'Wind Spirit' a Newport 30 Mk3 for Sale
by Bruce & Michele
(Indiantown, Florida, USA)
'Wind Spirit' is a 30' Newport Mark III Bahamas Cruiser with New Upgrades.
'Wind Spirit' is a meticulously maintained and refitted 1985 Capital Yachts Newport 30 Mark III; a surprisingly spacious, fast sloop beautifully upgraded for comfortable cruising. Designed by Gary Mull, she is very similar to a Catalina 30, but slightly bigger and faster. Wind Spirit is a great couples boat for cruising in the Bahamas and Caribbean or for inexperienced sailors looking for a forgiving boat.
All lines lead aft to the cockpit, so she is easy to single-hand and points well into the wind. We learned how to sail on this boat, so shes very patient and forgiving at sea.
'Wind Spirit' is also a low-maintenance boat with little exterior wood to varnish, 63-inches of headroom and lots of storage.
After refurbishing her engine in 2014, my wife and I shipped our Oregon fresh-water boat to Indiantown, Florida in September 2015 where we painstakingly upgraded her on the hard from the outer-hull inward for years of safe, reliable cruising in the Bahamas.
Fortunately for you, the hard, grinding and shockingly expensive work of getting her refitted and upgraded has already been done... especially the crucial physical/mechanical details that often go unappreciated until you skirt a potential disaster.
We're refitting & upgrading our other sailboat in a slip near 'Wind Spirit', so any time is a good time see her. Air-conditioning while on the hard makes her a pleasure to see on hot days, too! 'Wind Spirit' is definitely a MUST-SEE before buying any other coastal cruiser... and she looks as good in person as she does in the photos!
- LED Marinebeam nav lights;
- ProFurl 320 roller furler;
- Custom, polished stainless dual-anchor roller;
- 35-lb CQR anchor with 150’ of rode;
- Pre-wired with 2/0 Ancor cable for optional windlass;
- Spinnaker halyard with Garhauer block;
- New running rigging with heavy-duty Garhuer blocks;
- New 1/4-inch standing rigging;
- New heavy-duty, uncoated lifelines;
- Tides Marine Mainsail Track, very slippery for easy use;
- Dual LED deck lights;
- Marinebeam LED steaming light;
- Aqua Marine LED anchor light;
- Forespar Lightning Master Static Dissipater;
- Garhauer boom-vang and blocks/deck organizer;
- New Selden boom;
- In-boom Single-line Reefing;
- Polished 1/4 stainless sternrail support braces for secure boarding;
- New Ritchie pedestal-mounted compass;
- Edson pedestal wheel steering;
- New engine panel for Universal M25 Diesel engine;
- SmartPlug 30-amp shorepower connector;
- Marine cockpit speakers (new);
- Propane locker, solenoid valve;
- Raymarine ST60 Speed display;
- Raymarine ST60 Depth display;
- Starboard cockpit table;
- Custom closed-cell foam cockpit cushions made with 'Wind Spirit' logo;
- Teak companionway boards;
- Sunbrella companionway cover with zippered screen;
- Remote RAM mike for Standard Horizon IGX1260S VHF;
- 2-Burner Stove/Oven w/ broiler;
- Ambassador mirror-finish deep, double sink;
- Pressurized faucet with pull-out sprayer;
- Fresh-water & salt-water foot pumps;
- 6-gallon water heater / 110-volt or engine heat exchanger;
- Original icebox converted to dry storage;
- Engel top-loading 42-qt. AC/DC refrigerator (see below);
- Custom pull-out garbage can with louvered teak door;
- Fold-up utility table on galley island;
- Xantrex S-2A dual-sensor propane controller/detection system;
- Xantrex Freedom HF 110-volt battery-charger/1000-watt inverter;
- Two 130 AH 12-volt house bank batteries;
- Dedicated engine starter-battery with a Blue Sea ACR charge controller;
- Blue Sea AC control panel with voltage & amp meters;
- Blue Sea DC panel with voltage & amp meters;
- LED cabin dome/reading lights;
- New Marine electrical wiring with Ancor heat-shrink connectors ;
- All windows resealed with Dow 795 sealant. No leaks!
- Custom Ultraleather salon cushions become pillow-top mattresses without needing to store unused cushions;
- New PEX fresh-water plumbing;
- 50-gallon fresh water storage;
- 30-gallon diesel fuel tank;
- New prop shaft and cutlass bearing.
RACOR Crankcase Ventilation Filtration (2014)
The crankcase breather system routes crankcase gases and oil vapor back into the air intake system instead of venting into the cabin like many other boats. .
Engel Drop-In 42-quart Counter Top AC/DC Refrigerator draws low power at max. of 2.8 Amps and is compatible with solar panels."One of the advantages of a compressor-driven portable refrigerator is that it can also serve as a freezer. And compared to thermo-electric coolers, they require fewer amps to do the job."