'Shadowmere', a Hallberg Rassy 41 Ketch for Sale
by Ian McCrum
(Northern Ireland, UK)
Shadowmere on a mooring
'Shadowmere' is extensively fitted out for blue water cruising and has just completed a North Atlantic circuit from the UK to the Cape Verde Islands to Barbados, through the Caribbean to the East coast of the States via Cuba and then up to Nova Scotia before returning through the Bahamas to the ABC islands and then back to Europe via Puerto Rico, Bermuda and the Azores. Prior to this 20,000 mile, two year, cruise she had spent the previous 5 summers cruising 5000 miles in the Baltic.
'Shadowmere' has been refitted for blue water cruising, with a new Engine and new mainsail in 2015, and includes the following items in her inventory:
- Solar cells, bimini, Holland windvane, drogue, three anchors, 1500W Lofrens Anchor winch, mizzen staysail, spinnaker with effective snuffer, SSB HF ICOM 706 amateur radio transceiver with ATU, Nasa Navtex and a Furuno weatherfax.
- A Garmin 4008 chartplotter, radar and a recording echosounder is in the cockpit together with wind instruments, log and a separate depth sounder by Autohelm.
- The cockpit Horizon VHF has its own GPS and the McMurdo Transponding AIS also has its own GPS and its own VHF antenna. The AIS is displayed on the Chartplotter.
- There are 4 batteries (3 Domestic and one Engine) charged by two paralleled MPPT solar Controllers or a sterling advanced Pro Battery charger or by engine alternator, the two banks are linked with a Digital Sense Relay (DSR).
- The galley is fully equipped and supplied with all pots, pans, crockery and cutlery. It contains a gas twin ring, grill and oven and a 12v fridge. Also supplied is an electric kettle, toaster and single ring to be used on shore power. The galvanic isolator and circuit breakers fed 8 240 volt (UK) AC outlets, also supplied is a 120V to 240v Auto-transformer allowing operation from 110-120 volt shore supplies.
- There is a domestic CD Radio that can play DVDs and a computer monitor is mounted on a swivel to serve the chart table or main cabin.
The HR41 is a centre cockpit ketch with two foresails. She has a large easy access engine room and a sensible passageway to a en suite rear cabin. Water tankage is 560 Litres and fuel capacity is 460 litres split across two tanks. The tender is a 3.1m Avon with a 4hp Yahama. The life raft is a 6 man Seago canister, serviced until June 2020
Please contact me for a full inventory. The boat is currently in the Azores and to be lifted out for the winter.
This is your chance to own a Hallberg Rassy - boats of real quality. This boat is hull 85 of 105 built between 1979 and 1981. She retains her outstanding build quality and is equipped to take you anywhere. A proven track record, she will look after you.