23' Custom SailAbout 23
by Tom Hepp
(Appleton, Maine USA)
Sailing the Maine Coast
SailAbout 23 for Sale
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
This unique, one of a kind pocket cruiser was professionally designed and built for comfort and safety.
This custom boat sleeps four and is ready to sail away.
Sale includes dual axle trailer, Mercury 4 hp four cycle outboard engine with two 3 gal external fuel tanks, three sails, 8' tender with paddle, Richie sailboat compass, porta-potty, solar panel, two anchors, cockpit cushions, butane cook stove, bilge pump and more.
SailAbout was launched in 2005 and has been stored inside when not in use so is in like new condition. Ample storage space is available with 20 separate enclosed lockers, twelve of which are equipped with water tight hatches for reserve buoyancy in an emergency.Specifications:
Length on waterline 20'6"
Length on deck 23'00"
Length overall 30'00"
Draft board up 1'3"
Draft board down 5'00"
Displacement - 2700 lbs. (includes 44 removable concrete ballast blocks @ 8 lbs. each = 350 lbs.)12 volt electrical system with 110 amp hour deep cycle battery. (new 2012)Sailing rig
Mainsail sail with reef points - 91.5 sq. ft.
Roller furling jib - 52.25 sq. ft.
Mizzen sail - 22.5 sq. ft.Trailer
Venture Dual axle 4700 lb. capacity. (complete service and new breaks shoes installed 2015) Towing weight 1000 lbs.Located in Appleton, Maine (presently stored inside) Asking $14,500Call Tom at 207-323-3133 or e-mail email@example.com for additional information.SailAbout Equipment List - Included with sale
Contact Tom Hepp Appleton, Maine USA 207-323-3133, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three sails - Main, jib and mizzen, with sheets, jib toggle and boomkin;
- 4 hp four cycle Mercury engine (new 2005);
- 2 - three gallon external fuel tanks;
- 2 - 2½ gallon reserve tanks (total fuel capacity - 11 gallons);
- Venture dual axel 4700 lb. capacity trailer. (New brake shoes 2015);
- 12v - 114 amp hour deep cycle battery (new August 2012);
- 12 volt electrical system with link 10 battery monitoring system and portable battery charger;
- 140 watt inverter;
- 6 - 12 volt plug in cabin lights;
- One 15 watt solar battery charging panel;
- 1 Danforth anchor with 100’ rode on port side;
- 1 Fortress anchor with 100’ rode on starboard side;
- Glowmate butane cook stove;
- One - Five gallon water container;
- Large portable cooler;
- Sunshade with rigging. Stowed in port cockpit locker;
- Two three inch thick cockpit cushions and eight cabin cushions;
- Two 1 gal potable glass water containers;
- Four 1 gal general use plastic water containers;
- Extra ballast blocks;
- 12 volt oscillating fan;
- Assorted galley items - saucepan, skillet, six piece stemware set;
- Stainless ware for four - can / bottle opener;
- Sana potty;
- 4 fenders and 4 dock lines (two lines forward and two aft);
- Ritchie sailboat compass mounted in drop-board, stowed in starboard cockpit locker;
- 7’ - 10” Tender and paddle (3” to the foot model of SailAbout);
- Stern light (stowed in port cockpit locker);
- Hand powered bilge pump (stowed in port cockpit locker);
- Two companion way drop boards with lock and key;
- Companion way screen (replaces upper drop board for ventilation);
- Life jackets;
- Tie down strap with 4 foam protectors;
- Small whistle (stowed in captain’s locker);
- Extra galley basin;
- Oar / boathook;
- Tool box - with assorted tools, spare fuses and spark plugs. (stowed in starboard cockpit locker);