‘Gypsy Wind’, a 1988 Cutter-Rigged Caliber 38
by Len Ziska
(Poulsbo, Washington, USA)
Sailing in Tonga
Currently located in Poulsbo, Washington (West of Seattle), ‘Gypsy Wind’ is a proven bluewater sailboat.
She has taken us from Seattle to Australia and back, handles rough water very well and loves smooth water.
She is a comfortable liveaboard boat. Unfortunately it is time for us to move on from sailing.
‘Gypsy Wind’ has an enclosed cockpit with roll up side curtains and a hard dodger which makes it a great all round cruising boat.
The Raymarine chart plotter and auto pilot were updated 2 years ago.
There are 3 solar panels, a wind generator and a watermaker for self sufficiency.
The galley is well set up for cooking undersail as well as at anchor, easily seats 6 for dinner at the fold out table, or more for conversation with the table folded up against the bulkhead.
The main cabin has a Pullman berth, the crew quarters are tucked away on the starboard side with the navigation station on the port side.
There's additional sleeping accommodation in the main salon with a pull-out double and a comfortable settee with a lee cloth.
Two heads, one with separate shower, the other with a handheld shower. Lots of storage. This boat is ready for cruising, locally or offshore.
- Hull composition: fiberglass;
- Engine: Yanmar 4;
- Fuel: diesel 50 gallons;
- Filter system: double Racor filters;
- Water: 140 gallons;
- Navigation: Raymarine Multifunction system (2 years old);
- Autopilot: Raymarine (new 2 years ago);
- Radar: Raymarine;
- Depth sounder: Raymarine;
- Wind gauge: Raymarine;
- Depth gauge: Raymarine;
- Anchoring: Bruce, CQR, Danforth, 200ft chain, 200 ft rode;
- Other: 3 solar panels, wind generator;
- Sails: cruising spinnaker, roller furling jib, self tending stays’l, mainsail, Storm trys’l on separate track;
- Sleeping: main cabin with Pullman berth, quarter berth, main salon pull out double and single with lee cloth;
- Heads: 2, 1 with separate shower, 1 with handheld shower;
- Navigation station: situated on port side by Galley;
- Galley: Force 10 propane stove/oven, deep double sink, pressure water, pressure seawater, foot pump fresh water, Little Marine Watermaker, microwave;
- Heating: Webasto hydronic heating system;
Asking Price: $110,000