2006 Leopard 40
S/V 'Sea Sparrow' is a Non-Chartered boat that is for sale by owners. The award winning 2006 Leopard 40 has proven itself as a great cruising catamaran since its inception. SeaSparrow is a lightly used Leopard as it has averaged less than 5 months at sea per year while being safely stowed on the hard when not in use. This boat has been meticulously cared for (maintenance records available upon request) and upgraded by its owners and this high level of maintenance is evident in the appearance and condition of her operating systems.
For those interested in sailing immediately SeaSparrow is truly a turn key catamaran. The sale will include everything needed for the potential buyer including spares, tools, linen, cutlery, Honda 2000 generator, swim/snorkel/scuba equipment, etc. etc. Also included is a Walker Bay 310 dinghy with rarely found centre console and seating along with a Mercury 15hp outboard.
Owners are currently sailing in the Caribbean in Antigua area. This a a great boat at a great price, and is the opportunity you have been waiting for to realize the dream of sailing the Caribbean or the World.
Designer - Morrelli and Melvin
Builder - Robertson & Caine Cape Town, South Africa
Year Built - 2006
Country Flag - Canada
Construction - GRP Vacuum bagged Balsa sandwich
Length Overall - 39ft 3 in / 11.97 m
LWL - 37 ft 6 in / 11.43 m
Beam - 20 ft 1 in / 6.13 m
Headroom - 6 ft 6 in / 2.0M
Draft - 3 ft 10 in / 1.18 m
Displacement - 16820 lbs / 7,630 kg
Mast height - 61ft 11 in / 18.86m
- 4 cabins
- 2 heads are each equipped with toilets, holding tanks, hand basins, showers & mirrors.
- single sleeping berth in the bow of each hull. This berth could also be converted for storage use.
- Hot & cold pressurized water in the galley and heads.
- Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF radio with AIS capability
- Handheld Icom VHF
- Raymarine RC 435 Chartplotter
- Raymarine ST60 Wind Speed/ Direction Indicator
- Raymarine ST40 Depth Sounder
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot
- Jensen stereo system with Bose speakers in cockpit USB/ Bluetooth/ Aux capability
- Bad Boy Extreme Wifi antenna with hotspot capability
- 3 X 210 Ah Lifeline house battery bank, new March 2016
- 2 separate starter batteries, new 2016 port/ 2017 stbd
- Xantrex Linkpro battery monitor system
- Victron Centaur 12V 40A battery charger
- 4 X 90W solar panels with Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000 controller
- Honda 2000 generator with 50A and 30A adapter cables to permit direct charging of house battery bank
- 6 x 110 Vac and 3 x 12 Vdc outlets
- LED lighting throughout boat with LED blue lighting in cockpit and salon areas
- Bosun's chair
- Customized cockpit seat cushions
- Sun shades for salon windows
- Pull down sun screens for cockpit area
- Customized reinforced dinghy davits
- Movie projector and screen for viewing shows in cockpit
- 3 fishing rods, holders, and tackle equipment
- 2 bean bag chairs
- Magma Newport gas grill plumbed into main propane supply
- Snorkel/ Scuba gear
- Medical kit
Engines & Tankage:
- 2 X D1-30 Volvo Penta 29 HP diesel engines with sail drives
- Approx 3300 hours on each engine
- 2 X 100 gallon fresh water
- 4 X 5 gallon water jugs
- Diesel Fuel 2 X 46 gallons
- 2 X 5 gallon diesel jugs
- Holding 2 X 7 gallons
- 2 X 5 gallon hot water heaters
- Walker Bay 310 inflatable with centre console and seating
- Mercury 15hp 2 Stoke outboard
Sails & Rigging:
- Quantum genoa Profurl furler
- Fully battened Quantum main sail
- Customized stack pack bag and UV strip for genoa
- Sail bags for stowage
- Standing rigging inspected and upgraded Jan 2017
- 2 X Harken 46PR winches at helm station and 2 X 40PR Harken winches at mast
- Galley up with corian counters providing access to salon and cockpit areas
- Force 10 2 burner stove with oven
- Seafrost 12Vdc freezer/ fridge with remote temperature control and monitoring
- Double stainless steel sink with pullout faucet
- Dish drying sink with drain
- Plates, bowls, pots, pans, cutlery, etc.
Ground Tackle/ Safety Gear:
- Primary anchor 45lb Manson Supreme new Nov 2014
- Secondary Anchor 45lb delta with 30' chain and 250' rope rode
- Third anchor 33lb Bruce
- 200' 10/30 mm Maggi chain new March 2016
- Lewmar 1000W windlass new Jan 2017
- Fenders and docking lines
- Hurricane tie down straps (4)
- Safety lines with clips on harnesses (4)
- ACR ResQlink personal locator beacon
- 10 man liferaft
- Fire extinguishers, flares, air horn, etc.
- Manual Whale bilge pumps (2) and electrical bilge pumps (4)
- Thousands of dollars worth of tools and spares included.
Asking Price -
$229,000 now $219,000 (USD)
Please click here to contact the owner by email...
Thinking of Buying a Secondhand Sailboat?
For some Absolutely Essential Money-Saving Advice click here...
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jun 14, 18 10:11 AM
Hauling out your boat and laying her up safely ashore at the end of the the sailing season is not something to take lightly. Here's how to do it right.
Jun 14, 18 06:56 AM
LED Boat Lights are definitely the way to go for both cabin lighting and navigation lights - around 90% savings in power consumption and 50,000 hours before they need replacing!
Jun 12, 18 01:47 PM
It's always a good thing to get the ballast as low down as possible on a sailboat, which is why the bulb keel is so popular on performance boats. Here's how we built and fitted ours