'Sea Wraith', my Hustler 35 Sailboat for Sale
by owner Jamie Dobson
The Hustler 35 sailboat was designed by Don Pye of Holman & Pye and built by the Tyler Boat Company as a hugely capable classic offshore cruiser between 1970 to 1979.
'Sea Wraith' was originally owned by the Royal Navy Sailing Association and officially launched by HRH Princess Anne in 1971.
The Hustler 35 sailboat was created to be used as a fast cruiser but rapidly became popular in the racing fraternity. The Tyler Boat Company built these boats to Royal Navy specifications, so they are strong and durable.
My Hustler 35 'Sea Wraith', currently located on the Medway in Kent (England), has recently had an extensive mechanical and equipment refurbishment to ensure she is absolutely ready to take on new adventures.
Recent Mechanical works completed:
- Recently installed fully professionally rebuilt Westerbeke 30hp engine with new engine beds;
- Full refurbishment of the propulsion system with new cutlass bearing, shaft with gland and a new propeller;
- New stainless fuel tank;
- New engine control panel;
- New fuel lines, fuel filter and water separator;
- New water intake strainer and commercial hoses;
- Majority of sea cocks replaced;
- New engine control cables and lever;
- New Standard Horizon VHF;
- New Nasa instruments – Wind, Depth & Speed;
- New battery cables;
- New anchor and chain;
- New exhaust system with water lock, new exhaust hose and stainless exhaust outlet.
- Engine: 1 x diesel 27hp;
- Engine: Westerbeke 30b;
- Engine Hours: 270 hours;
- Engine Cooling: Indirect;
- Steering: Tiller
- Drive: Shaft
- Propellor: 3 Blade Bronze (new);
- Fuel consumption (approx): 1.1 ltr/h
- Cruising speed (approx): 3 knots
- Max speed (approx.): 6 knots
- Fuel capacity: 108 ltr (4.4 USG), Total - 1 Tank
- Water capacity: 20.0 ltr (26.4 USG), Total - 2 Tanks
'Sea Wraith's Westerbeke 30hp marine diesel engine
- GRP construction
- Fin keel and skeg-hung rudder
- Length overall: 10.60m
- Waterline length: 7.60m
- Beam: 3.30m
- Draft: 1.80m
- Displacement: 6,000kg (13,230lbs)
'Sea Wraith's underwater profile
Sails & Spars
- Reefing mainsail Lucas - (unknown year);
- Headsail Unknown - (unknown year);
- Other sails Storm Jib No1 (unknown year);
- Genoa No 1 (unknown year);
- Light Jib - Racing (unknown year);
- Genoa No's 2 and 3 (unknown year);
- Tri Sail (unknown year);
- Spinnaker (unknown year):
- Sloop rigged Proctor Aluminium spars (1979) with Stainless Steel standing rigging (2009).
- Pacific Pilot windvane self-steering gear;
- Lewmar anchor windlass and winches.
- Two 12v batteries charged by engine.
- Total number of berths: 5
- Number of double berths: 1
- Number of single berths: 3
- Cabins: 2
- Sink: 1
- Shower: 1
- Heads: 1 Sea Toilet
- 1 freshwater tank fitted plus a spare/new
- Fridge is a coolbox
- 2 burner propane stove.
Asking Price and Contacting the Owner
I'm asking £17,000 for my Hustler 35 'Sea Wraith'.
If you wish to get in touch for more info or to make an offer, you can find my contact details here...
Owner: Jamie Dobson
Jun 07, 23 01:51 AM
Looking for used sailboats for sale that are capable of crossing an ocean? These cruising yachts are already in the Caribbean, but what are the risks and benefits of buying out there?
Jun 04, 23 08:32 AM
If you're looking for a unique Bluewater Cruising Yacht for sale in the Caribbean, then 'Shindig' is certainly worth a look...
Jun 04, 23 06:26 AM
Here's where people with sailing equipment for sale advertise their stuff entirely free of charge. If you're looking for used sailing gear or other used boating accessories, here's where to find it!