'Wind Spirit', Newport 30 Mk III Racer/Cruiser for Sale
by Bruce Dunn
(Indiantown, Florida, USA)
Over $23,000 of recent refits & upgrades!
'Wind Spirit' is a renovated 1985 Capital Yachts Newport 30 Mark III; a surprisingly spacious, fast sloop beautifully upgraded for comfortable island cruising for two or more. All lines lead aft to the cockpit, so she is easy to single-hand.
After removing and upgrading the engine in 2014, my wife and I shipped our Oregon fresh-water boat to Indiantown, FL in September 2015. We painstakingly rebuilt her on the hard from the outer-hull inward for years of safe, reliable sailing. We sailed to the Bahamas in May 2017 and returned a few months later to Indiantown Marina. Now our teenage grandkids want to sail with us each summer, so we bought a larger boat.
Fortunately for you, the hard, grinding and shockingly expensive work of getting her thoroughly repaired and upgraded has already been done. All you have to do is add your own personal touches and go sailing! We look forward to having you see her in-person.
We live on our other boat in a slip near 'Wind Spirit', so any time is a good time see her. We’ll also be here to assist you with questions after your purchase.
RACOR Crankcase Ventilation Filtration (2014)
- Custom, polished stainless dual-anchor roller;
- LED Marinebeam nav lights;
- ProFurl 320 roller furler;
- Maxwell RC8-8 chain/rope windlass with capstan and handheld controller;
- 150-ft G40 5/16 anchor chain;
- 35-lb CQR anchor;
- AquaJet anchor wash-down system;
- Spinnaker halyard with Garhauer block;
- New running rigging with heavy-duty Garhuer blocks;
- New 1/4 standing rigging;
- New heavy-duty, uncoated lifelines;
- New Tides Marine Mainsail Track, very slippery for easy use;
- Dual LED deck lights;
- Marinebeam LED steaming light;
- Aqua Marine LED anchor light;
- Forespar Lightning Master Static Dissipater;
- Garhauer boom-vang and blocks/deck organizer;
- New Selden boom with in-boom single-line reefing;
- Custom PlasTeak full-size folding swim platform with ladder;
- Polished 1/4 stainless sternrail support braces for secure boarding;
- New Ritchie pedestal-mounted compass;
- Edson pedestal wheel steering;
- Westerbeke engine panel for Universal M25 diesel engine;
- SmartPlug 30-amp shorepower connector;
- Marine cockpit speakers (new);
- Propane locker, solenoid valve;
- Magma Cabo propane grill;
- Raymarine ST60 Speed display;
- Raymarine ST60 Depth display;
- Starboard cockpit table;
- Custom closed-cell foam cockpit cushions made with 'Wind Spirit' logo;
- Teak companionway boards;
- Sunbrella companionway cover with zippered screen;
- Remote RAM mike for Standard Horizon IGX1260S VHF;
- Seaward Princess 3-Burner Stove/ Large Oven;
- Ambassador mirror-finish deep, double sink;
- Pressurized faucet with pull-out sprayer;
- Fresh-water & salt-water foot pumps;
- 6-gallon water heater / 110-volt or engine heat exchanger;
- Original icebox converted to dry storage;
- Engel top-loading 42-qt. AC/DC refrigerator (see below);
- Custom pull-out garbage can with louvered teak door;
- Fold-up utility table on galley island;
- Xantrex S-2A dual-sensor propane controller/detection system;
- Xantrex Freedom HF 110-volt battery-charger/1000-watt inverter;
- Two 130 AH 12-volt house bank batteries;
- Dedicated engine starter-battery with dedicated Blue Sea ACR charge controller;
- Blue Sea AC control panel with voltage & amp meters;
- Blue Sea DC panel with voltage & amp meters;
- LED cabin dome/reading lights;
- New Marine electrical wiring with Ancor heat-shrink connectors ;
- All windows resealed with Dow 795 sealant. No leaks!;
- Custom Ultraleather salon cushions with back cushions that become a pillow-top mattress when made into a bed;
- Dometic SailVac sanitation system with full-size toilet. Keyed discharge pump with tank level indicators;
- New PEX fresh-water plumbing;
- 50-gallon fresh water storage;
- 30-gallon diesel fuel tank;
- Stripped bottom-paint to gel coat and replaced with 3-coats of Copper Pro SCX 67 Hard - SLIME CONTROL XTRA and 2-coats of Copper Pro SCX 67 Ablative (67% copper);
- New prop shaft and cutlass bearing.
The crankcase breather system routes crankcase gases and oil vapor back into the air intake system for environmental safety.Engel Drop-In 42-quart Counter Top AC/DC Refrigerator
Compressor draws low power at max. of 2.8 Amps and is compatible with solar panels."One of the advantages of a compressor-driven portable refrigerator is that it can also serve as a freezer. And compared to thermo-electric coolers, they require fewer amps to do the job."
(Practical Sailor)Dometic SailVac"We recommend the VacuFlush system for the sailor who wants to be extra-stingy with water and wants the conveniences of a vacuum-type system."
Asking Price: $36,900
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Dec 13, 18 05:44 AM
We (a family with two kids) bought Falkor in spring 2015 from the first owner. We were looking for a solid bluewater yacht. Falkor convinced us with
Dec 08, 18 02:49 PM
Ready to live the dream? Then browsing through this listing of live aboard boats for sale might just get you on your way...
Dec 08, 18 01:38 PM
'Windward Lady', a centre cockpit, fin keel, monohull sloop, was launched in 1989. The Westerly Oceanlord is a well proven, sturdy, long distance cruiser,