'Sea Bunny', a 1985 Hallberg Rassy 42 for sale
'Sea Bunny' at anchor, September 2019
is the original (Rassy/Enderlein), sloop rigged, version of the popular GRP long-distance cruising HR42 marque and has successfully completed two circumnavigations. The second of these, with us, was mostly two-handed and covered over 60,000 nautical miles.
She is for sale with much regret as we now feel that we have reached a stage in our lives when long-distance cruising is behind us. 'Sea Bunny'
is well equipped for ocean cruising but is equally at home in local waters.
She is well equipped for cruising with solar cells, 2 wind generators, sprayhood, bimini and cockpit closure, watermaker, Raymarine chartplotter, radar and fishfinder, HF/MF marine band radio, heating, large domestic battery bank, 2kVA inverter, even air conditioning for those maintenance or R&R stops in tropical marinas!
GRP moulded hull and deck with encapsulated iron ballast in long fin keel, rudder supported by 3/4 depth skeg. Sacrificial shoe fitted to lower part of keel and wire from keel to skeg. Teak covering on deck replaced 2009 (Thailand). Topsides repainted 2016/17 in Trinidad (except blue stripe - 2012 in Thailand). Coppercoat antifoul system applied 2012 (Thailand), touched up 2017 (Trinidad).
Extensive refits undertaken in 1997 (by previous owner), 2001 (UK), 2009 and 2012 (Thailand) and Trinidad 2016/7.
Rig: Forestay replaced 2014, remainder of standing rig replaced 2016'Sea Bunny'
is currently berthed in Plymouth, UK.Key facts
- Class: Hallberg Rassy 42 Sloop, Hull number 123;
- Year: 1985;
- Keel: Encapsulated long fin with protective outer shoe (fitted 2001);
- LOA: 12.95m, (42'6"), LWL: 10.49m, (34'5");
- Beam: 3.78m (12'5");
- Draft: 2.1m (6'9") - as specification, 2.3m (7'6") - in cruising trim;
- Masthead from WL 19.6m (62'8");
- Displacement 11500kg - as specification, 14500kg - in long-distance cruising trim;
- Fuel: 350 Litres in two tanks, Water: 700 litres;
- Engine: 1 x 57 HP, Volvo Penta MD22P diesel;
- Accommodation: 7 Berths in 3 Cabins;
- Tender: Avon Rover Lite 260 Hypalon RIB, with Tohatsu 9.8 HP two-stroke outboard.