FP Bahia 46 catamaran in top condition with a great inventory.
by Graeme Judell
This privately owned Bahia has been meticulously prepared for long term live aboard world cruising.
The rig is more generous than on most cruising cats, giving good performance.
The Bimini is clean in appearance yet strong. The dinghy davit arrangement is excellent.
The sculpted hull and deck lines add a touch of elegance. Confortable spacious and in exceptional condition.
Ready to sail. With a complete inventory for live aboard cruising.This catamaran is known for its ability to sail.
Confortable spacious and in exceptional condition. With a complete inventory for live aboard cruising.
A little History!
As a result of a recently installed) faulty fitting, the entire rig was lost overboard in 2017. The hulls suffered no damage.
(The gel-coat scratches have been professionally repaired)
- The Sails, Mainsail and Jib, lazy bag, (stack pack) Mast, Boom, all running and standing rigging, mast winches, furler, radar, mast head instruments
are all NEW 2018.
2 x 40 HP Yanmar 3 cylinder diesels with ST 50 saildrives and 3 bladed Kiwiprops all in great working order.
Approximately 3000 hours.
The Bahia from Fountaine Pajot a classic, known for its fast and comfortable sailing ability.
- 4 spacious double cabins with hanging cupboards, shelving and ensuit bathrooms
+ 4 single births.
-2 in the independen bow cabins which are accesable fromm the both deck and the forecabin
- 2 in the middle of theach hull.
- 4 Jabsco heads,one in each bathroom, 1 with Y valve to holding tank.
- Pressurised hot and cold fresh water to galley, 4 bathrooms (showers and hand basins) and deck shower.
- 4 large solar panels on the davits. (life changing with total energy autonomy)
- 4 x 150 watt solar panels on the davits.
- 9 x 160 Amp.h Batteries new 2017
- 2 x 80 amp alternators.
- Shore power charger 50 amp Xantrex
- Victron 12v to 220 v inverter 2800 watt.
- Water-maker 60 l/h. (desalinator can be run entirely by solar panels from 10 am to 4 pm on a sunny day.
- Fridge + freezer 2 water cooled very efficient compressors.
(The solar panels are more than adequate to keep food frozen and the fridge cold in even in the hottest conditions ie.
I have never have to run the motor to charge the batteries.)
- Iridium Satellite phone with deck antennae.
- Flat screen TV in Saloon
- Stereo with saloon and cockpit speakers.
- Semi rigid dingy with 18hp Toshiba. Fast enough to wake board!
- 2 fuel tanks for outboard
- Large toolbox
- Spare wet weather gear
- de-humidifier 220v for marina
- 40 kg spade anchor with 75 meters of 12mm (heavy) galvanized chain. Second 35 kg Delta anchor + 8 kg aluminum anchor.
- Numerous sheets and lines,
- 100 m. x 35 mm. hawser rope.
- Mooring lines and fenders.
- Large cockpit with full set of cockpit cushions.
- The raised helm station has a cushioned seat large enough for 2/3 people.
- Biminy with removable zip on clear plastic panels all round.
- Also with removable zip on sun shade (mosquito) screens all round.
- 1 Diesel tank 400 liters.
- 10 x 10 liter jerrycans for extra Diesel.
- 2 fresh water tanks total capacity 860 liters.
- Mosquito/fly screens on all hatches and also the main entrances to the saloon and the two aft cabins.
- Bedding matresses recent and all bedding included.
- 2 full sets of diving equipment.
Bottles, regulators, gauges, stabilisation jackets, dive computers spear guns masks flippers etc.
- Full galley inventory. Plates, glasses, pressure cooker, pots, pans, cutlery, soda stream etc;
- Clips, shackles, pulleys etc;
- Spare spectra steering lines;
- Countless spare parts for winches rigging, Jabsco heads, sail repairs, fridges etc.etc.etc.
- A good deck brush;
- Karsher high pressure water cleaner.
- Paper Charts for most of the world, Pacific Atlantic Med Caribbean US etc.
- Electronic charts for everyere in the world.
- Complete medical kit.
- Spare autopilot drive unit (never used)
- Spare desalinator membrane (never used)
- Mainsail 5 batten 72 m2 (delta voiles) NEW 2018
- Jib and furler (Profurl) NEW 2018
- Mast with standing and running rigging. NEW 2018
- Boom with new lazy bag. NEW 2018
- Mast head wind instruments and radar. NEW 2018
- Gennaker on furler
- Asymmetric spinnaker with sleeve.
Both the Gennaker and Spinnaker can be rigged from the bowsprit or the bow pullies.
- Raymarine P70 autopilot with spare drive unit. (2014)
- Raymarine multisystem chart plotter GPS, Radar, AIS, with touch screen (2016)
- Wind (apparent/true speed and direction)
- Wifi multiplex distributes signals to computers and an ipad (included)
giving repeat instruments in cabin or saloon.
- Echo sounder, Boat speed and heading, COG + SOG etc. from 3 multi display screens in cockpit.
- Compass (magnetic) "Contest"
- AIS Vesper watch mate transceiver with GPS intergrated.
- VHF radio west marine 5600 with distress calling button.
- 12 conventional life jackets
- 2 self inflating life jackets with harness integrated
- Bouys etc.
- EPIRB McMurdo Fastfind 406 Mz.
- 2 Man over board McMurdo SAT smartfind with AIS
- Plastimo life-raft 10 person in transom (2008)
- Iridium Satellite phone with deck antennae.
and the list goes on...
Please click here to contact the owner, Graeme Judell, by email...
Thinking of Buying a Secondhand Sailboat?
For some Absolutely Essential Money-Saving Advice click here...
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to sell your sailboat.
Jun 14, 18 10:11 AM
Hauling out your boat and laying her up safely ashore at the end of the the sailing season is not something to take lightly. Here's how to do it right.
Jun 14, 18 06:56 AM
LED Boat Lights are definitely the way to go for both cabin lighting and navigation lights - around 90% savings in power consumption and 50,000 hours before they need replacing!
Jun 12, 18 01:47 PM
It's always a good thing to get the ballast as low down as possible on a sailboat, which is why the bulb keel is so popular on performance boats. Here's how we built and fitted ours