Dufour Gib'Sea 51 "NEMO"
SORRY, NOW SOLD!
The Gib'Sea 51 is the flagship of the Dufour Family cruising line. Created for the charter market and further developed into a private cruising yacht, the GS51 offers the best of all the Gib'Sea line of innovative and sensibly designed yachts.
The layout is wonderfully practical with the galley and saloon opposite midships, perfect for preparing food and serving to the dinette that can seat 8 - 10 people. The separate chart table is just aft of the galley to port and features the 12v and 220v panels, VHF radio, SSB radio, radio/cd player and instrumentation. This is a well thought out floorplan with immense room for socializing and accommodating the family and friends. It is fully air-conditioned and all can be run via the NL generator or shore power.
On deck the cockpit is the focal point of the boat. The twin wheel design and pass-thru transom combine into a functional and comfortable area of the boat. Wide side decks and the "Dolphin Nose" assist in anchoring.
"Nemo"was purchased by the present owners from the Moorings fleet in 2009 and has been continually upgraded and improved over the last four years. Originally with 5 sleeping cabins (2 aft cabins, 2 midship cabins and 1 forecabin) each with ensuit heads, the partition between the two midship cabins has been removed to create an extremely spacious double cabin with settee and two heads. The forecabin is no longer used as a sleeping cabin and, together with the head, devoted to useful storage.
The many upgrades and improvements include new sails (furling genoa, battened main with lazyjacks and lazy bag – Doyle-Dec 2010) and canvas sprayhood and bimini with side and rear sun screens A & F Sails – Antigua – May 2010. The maintenance log details a complete list.
Thinking of buying a sailboat? SPECIFICATION
For some absolutely essential money-saving advice Click Here!
- LOA: 15.78m
- LWL: 14.90m
- Beam: 4.84m
- Draft: 1.85m
- Displacement: 15,230kg
- Ballast: 4,650kg
- Fuel tanks capacity: 500 litres intwo tanks
- Water tanks capacity: 1055 litres in four tanks
- Main engine: Perkins Sabre 85hp M92 shaft drive 3 blade fixed prop and Stripper rope cutter (2013)
- Generator: Northern Lights M673L 5kw
- NPG gelcoat and first solid laminate cloth impregnated with NPG resin.
- Hand-laid hull in isophtalic resin and glass fibre reinforced with TWARON
- Floor frames laminated to the hull
- Deck in balsa core sandwich
- Deck counter moulded
- Inner head moulding
- Cast iron keel
- Semi-elliptic rudder
- Force 10 3 burner cooker (June 2011)
- Trident gas control panel
- Sankey electric cooker/toaster (May 2013)
- Twin Stainless Steel Sinks
- Nemo is fully equiped with a full set of white crockery, glasses saucepans, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- There is also ample bedding and towels for all cabins
- Large top loading refrigerator compartment with Frigoboat Serie 5000 engine driven
- Refrigeratleion system
- Front opening refrigerator with 12v DC Frigoboat keel cooled compressor
- Waeco Coolfreeze CF-50 portable cool box. This is located in the forecabin and can operate on both AC and DC power. Can be used as a freezer or refrigerator. (Dec. 2011)
- Dinghy: AB Ventus 10' RIB (Aug 2009)
- Outboard: Nissan Marine 18hp 2 Stroke (2013)
- Batteries: Engine (May 2013)
Service (June 2012)
- Xantrex Battery Charger (Aug 2009)
- Xantrex Linklife battery monitor (Aug 2009)
- Xantrex Invertor 400 Plus (Aug 2009)
- High output alternator and smart regulator (Nov 2011)
- Lofrans Tigre Windlass (October 2012)
- Delta anchor and 60m 3/8" HT Chain (2012)
- Fortress Anchor (Nov 2010)
- Bruce anchor
- SeaSafe Liferaft (May 2011)
- Icom IC-M504 VHF and Command Mic (May 2011)
- Icom IC-M700PRO SSB Radio telephone with whip antenna (Aug 2009)
- Garmin GPSMap 520 chartplotter withBlueChart g2 Vision charts for East Carribean (Nov 2009)
- Magma propane BBQ Grill ( Jan 2010)
- Honda petrol 110v generator (Sept 2011)
- Shore power lead, extention lead and spare plugs and adaptors
- Two aluminium Propane bottles
- Raymarine X Series Smartpilot with Smartpilot Controller ST 7002 (control unit Nov 2010)
- Raymarine AIS Receiver (May 2011)
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata
- Plastimo Compass
NEMO is currently in St Lucia, West Indies
The asking price is US$160,000
The owner can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org