'Snowflake', a Richard Woods 35' Flica Sailing Catamaran For Sale
(Grenada, West Indies)
Currently located in Grenada, West Indies, Snowflake is a 1987 35 foot Richard Woods Flica F3 catamaran, production boat built by Palamos Boatbuild Ltd in Cornwall, England. A 1988 South West Export Award Winner, the Flica was designed and built for comfort and crossing oceans. Snowflake
is fitted out for long distance cruising, has sailed across the Atlantic multiple times, most recently with the current owner in December 2017. (EU VAT has been paid)
Many upgrades and extras have been added from 2014 through 2019, including watermaker, 885 watts of solar, replacement of windows and hatches, updated standing and running rigging, whisker pole, ground tackle and windlass, etc. See inventory list for full details.
*The Yanmar 2gm20 raw/saltwater cooled engine in starboard hull will need to be replaced. (Yanmar 2gm20fc fresh water cooled engine in port hull is in very good condition.)
*The needed replacement of the starboard engine is reflected in the asking price.Word from the owner:“I purchased Snowflake because I was looking for a comfortable vessel that could take me far and keep me safe. After looking at several other makes of catamarans, it was obvious that Snowflake was the boat I was looking for. Sailing her in the Mediterranean, through heavy storms in the Gulf de Lyon, across the Atlantic Ocean, and through dark squalls in the Eastern Caribbean, she never let me down. Snowflake has been my home for 6 years. She’s great fun to sail and extremely comfortable at sea and at anchor. The designer, Richard Woods has always been very responsive to my emails whenever I had questions when refitting the boat. It’s been a hard decision, but I’m deciding to sell her so I can follow my dreams and do a different type of sailing in higher latitudes.” Word from the Designer:“FLICA is the most comfortable boat we have ever sailed and feels very secure and stable, even in strong winds — in fact, neither of us would have any hesitation about sailing FLICA single-handed round the world.”Specs
- Builder: Palamos Boatbuild LTD; Cornwall, England;
- Designer: Richard Woods, Woods Designs;
- Year: 1987;
- Model: Flica F3.
Engines & Transmission
- LOA: 35’4”;
- LWL: 32’6”;
- Beam: 19’4”;
- Draft: 3’0";
- Displacement (empty): 4T;
- Headroom (minimum): 6’2”;
- Sail Area: 597 ft sq.
- 1 Yanmar 2GM20 raw/saltwater cooled (replacement required);
- 1 Yanmar 2GM20FC fresh water cooled (in very good condition);
- 2 Yanmar SD20 Saildrives (seals replaced in July 2018);
- Engine type: Inboard;
- Engine / fuel Type: Diesel;
- Engine Hours: unknown;
- Drive Type: Sail drives;
- Engine Power: 18 HP;
- 2 Maxprop feathering props;
- Cruising Speed under engine: 4 knots;
- Variety of spares included for engines.
- Fuel: 100 liters;
- Fresh Water: 200 liters.
Navigation and Communication
- Double stainless steel sink (new 2017);
- Waeco 12 volt refrigerator with small freezer (new 2013);
- Eno 2 burner stove and oven (new 2018);
- One 10# composite propane tank (new 2019);
- One 17# composite propane tank (new 2019);
- Xintex solenoid and gas detector (new 2018);
- Whale foot pump (fresh water) (rebuilt 2017);
- Thruhull in place for saltwater pump;
- Pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Garmin map 182C;
- Standard Horizon VHF GX1700 with DSC (new 2014);
- Autohelm ST3000 autopilot (Variety of spares included);
- AdvanSea S400 wind unit (new 2014);
- Windex (new 2014);
- Nasa RadioTelex Weatherman;
- Nasa Depth Instrument.
- Genoa (new 2017);
- Spare Genoa (requires re-stitching);
- Main (new 2017);
- Stack Pack for mainsail with lazy jacks (new 2014).
- Sloop rig with furling genoa;
- All running rigging replaced 2015;
- All standing rigging replaced 2015 (inspected by certified rigger 2019);
- Whisker pole (new 2015);
- All lines lead to cockpit;
- Furlex furler (new 2014);
- Stainless Lifelines (new 2014);
- Barton traveler system for main (new 2017);
- Bosun’s seat.
