Just how do you go about choosing a cruising sailboat from all the different designs and variations on offer?
Unless you apply some logical process to it it's all too easy to end up with the wrong boat. Allowing your heart to rule your head with these beguiling machines can lead to a deal of disappointment.
Wouldn't it be great to have a practical, no-nonsense approach which would avoid the many pitfalls?
Well, there is - and it's a completely new way of going about it.
Put simply, it's a logical 3-stage process of elimination - and it's set out in detail in our new eBook 'How to Avoid Buying the Wrong Sailboat'.
The whole process is thought-provoking and enjoyable, both for sailors searching for a new sailboat - and those dreaming of the day when they might be.
If you were to buy a new or previously-owned cruising sailboat it will cost you thousands.
With that kind of outlay it would be a shame to buy the wrong one, to put it mildly.
Our eBook 'How to Avoid Buying the Wrong Sailboat' is no lightweight, with its:
will ensure that you won't buy the wrong one, yet it costs just $9.99!
1. The Four Fundamental Questions for Sailboat Ownership. Odds are you've never thought these through properly before, but now you can - and you must!
Once completed you will know exactly what your boat ownership aspirations, requirements and obligations will be.
2. A full list of sailboat variations. There are more than 60 design features and variations for your consideration, under the broad headings of:
This is the innovative part of the ebook. It requires you to deselect those features and variations that are clearly incompatible with your answers to the Four Fundamental Questions of Sailboat Ownership - a vital chunk of knowledge when looking at secondhand boats.
3. An A to Z of fixed gear and equipment - or more accurately an A (Autopilot) through to W (Windvane Self-Steering) - for you to select your preferences from.
4. Fully illustrated articles discussing the sailboat features and variations that you'll consider when creating your Personal Sailboat Checklist.
5. Representative examples of two very different types of cruising sailors, working their way through the charted process of elimination and creating their individual Personal Sailboat Checklists.
A separate editable document 'Your Sailboat Checklist' is included with the download of 'How to Avoid Buying the Wrong Sailboat' for the creation of your own personal checklist.
You are here: Sailboat Cruising > How to Avoid Buying the Wrong Sailboat