneous Deck Gear
- Aft double quarter berth with lee clothes;
- Two settee berths with lee clothes;
- Double v-berth with custom mattress;
- Hood heavy duty stainless portholes;
- Espar diesel heater;
- 2-burner propane stove/oven (gimballed);
- DC electric cold-plate refrigerator;
- Off-shore quality dishes, pots/pans, and cooking/storing supplies;
- Numerous storage compartments easily hold supplies for months-long ocean cruising.
- Walker Bay Genesis Hypalon hard-bottom inflatable;
- Tohatsu 3.5 hp (2017);
- Manual deck crane for engine;
- Propane station-mounted grill (2016).
- Rule electric bilge pump w/pressure switch;
- Spare for electric bilge pump;
- Hull-mounted one gallon per pump emergency manual bilge pump;
- Cockpit-mounted hand bilge pump;
- Heavy-duty stanchions;
- Mast pulpits;
- Class 1 stanchion-mounted EPIRB;
- Life Sling;
- 4 fire extinguishers;
- Bilge vapor alarm;
- CO detector;
- Ditch bag;
- Bosun’s chair;
- Jacklines and tethers;
- Collision mat;
- Four co2 self-inflatable life jackets;
- Additional vest jackets.
- Manuals for most equipment and systems;
- Lots and lots of spare parts and tools consistent with our offshore cruising needs;
- Sailing and cruising books;
- One seasoned ocean cruising fishing pole.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jan 26, 21 08:55 AM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale... Scroll down for more pics... We
Jan 23, 21 06:25 AM
'About Time', a centreboard version of the Sabre 32, is the perfect combination of a racer-cruiser that can take you around to the Florida Keys, the Bahamas,
Jan 22, 21 07:45 AM
'WYRD' is a 1981 Tartan 37. This classic Sparkman & Stephens design performance cruiser, hull #309 is a clean example of one of the most desirable Tartan's