'Pelagic', a Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 Yawl
by John Newcomer
(Seattle, Washington USA)
Pelagic is a 1980 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37 Yawl outfitted for cruising and living aboard.
We are the second owners and cruised from SoCal to Mexico in 2000.
She is in a transferable Lake Union slip (possible live aboard).
Published Specification for the Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37:
- Universal four cylinder diesel (5432),
- Monitor windvane,
- Lighthouse all stainless steel windlass (1501) with all chain rode (350′ 5/16" G4),
- Spectra 200C watermaker,
- KISS windgen,
- 4 solar panels,
- Icom 710 SSB & tuner and Pactor 3 modem,
- Standard Horizon VHF w/AIS,
- Raymarine electronics,
- 9 sails,
- Garhauer blocks, traveler, organizers and vang,
- Propane stove and fireplace (Broadwater & Dickenson),
- Zodiac Zoom 260 solid floor dinghy with Suzuki 4 HP outboard,
- USCG documented.
Hull Type: Fin Keel & Skeg-Hung Rudder
Rigging Type: Yawl
Length Overall: 36'11"
Waterline Length: 27'9"
Displacement: 16,000 lb
Ballast: 6,000 lb
Construction: GRP (fibreglass)
Ballast Type: Lead
First Built: 1979
Designer: Bill Crealock
Builder: Pacific Seacraft (USA)Published Design Ratios for the Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37:
Sail Area/Displacement: 14.5
Comfort Ratio: 34.0
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.7
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here...