Deck and Hull
- 1 Harken self-tailing winch, #40 (new 2018);
- 1 Lewmar self-tailing winch #43 ;
- 1 Lewmar self-tailing #30;
- 1 Lewmar self-tailing #44;
- 4 Lewmar winches #16.
- Construction is reported as 600/300 GRP fiberglass, woven rovings and chopped strand matt over 12mm Divincell foam. Bridge deck and cabin top are of GRP and over laminated plywood. Hull is given additional strength by overlaid plywood floors and part/full bulkheads;
- Low aspect ratio keels protect semi-balanced rudders and sail drive units;
- Non-skid pattern across all deck surfaces, including coachroof. (Will require painting, paint has already been purchased and is included with sale.);
- Teak steering wheel with Edson steering system;
- Aluminum rub rail (new 2017);
- Stainless steel stern ladder with wooden steps (new 2018);
- Seven stainless steel cleats;
- Stainless steel framed bimini with sunbrella;
- Trampoline (new 2014);
- 2 Comfort Seat cushions;
- Bench helm seat (new 2014);
- 5 Lewmar low profile hatches installed (2014 - 2017);
- 8 Fixed windows replaced (2014);
- All portlights re-bedded and seals replaced (2017);
- Most deck hardware re-bedded (2017).
Mechanical and Electrical
- Primary anchor Mantus 55lb (new 2017) with Mantus swivel (new 2017) and bridle hook (new 2017);
- 35 foot long nylon bridle, adjustable according to anchoring depth (new 2017);
- 190 feet 3/8” High Test Galvanized Chain (new 2019) plus 40 feet of rode;
- Lofrans X3 Project 1500 watts 12 volt anchor windlass (new 2019) with 1/0 wiring (new 2019), plus 100 amp breaker (new 2019);
- Secondary anchor CQR 35lb with 30 feet of chain and 100 feet of rode;
- Stern anchor roller mounted on aft port side.
- House Bank: Four 12 volt 110 amp hour Victron AGM batteries - total 440 amp hours (new 2015);
- Starter Batteries: Two 12 volt 70 amp hour West Marine batteries (new 2018);
- Victron BMV-712 smart battery bank monitor, with bluetooth (new 2018);
- Morning Star MPPT 60 solar charger with Tri-Star TS-RM-2 remote meter (new 2016);
- 2 Victron Cyrix-ct 12/24-120 intelligent battery combiner (new 2018);
- One 55 amp alternator (new 2017);
- One 50 amp alternator;
- Three 295 watt Canadian CS6K-295MS solar panels (total 885 watts) (new 2018);;
- All sail drive seals and rubber boots replaced (2018);
- Complete engine maintenance March 2019;
- 1 Sirocco II 12 volt fan (new 2018);
- 1 Caframo Bora 12 volt fan (new 2018);
- Aquagiv 45 liter 12 volt DC water maker (new 2015) with 12 volt fresh water pump (new 2015) with test nozzle at galley sink (new 2015). Carbon filter installed for fresh water flush;
- 12 volt deck shower pump (new 2017) with new hose and nozzle added in 2018;
- All lights converted to LED (2018);
- New deck light (2018);
- Tank Tender monitoring system, 9 station, plumbed to water and fuel tanks;
- Eberspächer diesel central heating system;
- DC operated bilge alarms, total 4 (new 2017);
- 2 manual bilge pumps;
- 2 electric bilge pumps;
- One portable 12 volt emergency bilge pump;
- Inverter 2000 watts (EU/220);
- Shore power plug-in is EU/220.
- Wet head with shower sump pump;
- C-Head compost toilet (new 2017);
- Whale foot pump (fresh water) (rebuilt 2019).
- Zodiac 8’ inflatable dinghy with fiberglass bottom;
- Yamaha outboard, 2stroke 5 HP, with 3 gallon external tank;
- Small spare folding dinghy.
- Kannad Marine safe link, sports pro + GPS EPIRB (new 2017);
- Plastimo TransOcean 4 ISO 9650 4 person life raft (new 2017);
- LifeSling with rode;
- Horseshoe lifesaver;
- 2 PFD’s with harness attachments;
- Jacklines and harnesses;
- 3 fire extinguishers, with 2 additional: 1 in each engine compartment.
- Freshly painted 2018;
- Freshly varnished 2018 - 2019.
- 3 diesel jerry cans;
- 1 gasoline jerry can;
- 8 total fenders;
- 1 boat hook;
- Docking lines.
*Personal property will remain with the owner.