Cape Dory 36 Circumnavigator for sale
by Spencer Pooley
Cape Dory 36 Circumnavigator 1983
After living aboard for 21 years and sailing twice around the world I am ready to swallow the anchor and move ashore.
My boat is currently in the water in Trinidad and can be seen at any time.
It is cutter rigged with roller furling genoa and staysail.
It is powered with a Perkins 4-108 diesel and a Balmar 7.2kva 120 volt diesel generator. Two completely redundant hydraulic ram Navico autopilots are installed as well as a Monitor windvane as backup ( still not needed to date)
Four 32 watt flexible solar panels are stored below for emergency power.
2001 New Standing Rig Staylocks - Australia;
2001 New Staysail - Australia;
2001 New Teak coach roof Handrails and Teak Ply under all Portlights;
2004 Complete Perkins 4-108 rebuild and new transmission - Trinidad;
2005 Added Monitor windvane for backup - Trinidad;
2006 New Mainsail - Australia;
2008 New teak toe and rub rails Thailand;
2008 New Adler Barber Fridge (we make ice!) - Thailand;
In the last 5 years the following upgrades have been made here in Trinidad:
1. New teak sole (Teak is grown here in Trinidad);
2. All new cushions and covers below 2013;
3. All nonskid repainted Deck,Cockpit and Coachroof;
4. 4 Epoxy barrier coats applied 2015;
5. New 53 gallon diesel tank 2016;
6. New 50 gallon flexible water tank 2017;
7. New 24 Gallon forepeak water tank 2013;
8. New complete Crown Raritan head mechanism 2017;
9. New Sunbrella boat cover 2017;
10. New Dodger and Awning 2014;
11. New Dodger Windows 2017;
12. New Perkins Starter 2017;
13. New Jabsco fresh water pressure system 2017;
14. Replaced Forestay, Backstay and insulators, and Cap shrouds along with all toggles and turnbuckles 2018;
15. New Window Type aircon 2017;
16. New Anchor Chain 2013;
17. New Anchorlift Windlass 2013;
Asking Price: $40,000
Please click here to contact the owner (Spencer Pooley) by email...