C&C 37R for Sale
by Tammy and James Doucette
(Boat is located in Barrington, RI)
Ocean Phoenix is a 1989 C&C 37R (Hull #11) designed as a racer/cruiser.
Currently located in Barrington, Rhode Island, she has been in the water for the last 3 years and out in storage during the winter months. The 37R hull was built entirely with DuPont hybrid material that combines Kevlar with Glass Reinforced Plastic. The deck is constructed in typical C&C fashion using end-grain balsa core. This process results in a very high strength or stiffness to weight ratio. Unidirectional glass is used for additional local stiffing. Her sleek lines and deep keel allow for some amazing sailing.
If you are looking for a fast boat that points well, is outfitted for a family or a couple, and can handle many different situations, then look no further.
- LOA - 39.50’;
- LWL - 31.83’;
- Beam - 12.58’;
- Draft - 8.16’;
- Air Draft - 62.00’;
- Listed Sail Area - 798 square feet;
- Displacement - 14,900 pounds;
- Ballast - 7,200 pounds;
- SA/Disp - 21.16;
- Bal./Disp - 48.32%;
- Disp./Length - 206.27;
- Designer - Robert Ball;
- Builder - C&C Yachts;
- Years of production - 1988 through 1990;
- Number built - 25.
- Fuel - 20 gallons;
- Water - 30 gallons;
- Holding 12 gallons.
- Universal - FW cooled;
- Model - M35;
- Fuel type - Diesel;
- Horsepower - 30;
- Propeller - 2 bladed folding;
- (1) Starting batteries;
- (2) deep cycle house batteries;
- (1) spare dual purpose (not connected);
- General information - The engine is located at the bottom of the stairs as you enter the salon/galley area. This allows for access to your engine on all four sides for easy maintenance.
- 12v DC system;
- Xantrex 600 Pro Watt inverter;
- Xantrex battery monitor;
- 12v DC distribution panel x2;
- General information: The electrical systems have been cleaned up and wires replaced that were no longer working and removed if no longer needed.
- Raymarine RL80 platter;
- Raymarine radar with Edson pole mount;
- Ray Star 125 GPS antenna;
- Raymarine ST6000 auto-pilot;
- Raymarine P70 auto-pilot control head;
- Signet marine depth sounder SL172 with flush-mounted transducer;
- Raymarine i50/i60 speed, wind, depth system pack;
- Sony am/FM/cd with amp and BOSE speakers;
- Ritchie 5M magnetic compass;
- Howard Miller barometer.
- MOM 8;
- Henderson Mark V manual bilge pump (above deck);
- Gusher manual bilge pump (below deck);
- Automatic bilge pump;
- Second automatic bilge pump with high water alarm;
- One Mobri radar reflector;
- First aid kit;
- Flares in a watertight container;
- Bermuda bolted mast;
- Two fire extinguishers;
- Offshore lee cloths;
- 60 pound Bruce anchor with 200ft of rode.
- Force 10 stove with oven;
- Double molded sinks;
- H/C pressurized water;
- Propane fired hot water heater;
- Large Icebox with Nova Kool icebox conversion kit lt201 rt6 12v, with freezer;
- Ample storage space with two tall lockers and two cabinets with sliding doors;
- Storage compartment behind the sink;
- Custom made cutting board/sink cover, cutting board/stove cover and cutting board/storage cover, plus original covers for user choice;
- General information: The galley has a lot of open space; with great ease of access you can cook and prep and delivery to the salon or topside to the deck. The icebox conversion allows you to keep a small amount of frozen product and a large amount of fridge space. The top side of the icebox is great for additional prep space or serving space.
- All upholstering has been dyed with new zippers installed;
- The foam was all cleaned and disinfected with new batten and silk wrap added (2017);
- Teak and holly cabin sole, this was all removed, stripped and redone (2018);
- Teak trim;
- General information: The aft cabin offers the equivalent to a king-size bed. Underneath houses dry storage space. In the salon, you find two-quarter berths (P/S). On the starboard side under the quarter berth, you have two storage area on the port side you have your freshwater and a storage area. The V-berth offers a large airy space with great headroom and abundance of storage under it. If you include the two settees, this vessel can sleep 8 comfortably.
- Jabsco Manual toilet;
- H/C pressurized sink/shower unit;
- Ample storage space;
- Teak door and trim<./li>
Sail Handling Equipment:
- 1999 Dacron cruising main;
- Delivery main;
- 2000 North 3DL 144%;
- 1999 North light #1 147%;
- 1999 North Heavy #1 147%;
- North #2;
- North #3;
- North #4;
- North storm tri-sail;
- North ¾ ounce;
- North ½ ounce.
Miscellaneous Gear and Information:
- Triple spreader mast;
- NAVTEC rod rigging;
- NAVTEC hydraulic backstay;
- NAVTEC boom vang;
- Extra tuff luff headstay;
- HARKEN Mark III roller furling;
- HARKEN main traveler with internal fine-tuning;
- SPECTRA running backstays;
- All halyards and control lines;
- FORESPAR carbon spinnaker pole;
- Inboard and outboard genoa tracks;
- Lead adjustable genoa cars;
- (4) BARIENT #32 winches;
- (4) BARIENT #40 winches;
- (8) Line clutches;
- (8) HARKEN magic boxes;
- Assorted snatch blocks;
- Rail jib rollers;
- Spaghetti bag;
- New genoa track lines;
- New main traveler control line;
- New jib furling line;
- New topping lift line;
- New steaming/foredeck LED light;
- New masthead/anchor LED light.
- 54” EDSON steering wheel;
- Custom made rudder;
- Keel and rudder have been faired to templates;
- Bottom treated with PETIT Vivid white ablative bottom paint every year;
- 3 covered fenders;
- Dock lines;
- Removeable forward berth;
- Bilge was recently cleaned and painted.
For more information, pictures and videos you can visit our website at www.svoceanphoenix.com, where we have documented many of our happenings and improvements.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Oct 17, 20 11:19 AM
Most cruising sailboats stow a bosuns chair for getting aloft, but there are other ways of getting up there. Take a look at traditional and modern mast-climbing alternatives here
Oct 16, 20 04:14 AM
'Windsmith II' is a fully equipped long distance cruising sailboat. She has crossed the Atlantic, explored the Outer Hebrides, English Channel and the
Oct 15, 20 04:28 AM
My 1984 Wauquiez Gladiateur - 'Kesh' - is the sturdy little sister to the Wauquiez Pretorien. She's a very well-built offshore capable cruiser with new