'Skua', a Tayana 37 Sailboat For Sale
(Grenada, West Indies)
'Skua', our Tayana 37, is a comfortable bluewater cruiser, currently in the water in a tropical paradise. Grenada has open borders and flights are coming in.
'Skua' features lots of updated equipment and is ready to sail away. This boat crossed the Atlantic Ocean from Gibraltar to the Caribbean in March 2020.
Location: Grenada, Eastern Caribbean;
Flag: British, previously imported from Canada (where it was bought) into the UK.Hull
- Bowsprit varnished and in good condition, no rot;
- Teak decks recaulked in 2019 and dry;
- Main anchor: Manson supreme 27kg, new 2019;
- Second anchor: Manson supreme 16kg in good condition;
- Original bronze manual windlass in good condition;
- 330w solar panel and charge controller, new 2019;
- Exterior teak refinished with Semco in autumn 2020;
- Useable spray dodger, stack pack, bimini and side shades.
- Quarter berth, galley, nav station, extra-long settees that turn into sea berths, heads with shower, big V-berth;
- Gimbaled ENO propane oven, new 2020 (it needs a new door glass, for which we’ll pay, but the hob is usable);
- Nature’s Head composting toilet;
- Galley sinks have saltwater intake, tap and filtered water tap;
- Taylor’s diesel heater;
- Three Caframo fans – two in the living area and one in the v berth;
- Easy-to-set-up rainwater collection system (but there’s also a watermaker on board);
- 4x6V Trojan batteries, new in spring 2019.
- Yankee and mainsail, new in 2019;
- Staysail in reasonable condition;
- Spare genoa and mainsail stored on board;
- Cruising chute with snuffer sock in good condition.
- Aluminium mast and boom, replaced approximately in 2005;
- Standing rigging replaced in January 2020;
- New external chainplates and bobstay fitting, installed in January 2020.
- 2006 Volvo Penta MD2040 with 1,700 hours, starts first time (stainless exhaust elbow new in 2019);
- 135L fuel tank under the quarter berth.
- Stainless steel water tanks, 290L, installed in the bilge;;
- Water pump replaced in January 2020;
- New bilge pumps installed in 2019.
- Raymarine chartplotter, windspeed, depth and autopilot control;
- Standard Horizon VHF radio (new 2019);
- Em-trak B400 Class B AIS transceiver with screen – it connects to any tablet via wi-fi (new 2019);
- Raymarine radar, displayed over the Raymarine chartplotter.
- Tiller-steered, but the wheel and pedestal are stored on board, so you can change it back, if you like;
- The old Hydrovane windvane works perfectly and is very easy to use; it steered us 3,000nm across the Atlantic
- Ocean without using any electricity;
- Hydraulic autopilot (strong and reliable, just lift the tiller and let the boat steer itself).
A few things that need doing...
- Osmosea 12v 25L/hr watermaker, new in October 2019;
- Zodiac Cadet aluminium hull RIB 2,4m, new in January 2019;
- Yamaha 5hp 4-stroke outboard, new in January 2019;
- Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard (Advanced Elements), new in spring 2020;
- Inflatable Kayak (2 person, Advanced Elements), new in spring 2020;
- Cobb portable gas BBQ, great in the cockpit and at the beach, new 2019.
- Replace cushion covers in main saloon settees – the high quality cream leatherette to do so is on board;
- Replace the oven door – we will pay for it and order it as soon as we know where you’d like to pick it up;
- The interior ceiling has some cosmetic defects; it could do with replacing but it’s only aesthetic.
Hull Type: Long Keel
Rigging Type: Cutter
Length Overall: 36'8"
Waterline Length: 31'0"
Construction: GRP (fibreglass)
First Built: 1976
Number Built: 688Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 17.4
Comfort Ratio: 41.1
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.6Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, click here...
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Oct 20, 21 02:04 PM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Oct 15, 21 04:21 PM
This, the third in our 'Caribbean Island Hopping' series, takes us through the delightful islands that make up the British Virgin Islands
Oct 14, 21 10:29 AM
Want to avoid brokers fees? Then take a look at these selected cruising sailboats for sale privately by their owners.