1978 Morgan 382
by Gil Entzminger
Note to Seller: Please provide saiboat-cruising.com with your contact details.
Without them, we won't be able to send any interested parties your way.
1978 Morgan 382. These boats are known for their solid construction and seaworthy design. Solid fiberglass below the waterline, foam core above, no wood core to rot. We have owned the boat for a few years and have made many upgrades, but no longer have the time to devote to her. She needs a good partner to finish the upgrades and take her on the next journey.
Morgan 382 Specification:
Hull Type: Fin Keel & Skeg-Hung Rudder
Rigging Type: Masthead Sloop
Length Overall: 38'4"
Waterline Length: 30'6"
Construction: GRP (Fibreglass)
Ballast Type: Lead
Built by: Morgan Yachts (USA)
Designed by: Ted Brewer & Jack Corey
First Built: 1977
Last Built: 1982
Number Built: 300
Morgan 382 Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 16
Comfort Ratio: 29.2
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9
Sailboat-Cruising.com asks: Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
Here are some more details about the boat and recent upgrades:
- Hull and deck are in good condition;
- Brightwork needs to be repaired/refinished, mostly stripped;
- B&G multi-function navigation, and auxiliary display;
- B&G depth and speed thru-hull;
- B&G anemometer;
- Vesper Marine AIS system;
- B&G VHF radio;
- 20 amp battery charger;
- Solar panels;
- Ground isolation system;
- 16,000 BTU AC system under the V-berth, ducted throughout;
- Holding tank under head vanity, old holding tank in keel converted to bilge;
- Sigma drive shaft coupling;
- 3 blade prop;
- New alcohol stove and oven on gimbal;
- 3QM30 Yanmar engine, 30 HP, runs strong and smooth, transmission shifts well, no smoke and good flow of exhaust water;
- Heat exchanger to 6 gallon hot water heater, also runs on AC power;
- Two shore power AC circuits;
- All navigation lights work and have been converted to LED;
- All interior lights have been converted to LED;
- Custom cockpit cushions in new condition;
- Interior cushions in good condition;
- Interior woodwork has some water stains and will require some repair;
- Toilet and shower work, water pressure system works, shower drain pump works;
- All hoses replaced since we have owned the boat, water, engine, fuel, exhaust, etc;
- 65 feet of anchor chain and 200+ feet of rode;
- Sails are in fair conditions and suitable for day cruising, replace if interested in longer passages.
As far as I know, everything works on the boat. The boat is in good condition and is suitable for an entry level cruising boat for someone who wants to enjoy sailing and does not mind a little work to finish the repairs and upgrades.
Asking Price: $24,750 or best offer.
Jan 22, 21 07:45 AM
'WYRD' is a 1981 Tartan 37. This classic Sparkman & Stephens design performance cruiser, hull #309 is a clean example of one of the most desirable Tartan's
Jan 20, 21 04:25 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!
Jan 18, 21 04:55 AM
'About Time', a centreboard version of the Sabre 38, is the perfect combination of a racer-cruiser that can take you around to the Florida Keys, the Bahamas,