Jimmy Cornell & Bill Dixon Steel Custom Design - 'LA AVENTURA' FOR SALE
And three videos with commentary...
1. A tour of the deck and cockpit;
2. A tour through the interior;
3. The engine, hear it running.
PRICE REDUCED - SERIOUSLY FOR SALE - CONTACT NOW!'La Aventura'
is a high quality, custom design Steel Blue Water Cruising Yacht. Built in the UK by Croft/Metzradt Yachts.
She has a Lifting Winged Daggerboard Keel, with a draft Keel up 3ft 3ins- 1.0m: Keel down 7.3 ft -2.2m;
A well engineered yacht with style and practicality few other boats of this size offer.La Aventura
incorporates many rather innovative, and unique features:
- SHALLOW DRAFT WITH A WINGED DAGGERBOARD. The wing section is attached to the daggerboard by bolts that it can be removed for maintenance /repair. This allows the board to be retracted upwards through a slot in the deck and covered by a waterproof plate. The lifting board ensures a draft of only one metre/3ft 3ins with the board up, with 450kg/1000lbs of lead ballast in the wings, this contributes considerably to the stability of the boat as the weight is concentrated as low as possible. It also means that with the board down the boat is very comfortable in a rolly anchorage as the wings dampen both pitching and rolling. With the board up, the boat can dry out resting on the wing and twin skegs.
- THE WATERTIGHT COLLISION BULKHEAD for added safety the forward cabin is separated from the rest of the hull. Powerful clamps seal the watertight door between the forward cabin and the rest of the hull.
- PROTECTED STEERING POSITION under the shelter of the fixed wheelhouse provides protection from rain, spray and sun, and offers panoramic views surrounded by toughened glass on three sides. The watchkeeper is dry and comfortable. This protection contributes greatly to the overall safety.
- INDEPENDENT SELF-STEERING is incorporated in the overall design, rather that added on as an afterthought. The rudder of the Hydrovane self-steering gear passes through the floor of the transom platform, and can act as an emergency rudder. A powerful B & G auto pilot is also fitted.
- MIMIMUM NUMBER OF THROUGH HULL OPENINGS with only four seacocks, three of which are closely grouped together and easily accessible in an emergency. The two large ones service the cockpit drains and galley. One dedicated seacock provides take-off points for all seawater intakes. The fourth outlet, placed further aft is for the heads.
- PLATFORM STERN DESIGN makes boarding from the water easier and also protects the self-steering gear and acts as a crumple area in case of collision from astern.
- TWIN ENGINES ensures a second propulsion and charging unit. This is paramount when one considers the number of yachts that get into trouble either because their engine has broken down or it cannot be started as the batteries have been discharged. When motor-sailing, one of the 29hp engines provides ample power with minimal fuel consumption.
- GRAVITY FUEL TANK (day tank) has a 15 litre capacity. This system acts as an additional fuel filter/ fuel polishing system.
- AFT OPEN PLAN LIVING saloon and galley located in the aft section of the boat.
- FORWARD STORAGE/WORKSHOP CABIN– as storage is a major issue on any cruising boat, the forward cabin is used for storing the spare sails, diving gear, tools, fenders, spare ground tackle, ropes etc.
offers a sailing experience with minimal physical effort and high standard of living accommodation. Designed in such a way to make the owners life easier, and the on-board experience more pleasurable – making long distance cruising achievable.
The boat is clearly aimed at couples with occasional guests who are looking for comfort and space in a 40th foot yacht.'La Aventura'
has been continuously invested in, kept up-to-date, well maintained and looked after throughout the 23 years with the current ownership.
Launched in 1989 and completed a circumnavigation between 1989 and 1992, some of which was part of the first Round the World Rally organized by Jimmy Cornell. She is fully equipped for world cruising- ready to go anywhere.
Currently in Gosport, Hampshire, UK
Jimmy & Gwenda Cornell recently visited the current owners on 'La Aventura'
and posted this report
on his website...SERIOUSLY FOR SALE