'Tumbledown Wind' a Contest 44 Yacht for Sale
by Mike Price
(Jersey, Channel Islands)
'Tumbledown Wind' is the perfect yacht that can be sailed by a couple in great comfort. She is strongly built to Lloyds hull specifications. An easily handled seagoing yacht capable of crossing oceans swiftly and just as happy making gentle coastal passages. She has been constantly updated by a very experienced husband and wife team who are both members of the Ocean Cruising Club.
Her massive inventory includes a 4kW generator (2013), water maker and Hydrovane self-steering (2013). An example of the yachts navigation and communications equipment is shown below.
If you are looking for a yacht fully equipped with everything needed to do the ARC and more, without spending a fortune, 'Tumbledown Wind' is the answer. Full specification and more photos available as pdf file on request.
Air Draft: 19.90m/65’4”
Hull material: GRP (to Lloyds)
Engine: Volvo TMD 31L. 100hp
Designer: Dick Zaal
Builder: Contest Yachts, Holland.
Location: St Helier, Jersey, Channel Islands
- Raymarine Evolution Autopilot with p70s control head (2017);
- Raymarine autopilot remote control (can be operated at chart table);
- Raymarine, Wind, Speed, Depth (2015);
- Nav and VMG displays;
- Steering compass on binnacle (2018);
- Raymarine C90W chart plotter on binnacle mounting (2013);
- Additional handheld GPS with mounting (2017);
- Hydrovane wind vane self-steering system mounted on transom centre line with control ropes leading back to cockpit (2013).
At chart table:
- Raymarine Axiom Multi Function Display (MFD) (2018);
- Raymarine GPS receiver and AIS receiver/transmitter (2013);
- Raymarine digital radar (2013);
- All above displayed on Axiom MFD;
- Raytheon multi function instrument display;
- Clock and Barometer;
- Electronic hand-bearing compass;
- Iridium Pilot satellite telephone system with 2 x telephone handsets (2013);
- SailMail ‘RedBox’ WiFi router;
- Icom IC-M710 HF/MF SSB transceiver with insulated backstay antenna and earth plate;
- P4 Dragon DR-7400 Pactor Modem with Bluetooth and leads to connect to IC-M710;
- Raymarine VHF with DSC (2015);
- Icom handheld VHF with docking station/charger.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Mar 28, 20 12:51 PM
SORRY, NOW SOLD! For more boats like this one that are currently for sale please go to Cruising Sailboats for Sale... After 33 years of Europe, Atlantic
Mar 04, 20 05:49 AM
A Deep Cycle Marine Battery is definitely the way to go, but which type is best? A liquid lead acid boat battery or one of the Valve-Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA) types? Find out here!
Mar 01, 20 07:24 PM
If you are looking for a fast, quality bluewater catamaran suitable for single-handing, take a look at this Broadblue 42, currently located in Grenada,