"Tehani-Li", a Tayana 52 For Sale
'Tehani-Li' has just finished a circumnavigation and is ready to go again. A Tayana 52 aft cockpit version, build in Taiwan, she is one of Robert Perry's favorite designs.
Aside from her sturdy construction, the teak detail down below is fantastic. A cutter rig sloop, she is one of the rare two cabin version model, giving the owners more living space inside and out. Her huge cockpit is perfect for entertaining and lazing around in the tropics.
A true Blue Water cruiser, often referred to as the 'Greyhound of the Ocean' she is fast (owners often had her flying along at 9 knots), comfortable and easily sailed by two people.
Her current owners have owned and sailed her for the last 12 years and have circumnavigated. They are offering her for sale as they are keen to move on to other projects.
'Tehani-Li' is in the Caribbean ready to take you to the beautiful islands a stone's throw away or beyond, as she already knows the way!
LOA: 52.4ft (16m)
Beam: 14.8ft (4.5m)
Draft: 7.0 ft (2.1m)
- Perkins 80HP 4-236, (new injector tips 2018) (new fresh water pump);
- Borg Wagner gear box C71 Vee drive with PSS seal;
- Flexible coupling (new rubbers 2019);
- 3 Blade Max Prop & spare fixed prop;
- Cutless bearing replaced end 2017.
- 2 fresh water tanks s/steel total 760 litres (200 gallons);
- 2 fuel tanks (1 S/steel and 1 black steel) total 550 litres (144 gallons);
- Holding tanks 1 133 litres (35 gallons);
- With macerator pump, manual pump and deck evacuation access.
- 2 double cabins;
- Settee in saloon opens up into double bed;
- 2 heads; 1 electric and 1 manual.
- 3 burner stove, Force 10 with oven and grill;
- Microwave oven, Sharp;
- Freezer and Large 2 fridge Eutectic 220/240 (new 2017);
- Hot and cold pressure water system with Grohe fittings;
- Trident Marine gas control and detector (new 2017);
- Dishes and crockery;
- Assorted cooking utensils, pots and pans.
- 2 Reverse cycle Air conditioning units, Lunaire Marine;
- Leather upholstery (new 2017);
- 8 Hood opening s/steel portholes (with mosquito net);
- 5 Bowmar cast aluminium hatches (with mosquito net);
- 5 Hella fans throughout;
- Teak and Holly floors.
- Raymarine wind instruments;
- NorthStar speed, depth and repeater;
- Furuno 1835 colour Radar (new 2017);
- Garmin GPS 152;
- AIS Vespermarine Watchmate Class B transceiver, USB interface for Open CPN (new 2016);
- VHF Garmin with DSC (new 2016);
- SSB Icom M710 with AT 130 tuner , Shakespeare antenna and Pactor 3 modem;
- Autopilot Coursemaster CM85i with Hydraulic drive;
- Stereo with CD & iPod aux dock, Kenwood with remote, inside and outside speakers;
- Xantrex 2500W Inverter/charger Heart interface controller;
- Flat screen TV Kogan with USB, 12V/240V.
- 6 Trojan T-105 (new Feb 2019);
- 1 Starter battery N-120.
- Westerbeke 5.5kW with sound shield (6333 hours).
- Schenker Modular 60, 12V completely automatic, 66 litres/hour (176 hours; new 2017).
- 10 and 12 mm dyform with Norseman terminals;
- Chain plates s/steel 316 (new 2015);
- Forestay (new 2015);
- Mast keel stepped Kemp (Selden) Aluminium and boom;
- Telescopic spinnaker pole mounted on mast;
- Battcars on mainsail;
- Forespar yacht rod (new 2017);
- Backstay Seaway Hydraulic Tensioner;
- Radar Reflector mounted on mast;
- LED Tricolour and anchor light;
- LED deck and steaming light.
- Headsail haylards 10mm dyneema (Feb 2019);
- Main Haylard 14 mm dyneema (2016);
- 2 spinnaker haylards 12mm polyester (2016);
- Headsail sheet lines 16mm polyester (2019);
- 2 staysail sheet lines 12mm polyester (2014);
- Main sheet 16mm polyester (2016);
- Running backstays S/steel and polyester;
- Mainsail reefing lines 2 x 10mm dyneema (2019).
- 2 Lewmar ST65 3 speed;
- 2 Lewmar ST46;
- 6 Lewmar ST40.
- 130% Genoa on profurl (new 2013);
- Main (new 2013) fully batten with 2 reef positions with lazy bag;
- Staysail on profurl (new 2017);
- Assymetric Spinnaker (new 2019) with ATN sock.
- Manson Supreme 80lb (2016) with 80metres 10mm chain, re-galvanised in 2017;
- Fortress FX37 Aluminium stowed on rail with spare chain and rode;
- Anchor windlass Lofrans Project X3 1500W with chain and rope capstan (rebuilt 2018) and up and down control;
- Wash down pump.
- AB 3.1 Aluminium (new 2013);
- 15 HP Yamaha enduro (new 2018).
Miscellaneous Gear & Equipment
- Liferaft Avon 4 man, in valise (last service March 2016);
- 2 406 Epirbs;
- 2 life slings;
- 3 inflatable life jackets with harness and tethers;
- Various other inflatable life jackets;
- Teak decks glued down and in good condition;
- Gas BBQ, Napoleon, mounted on rail.
- Full width cockpit Bimini & Dodger in Stamoid (2012);
- Full boat awning in Stamoid;
- Lee cloths and rear privacy screens;
- Cockpit cushions in Sunbrella
- Folding cockpit table with drinks holder in teak;
- Destroyer steering wheel;
- Edson pedestal with Ritchie globemaster compass.
- Monitor windvane self steering system;
- Boarding ladder in s/steel;
- Radar antenna tower with crane for outboard.
- 2 folding bicycles;
- 1 inflatable paddle board;
- snorkelling gear;
- fishing gear.
Huge inventory of tools and spares.
The boat (Tehani-Li) has had $40,000 worth of upgrades: including new instruments, factory refurbished Maxprop, underwater treatment with epoxy, varnish inside and out, new clears in dodger, new burners for stove.
She has been relaunched and is now in Panama, possibly transiting soon.