'Ananda', a Cherubini 44' Sailboat for Sale
by Bart Jones
'Ananda' is a 44 foot Cherubini ketch, 1979, in exceptionally good condition.
The perfect combination of traditional and modern features: Westerbeke 63B engine, Onan 4kw genset, in-mast furling main and mizzen, profurl roller furling jib, electric Genoa winches (all Doyle sails including a brand new 2019 mainsail), bow thruster, Sea Frost refrigerator, Evolution Drive, Raymarine autopilot and Tridata instruments, Garmin touch screen chart plotter/radar, AB Inflatable (2015) with 2-1/2 hp Lehr and 15 hp Yamaha motors.
There are a lot more pics and data at Ananda-the-Cherubini.com
Data and Equipment (more details)
Hull ID #CVJ000071177 CG Documentation: 605075
Tankage (U.S. gallons)
- Forward Water: 45;
- Aft Water: 55;
- Forward Fuel: 50;
- Aft Fuel:47;
- Holding tank: 8.5 gal;
- Propeller 18 dia x 16 pitch;
- Zinc: Camp Propeller Nut DD;
- Shaft system: Evolution Marine Shaft System coupling CPL4B X 1-1/4.
- Westerbeke; Model: 63B; S/N U1879-D007; Spec. #: HBW-250;
- Rebuild: 2016, engine hours 6815;
- Rebuild: 2005, engine hours 2177;
- impeller kit #033104;
- Oil Filter: Westerbeke #35828;
- Fuel Filter: Westerbeke #24363;
- Racor Fuel Filter: #2010TMOR;
- Zinc 11885;
- (2) fan belts: 31/64" X 44-7/8" (12.5/13mm X 1140mm) Gates 9447;
- Transmission new 9/19/16: Hurth HBW 250 (ZF 25M) 2.7:1, .75 liter (0.8 qt) Dexron III (17mm wrench);
- Cooling system: 10 US quarts;
- Oil sump: 5.3 quarts;
- Oil grade: API specification CC or CD POWER.
- Onan Model: MDKC 4 KW;
- S/N D650785867;
- Raw water impeller: 132-0316 (imp), 132-0315 (gasket);
- Fuel filter: Onan 149-1914-05;
- Oil Filter: Onan #122-0827 or Fleetguard #LF3462 or Fram #PH3593A, NAPA 1334;
- Racor Fuel Filter: #2010TMOR.
Xantrex Freedom SW 2000; Battery monitor: Xantrex Link 2000.Batteries
- Gel Cell (818 AH total) (Deka - East Penn): Starting battery;
- port, aft=(1) 8G4D, 183 AH House battery bank (635 AH);
- fwd=(1) 8G27, 86 AH;
- stbd, nav station=(3) 8G4D, 183 AH (635 AH House total).
- Water Heater: Isotemp by Indel Marine 6.5 gal, S/N 308247, mtg feet 10-1/4 centers, 15" dia X 18" lgFW;
- pump: Shurfl
- 4901-4212, 45 PSI, 10 Amps;
- Sealand 808 Vacuflush head with holding tank (aft). S/N 8083007522;
- Lockable Raritan pump-head, n
- holding tank (fwd);
- Refrigerator: Sea Frost 134A BG 1000, 110v;
- Parker Village Marine Tec Watermaker, LWM-150, Pump produces 10 GPH @800 psi, membranes: (2) 2-1/2" X 19" long.
Sails & Rigging
- VHF Standard Horizon model GX2100, MMSI 338094631;
- Garmin 5208 touch screen chart plotter and a spare;
- Garmin AIS 600;
- Radar: Garmin GMR 18 HD;
- Automatic Pilot: Raymarine ST8002 controller (S/N 0280331), R Drive, Type 2, 12v (S/N 0280018), S3G corepack & Gyr
- (S/N 0680033);
- Raymarine Tridata ST60 Plus (S/N 040294);
- Compass: Danforth-White S/N K46218;
- Forespar Combination Bow & Foredeck light, ML-2 P/N 132000, LED bulb WN211 festoon type, P/N 132025, 20 watt quartz halogen bulb, P/N 132035.
- Main mast 56' 4-3/4" extrusion, 57' 9" overall bridge clearance to water;
- Mizzen mast extrusion: 39', 39'11" overall;
- Profurl roller furling jib;
- Hood Stoway, main and mizzen;
- Burgee dimensions: 16"hoist X 24";
- Ensign: 24" X 36";
- Ideal Windlass model No. CHWSO, S/N GA-52;
- Ultra 60# Anchor, CQR 45#, Fortress G-55 29#, 3-piece Luke Fisherman 80#;
- Forespar LED Deck and steaming light;
- Doyle Genoa, Mainsail, Mizzen, and Spinnaker.
- Cockpit and waterways: Perfection YHA184 Mediterranean White;
- Topsides: Awlgrip Jade Mist H4089;
- Decks: Brightside Bristol Beige Y4207;
- Brightwork: Cetol Natural Teak (outside), Captains Varnish 1015 (inside);
- Bottom Paint: Interlux Micron CSC5582-GA.
- Water filter: Seagull IV Part 788000 RS-1SG (General Ecolology);
- Seaward three burner propane stove model 3172, S/N 537009, (562) 699-7997.
- 15 HP Yamaha model (15FMH) 684C; S/N S407608W, spark plugs: B7HS10, Carborator: KEI HIN, 63VOOOKH29;
- Lehr Model LP2.5S, S/N: LP2.5S12K0250.
- AB model 9AL; S/N XMO57058E415;
- MA Registration: MS 4231 BD.
- FireBoy Xintex Fire Extinguisher and Engine Shutdown System;
- MarineAir VTD16K-41A Reverse Cycle Heat Pump;
- Village Marine Tec. Watermaker model LWM 150;
- Imtra SP75T Bow Thruster, Allen key for zinc: 5mm, nut: 19mm, anode item SM71190A.
State Room Mattresses
- All Port Lights have been replaced with New Found Metals polished stainless steel cam lock ones;
- In 2012 Jamestown Boatyard peeled the whole bottom, 2 passes, to remove all osmotic blisters. New fiberglass was applied with vinylester resin. JB warrants their work against new blisters for 10 years;
- West Marine Tahiti binoculars;
- Lightning Protection per www.marinelightning.com;
- SOS Dan Buoy overboard rescue www.danbuoy.com, www.sosmarine.com.
- Foam P1823, 1.8 density 21# compression;
- Fitted sheets throughout.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Aug 16, 19 12:16 PM
This ad has been removed at the request of the owner. For the current list of sailboats for sale by their owners, please click here...
Aug 16, 19 11:55 AM
It's true that the ketch sailboat with its split rig can make an attractive cruising sailboat for a short-handed crew, but there is a downside to these types of sailboats
Aug 15, 19 06:58 AM
The honest answer to the question 'Should I Buy a Boat?' is 'No, not unless you've properly thought it through'. There are four fundamental aspects of boat ownership that you must consider...