'Allorshas', an Irwin 40 MKII Citation for Sale
(Boston, Massachusetts USA)
Under sail in Boston
'Allorshas', my 1981 Irwin 40 MKII Citation combines comfort with speed. Generous use of teak is made throughout the spacious white interior, from the bureau fiddle fronts to the rich ceiling panels.
There are more pics below...
She draws 4'3" with the centerboard up and 7'0" when down. With the genoa furled to 120% and the centerboard down, she will point better into the wind than most modern yachts and will not roll when sailing downwind with the centerboard up. And the centerboard allows easy access to shallow waters and docking at marinas subjected to low tides. 'Allorshas'
is the perfect boat to cruise the Bermudas or Key West!Irwin 40 Citation General Specification:
Underwater Profile: Centreboard Keel & Skeg-Hung Rudder
Rig: Masthead Sloop
Length Overall: 40'10" (12.4m)
Waterline Length: 31'2" (9.5m)
Beam: 12'2" (3.7m)
Displacement: 16,890lb (7.661kg)
Construction: GRP (fiberglass)
Built by: Irwin Yachts (USA)
Designed by: Ted Irwin
First Built: 1978Irwin 40 Citation Published Design Ratios:
Sail Area/Displacement: 18.0
Comfort Ratio: 27.5
Capsize Screening Formula: 1.9Sailboat-Cruising.com asks:
Need some guidance with all aspects (including those mysterious but all-revealing Design Ratios) of buying a secondhand boat? If so, you may want to take a look at our Boat Buyer's Bundle...
I have owned 'Allorshas'
for 20 years and she has been very well maintained and upgraded:
- 2020 Hull Paint;
- 2020 Bottom water barrier + paint;
- Yanmar 3 YM30 with KM2P 262:1 transmission – 500 hours;
- 2010 new Shaft + Michigan 3 Blade propeller;
- Rudder bearings;
- Solar panel 5 Watts + Solar panel 15 Watts;
- 2 Kw inverter;
- 1000 Amps starting battery and 750 Deep battery;
- Brand new Dodger and Bimini Frame;
- Large 36 inches Steering Wheel + Autohelm 4000;
- Main +160% Genoa and Spinnaker + pole;
- Lazy bag + Regular Mainsail cover;
- 2 Burners + Oven, propane;
- 110 Volts Fridge;
- All new 11 Portholes;
- 2 New Cabin deck hatches;
- New Dyneema Lifelines with gates;
- JVC FM Radio + Bose speakers;
- Icom VHF Radio;
- 6 large Fenders;
- New 4 Dock lines 30 ft;
- New 2 Dock lines 50 ft;
- Second set of main and genoa;
- 1 Danforth + 1 Delta anchors;
- West Marine 8 Ft inflatable dinghy with sitting and cover.
'Allorshas' Underway The Navigation Station The Interior Layout The Head The Cockpit The Helm